Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gui4life86
    replied
    Yeah, its understandable because of all the trolls.

I guess I was just impatient. Eager to post.

Leave a comment:

• mastergunner
    replied
    I completely understand i just wanted that guy to know he should'nt complain and that it's for a good reason. I love this site!!!
    Originally posted by frankborelli View Post
    I should also let folks know that when I took the job in December there was about 6,000 applicant members in the queue. That's not criticism. The prior admin was MUCH more diligent about investigating each applicant member. I've got a different method and sometimes I do get backed up a couple weeks...

Leave a comment:

• officerdotcomm
    replied
    I should also let folks know that when I took the job in December there was about 6,000 applicant members in the queue. That's not criticism. The prior admin was MUCH more diligent about investigating each applicant member. I've got a different method and sometimes I do get backed up a couple weeks...

Leave a comment:

• mastergunner
    replied
    It took me a couple of months.
    Originally posted by gui4life86 View Post
    After clicking my verification link, it took like two weeks for my account to get authorized to post. I made a user before making this account and it didn't get authorized after a week and a half, so I made this account thinking something messed up. It took anther week to get this account authorized. An admin shouldn't have to manually allow someone to join a forum.

Leave a comment:

• officerdotcomm
    replied
    the one thing that most new users get caught up in is if they register using a screen name (i.e. imthenewguy) and an identical email address from a well known spam email provider (i.e. [email protected]). The filters automatically kick that out. There has to be some semblence of intelligence demonstrated in the registration process.

Leave a comment:

• asullivan
    replied
    Yiiiikes

Oh, Oh, I better put on my "cloaking Device" The name Borelli sounds meaner than Frank......... Kinda Mobster like!!! Beware you lousy trolls!!!

Leave a comment:

• officerdotcomm
    replied
    If I had to guess I'd say it's running about 20%. There are those who have been removed in the past who are trying to sneak back and all of the spammers, bots, etc. Occassionally a few slip through and they get promptly reported (thank you all).

Leave a comment:

• Columbus
    replied
    Do you deny many for approval Frank?

Leave a comment:

• officerdotcomm
    replied
    I just play referee, sir... Thank Officer.com for the site. ENJOY!

Leave a comment:

• RCKoutWurGLKout
    replied
    Hey Frank,

LOL I actually agreed with the first guy, but I also figured that you had a long list of people to approve. I just didn't realize there was a time limit, because my other account didn't get approved, and eventually, I couldn't even log in to check the forums. Then, when I made this one I was approved...so I'm not sure why the first one didn't go through =D.

As far as needing approval, it makes sense, and I don't blame you.

LA Dep, you're very correct. I didn't find that out until AFTER my first rejection and I started to troll around here and learned more. I'm kinda glad I wasn't able to post for a while, b/c it allowed me to just search out a ton of answers first. I think my first name was on the wait list for at least three to four weeks.

Regards,

Thanks for the Site, Frank.

Leave a comment:

• officerdotcomm
    replied
    Thanks for the words of support guys. Now I get to go try to sift and approve (or not) more!

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    To add to the above, since your profile states that you want to become a LEO in the future;

If you think it took a long time to get approved here, wait till you start going through the hiring process with one or more agencies..........

Leave a comment:

• CityCopDC
    replied
    An admin shouldn't have to manually allow someone to join a forum.
    If you look around for 10 mins, youll see exactly why this is. Is it the best recourse? Maybe not. For this type of forum, for those that its targetted towards (LE/Public Safety), its virtually required. The endless supply of trolls, know it alls, wednesday morning quarterbacks, arm chair warriors/generals/priests/rabbi's, criminals, 2nd amendment extremists (the ones who feel you should be able to carry while still inside mommy's tummy) and general impostors makes it a neccessity to have someone reveiew each and every request. While im sure its tedious, its being done by one person who is also tasked with babysitting grown iz*** adults and children.

Leave a comment:

• Monty Ealerman
    replied
    After clicking my verification link, it took like two weeks for my account to get authorized to post. I made a user before making this account and it didn't get authorized after a week and a half, so I made this account thinking something messed up. It took anther week to get this account authorized. An admin shouldn't have to manually allow someone to join a forum.
    Hi gui4life86.

I'm not a moderator or administrator here, just a guy who's been around on the board for a few years, and who's seen some of the changes that have occurred over time.

Welcome aboard.

I think you'll appreciate Mr. Frank Borrelli's careful and judicious policing of this board as you gain greater experience here.

I understand your not liking the fact that it takes a while to get approved, but I think Frank is a very reasonable guy, and I know he's quite busy, so he can't handle all requests immediately. His work does a great deal to help this board to continue to be a great place to view ideas of others and to express one's own, especially in law enforcement contexts.

Please try to be patient about turnaround times and restrictions and precautions and such. The turnaround times are due to the fact that Frank is a human being, not a computer. He really is doing a lot of work here, and he has to implement precautions largely manually, and that makes things take more time.

The restrictions and precautions are in place to maintain the identity of the site, and to help make it as good an example of the kind of site it is as it can be.

I look forward to seeing some of your posts.

Regards,

Monty
    Last edited by Monty Ealerman; 09-05-2008, 07:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• officerdotcomm
    replied
    Sir:

After you've read some of the posts here you will understand exactly why an administrator has to approve someone. FYI: in the last batch I sorted and approved there were no less than ten requests for "new" members that were people we'd banned in the past.

Sorry you had to wait so long. Now that you're here hopefully you'll find it of value.

Stay safe.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4156 users online. 261 members and 3895 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X