300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bon Wier, TX

I just spent four day at the Bon Wier Baptist Church. I was there with a load of FEMA ice. I worked with the Sierra Hot Shots from California as well as the local people.

I have been working FEMA for a couple of years now and can tell you that the majority of people that come for the relief supplies at first need the help. But after a few days, it turns into a government handout/greed situation.

There are a lot of ungrateful people out there. never satisfied with the basic necessities of life. But always, every where I've been, there is one or two people that come through the line and refuse more then what they need to get by for that day. They will give back the extra and tell me to hold it for someone that needs it more then them. It is for these people that I keep doing Hurricane relief

Bon Wier,TX
    Everybody, I'll say it again, Everybody that came through that line only took what they needed and nothing more. Extra meals, water, and ice were giving back with instructions to pass it on to someone that needed it.

Everybody in the community made sure that their neighbors had food and water. Those with generators helped out with hot showers. And when our fork lifts got taken away, every body helped unload the supplies and walk the ice off of my truck.

The ladies of the church made sure that I got showers. They fed me, and even washed my clothes. ( a special mention for Mildred, Kathy, and Linda....Thank You)

It was an honor to bust my *** for these wonderful people.
    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

After hearing so many negative stories, it's nice to hear a positive one. And it's nice to hear that there are people out there who still care about others. Thanks for sharing that, StraightUp!
    Last edited by Buttercup; 10-07-2005, 11:53 AM. Reason: typo
    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Thats nice to know....thanks for sharing

Where exactly is Bon Wier?

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
        Thats nice to know....thanks for sharing

Where exactly is Bon Wier?
        North of Beaumont....East of Newton on Highway 190
        Right at the Louisiana state line

Did I mention that the kids used words like yes mam and no sir. Thats hard to find any more
        Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up
          North of Beaumont....East of Newton on Highway 190
          Right at the Louisiana state line

Did I mention that the kids used words like yes mam and no sir. Thats hard to find any more
          Oh...thanks! I am sure I pass right by it when we drive to Lousiana to visit family.

Its nice to know that parents still teach their children to say yes, mam and no sir. Heck, I am in my 30's and still say it. My daughter is 3 iand already says it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5202 users online. 297 members and 4905 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X