• Show
Clear All

• OfficerDotCom-Loitering and Babysitting

I refer to the following Closed Thread.

Click Here

And the message contained therein as quoted,

Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
    Once AGAIN:

Report them. I handle all reported posts EVERY WEEKDAY MORNING -and often every evening. I DO NOT Have 24/7 to loiter on this forum and babysit. REPORT THEM.
    With respect OfficerDotCom and I think that you should show more respect to members - I checked the profiles of the members that you have so rudely addressed as quoted above and including myself there is over 88 years police and military service recorded on some of those profiles and we didn't join this website forum to be addressed and dictated to in such an obnoxious manner.

The bottom line is that Officer.com is a commercial website existing solely to return a profit for Cygnus Business Media and without a forum membership you would not attract the the same advertising dollar and so it just might be in your or your employer's interest to have someone 'loiter and babysit' this website forum for as long as it takes to restore it to its former position.

I have been a member of Officer.com long before Cygnus Business Media arrived on the scene and since the departure of the founder who was a serving police officer, I have over the years noticed an increase in the number of so called Trolls and these so called Trolls continue to remain unchecked because of the lack of dedicated admin/moderators.

There are other commercial Law Enforcement Websites that are now far superior to Officer.com in all aspects of website/forum design, including membership facilities, presentation, quality of topics, supervision, security and confirmed LEO status.

Perhaps you should reflect upon the fact that genuine members have other choices.

Hi JohnKelly,

I think Frank does a good job.

Regards,

Monty

Comment

I'm looking at this situation as a "Get whet you pay for" deal. I feel we come out on top without paying dues, and if you have a "Troll" problem, don't read their posts.

M-11
      “All men dream...... But not equally..
      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

JohnKelly;

All points well taken. I apologize to any officers I offended with that abrupt response.

All: continue to report trolls, anti-LE, restricted section violators, etc. I will continue to deal with them as quickly as I can.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8187 users online. 364 members and 7823 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
        X