This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on main page...AGAIN

The last thread regarding the flash news box on the left side of the main page was closed. Here we go again. You have articles dating Sep 21, Sep 22, Sep 29, and one where the link doesn't work at all. It's now Oct 5th. Those news pics in that box are the main attraction when looking at the main page. Is it too much to ask to keep those stories update daily along with the rest of the news? It's to the point now where I only come here for the forums. I check the LE news at other websites b/c it is more dependable and up to date.
    Perseverate In Pugna

Damn bro, let it go! I stopped going to the main page here at O.com well over a year or so ago because they don't keep fresh news up there. Like you, I've been getting my daily LE news from another source/website. The forums here are saved in my fav's so I just come here right off the bat.

Some things sure aren't kept up around here like they very EASILY could/should be.
    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

No doubt. I pay good money to sit here and read this free site for free.
      sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by kcso View Post
        No doubt. I pay good money to sit here and read this free site for free.
        So just because it's a free site, we're not allowed to complain about simple fixes? I think MANY of us have said time and time again, we'd be HAPPY to subscribe if that's what it would take to keep the trolls out and other features working properly.
        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
          So just because it's a free site, we're not allowed to complain about simple fixes? I think MANY of us have said time and time again, we'd be HAPPY to subscribe if that's what it would take to keep the trolls out and other features working properly.

But you don't, so they aren't going to listen. Complain all you want, you're just shouting in the dark. I'm not paying one red cent to post on a forum, especially one as heavily advertised as this one. If you want change, do what we do to troll posts, ignore them until they disappear. They'll get the message real fast. If you want free, verified LEOs and secure, go to a competitor site.
          sigpic

" 'Blessed are the Peacemakers', is, I suppose, to be understood in the other world, for in this one they are frequently cursed." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

the bottom line is this compnay needs us to come to the site. they need hits to keep drawing advertisers. so if they are losing hits b/c they simply cant update the news they are potentially losing business. we have every right to complain about that. without us visiting the site they aren't getting paid.

besides, i know it's someone's job to update the news. how hard can it be? it sends the message that the staff doesn't really care about keeping the site up.
            Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I don't know what gives us that right, it's their site, they pay for it, we don't. They can do or not do whatever they want with it. I'm not saying nobody should complain, I'm saying we have no leverage. If anybody does, then it's their advertisers.
              sigpic

Comment

i never said they HAD to do anything but as consumers we absolutely have the right to complain. they are paid by proxy. if no one visits the site and buys things from advertisers then o.com goes out of business.

it is their site but believe me, cygnus doesn't have this site just to be nice to police and give us a place to visit while online. it's a business and they are only in it to make money. they should start running it as such.
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

You're entitled to your view and we agree on most all points except the "we have the right" part. I'm not saying you are wrong, I just don't agree. The forums is what draws me here, not the so called news they post.

There are other police sites I visit that have better news and not so good forums, so I go there to read news. I come here to argue, banter and have a good time. That works fine for me.
                  sigpic

Comment

We DO have an entire news staff that constantly updates news feeds. The news articles accompanied by photos aren't updated as quickly or as often because even we are restricted by copyright and licensing use laws. This issue has been visited and revisited. News is updated daily. The photo accompanied news you speak of can only be updated so quickly due to the reasons cited.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6320 users online. 314 members and 6006 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X