300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just to say "Thanks".

Well, it's still in the papers there, and that group that went through last night stirring the pot didn't help it any.

A buddy forwarded these two links to me from today's paper ... real nice.

Link 1

Link 2

Just wanted to say "Thanks"
    Last edited by tbear853; 10-09-2005, 07:43 PM. Reason: correction made
    Adios amigos.

Ummm, no offence, but these guys were on their way home, not to, Katrina ravaged areas.

Or do you think Police personnel are above the law and can do what they like?

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Comment

on way home to return equipment needed for second wave of personnel.
      ===============================
      Fire burns, and when it rains you get wet.
      Stuff happens.

Comment

Originally posted by theole34

...and that can't be done without endangering the lives of others on an already dangerous highway?
        When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Comment

Ummm, no offence, but these guys were on their way home, not to, Katrina ravaged areas.

Or do you think Police personnel are above the law and can do what they like?
          pepperspray, I can't say it for a fact, but just judging by some of his other posts, I think maybe the "thanks" was intended in a more "sarcastic way" than the way which you took it.
          They bent over backwards to both satisfy the public's demand for action while trying to solve a dangerous situation without a bunch of crap between departments and they got "s**t on" for their efforts, both the trooper and the deputy. There are some hard feelings over the bad press thrown Virginia's way by certain parties, most of it totally "bs". I know some of the guys up there, they would be far more likely to agree with you than not. They have good memories.
          "That's right man, we've got mills here that'll blow that heap of your's right off the road."

"Beautiful Daughter of the Stars."(it's my home now)

>>>>> A Time for Choosing <<<<<

Retired @ 31yr 2mo as of 0000 hrs. 01-01-10. Yeah, all in all, it was good.

Comment

Oh, I definitely picked up on the sarcasm in the "thanks".

Of course, all I have to go on are the two articles posted in the OP, and they both appear to be concerned with the dangerous driving of the convoys of officers as reported by local citizens and local police.

I appreciate what those officers had been through in New Orleans, but I don't see how that is an excuse for driving recklessly to the point of endangering others.

Comment

Impromptu caravans are usually dangerous if allowed to continue indefinately. Perhaps a phone call ahead would have given the authorities the opportunity to assist in blocking off some lanes for them. Under the stress of trying to help in this disaster, many safety rules were broken and some new rules were created. We often clear the way for emergency vehicles travelling through our jurisdiction. We can't someone elses crises become our emergency.
              ( Criticism meant to be constructive)
              Jerry
              "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Whatever may have happened, I hope people have learned from it, and measures are taken that something like that doesn't happen again.

Police Officers have a tough enough job, and face enough public scrutiny already.

I think its sad that there is sour grapes with the agencies involved. They're brothers/sisters!

Comment

...and that can't be done without endangering the lives of others on an already dangerous highway?
                  i love all of the monday morning QBs.
                  once again believing the story of a few, over the truth.
                  you have all of the answers... a little too late.
                  ===============================
                  Fire burns, and when it rains you get wet.
                  Stuff happens.

Comment

Originally posted by theole34
                    well, if thats the case, wouldnt it make more sense and more economical to leave the equipment there and fly the "old" out and the "new" in. rather than drive clear across the country, four times. that is exactly what utility companies here in okla do when they assist other states after hurricanes. they send the first crew in, they work for 2 or 3 weeks, then a new crew flys in, and the old crew flies out, the last crew there brings back the gear.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4746 users online. 335 members and 4411 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X