300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common acronyms...whay can't thread titles take 'em

Any chance we might be able to someday use common acronyms for thread titles?

LAPD, LASD, NYPD, FBI, TV, USMC, OIS, NFL and the like? Looks a little goofy when they come out as Lapd, Lasd, Nypd, Fbi, Tv, Usmc, Ois, and Nfl.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Because trolls are fond of all-caps?
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Look around, I see many thread titles that have CAPs when posters put in acronyms. Look at the New York thread, see how many times NYPD is in CAPS in a thread title.

Comment

I'm going to double POST to MAKE a POINT.

If you write something totally in all capital letters, it will make it lowercase. However, if you COMBINE some CAPITAL with some lowercase THERE is no PROBLEM

As far as I KNOW, same thing applies for THREAD titles

(if it wasn't obvious, the capitalization within this post was for demonstrational purposes)
        sigpic
        Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Comment

This Was Attempted To Be Written In All Capital Letters. It Did Not Work.
          sigpic
          Any and all statements made by this account represent my sole opinion and do not reflect an official opinion, belief, or policy of any department or agency to which I am employed by. Further, I am in no way authorized to speak on behalf of any department or agency.

Comment

THIS IS A DEMONSTRATION OF THE CAPABILITY TO USE ALL UPPERCASE CHARACTERS PROVIDED THAT AT LEAST ONE LOWERCASE CHARACTER IS IN THE CHARACTER STRING. IF NO LOWERCASE CHARACTERS ARE IN THE CHARACTER STRING, THE vBULLETIN SOFTWARE SUBSTITUTES CAPITALIZATION OF THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH WORD, WITH THE REMAINDER OF EACH WORD IN LOWERCASE. YOU HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE LOWERCASE CHARACTER IF YOU WANT TO YELL AT PEOPLE IN ALL CAPS.

Comment

So that's why I sometimes see newbies capitalizing the first letter of each and every freaking word! I'd wondered about that.

Comment

It's very easy to accidentally hit the "Caps Lock" key when you're trying to hit the left "Shift" key.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Ealerman View Post
                  It's very easy to accidentally hit the "Caps Lock" key when you're trying to hit the left "Shift" key.
                  That's right!! looK at Me wheN i TalK.... Due to a childhood accidenT that left me with a seVere SpeecH impedement.....

HATERS !!
                  Originally posted by mookster
                  Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                  Originally posted by CityCopDC
                  I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                  Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                  I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                  -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5407 users online. 305 members and 5102 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X