• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Katrina "survivor"

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=5362415

Suspect Posed as a Woman, Promised Sexual Favors to the Teen
    By T.J. Alexander
    June 2, 2007 - A West Philadelphia man was arrested Friday night and is now facing charges after luring a group of teens to his home by posing as a woman on Myspace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also on 6abc:
    Report a Typo | Discuss This Story | More Local News | Check Traffic

Go to Inside Politics| Newslinks and Recalls | 6abc Podcasts| RSS Feeds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday night around 9:30 p.m. a group of teenage boys went to an apartment in the 42-hundred block of Chestnut Street to meet who they thought was a girl whom one of the boys met on Myspace. The girl's name was Jasmine, and she promised sexual favors to the teen.

The teen and his friends arrived at the apartment to find that Jasmine was really a 28-year-old man posing as a woman online.

The teens left the apartment and immediately contacted authorities who in turn arrested the man. The suspect was apprehended while wearing a wig, which was taken into evidence.

Jasmine's real name is Jerome Booker. Originally from New Orleans, Booker was placed in Philadelphia nearly two years ago by FEMA after Hurricane Katrina.

Booker is being charged with 3 counts of attempted sexual assault, corrupting a minor and luring a child.

Special victims investigators are now pressing to get a warrant to review Bookers Myspace account and activity to see if there are any other possible victims he has lured through the same alleged strategy.
    "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
    09/11/2001 Never Forget

Well atleast he's behind bars
    ‎"I'm angry. It's okay. I'll process my anger. I love myself. Whoosah.

Comment

And if Katrina had not happened ,who is to say he would not have wound up there anyway??? Everyone knows that N.O. has criminals and that Katrina brought out the worse in some people,But what the hell is the point in posting every story about a "Bad" Katrina survivor.

It reminds me of the stories in the press ,the headline will read "Ex-Cop Charged in Murder" then when you read the story you find out ,he was an honorary deputy for 30 minutes at his local high school prom dance"

Please EVERYONE we down here are trying to get on with our lives,Things will never be the same for us and we have (most) accepted that fact.We are just as sick of hearing the word Katrina as you are,we also have to hear words like FEMA,and Road Home, and deficit etc etc..PLEASE,Let this thread die,think of it as Katrinas final victim!! Thank You.
      Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by mavriktu View Post
        We are just as sick of hearing the word Katrina as you are,we also have to hear words like FEMA,and Road Home, and deficit etc etc..PLEASE,Let this thread die,think of it as Katrinas final victim!! Thank You.
        Thank you mavriktu. I was wondering just how long we were supposed to be calling people Katrina survivors. Not being from NO, I was hesitant to bring it up. But I was begining to think it was going to last forever, just like being a holocost survivor.
        You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
          Thank you mavriktu. I was wondering just how long we were supposed to be calling people Katrina survivors. Not being from NO, I was hesitant to bring it up. But I was begining to think it was going to last forever, just like being a holocost survivor.
          Actually,all these stories that keep getting posted or about "escapees",I am a "survivor" I worked a 32 hour shift,I was driving in 150 + mph winds dodging falling trees to get to people.I have already submitted a request to O. to please delete this forum,maybe if more would get on the bandwagon it might help.It is now the old "Move on people-Nothing to see here"
          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

I think the crux of the matter is that there was, in fact, a large number of dysfunctional people contained in that little city called New Orleans. While America was willing to overlook that and continue life as we know it, that all changed after Katrina. Suddenly, that all changed when the people were shipped to other places. There was a sudden surge in crime in many of those relocation sites.

Now, we don't blame the police for that. We are sure the NO Police did the best they could given the environment they worked in. But, when social programs pay for the majority of the citizens, and those citizens have no desire to contribute to the society and instead, leach off of it, there is a recipe for anarchy. I have read many articles about NO. One stated about 60% of the residents were on welfare or receiving some type of state aid. That's huge.

When a population that has no social skills and has been living off the government t!t suddenly gets shipped to someplace where they are actually held responsible for their crimes, you get those type of stories.

God help us if something like like Katrina happens in a place like Washington DC, or Baltimore, Detroit, or Chicago, or maybe even NYC. the influx of people into the relocation sites will cause an immediate increase in crime. That's what the news is reporting. NO isn't the worst city- they just became the "Katrina" storyline.

I said when the relocations happened that the cities would regret their decisions to help. I think I was right.

Again, no digs on the NOPD. You guys have a rough job- both before and since Katrina.
            "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5009 users online. 276 members and 4733 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X