300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java King returns from New Orleans

Well, I just got back into town the other day after helping out in the city of New Orleans. I got sent down by my fire department to help the New Orleans fire department run calls & assist in different operations. I must say I have a whole new outlook on life. Anyone who's been following this knows that the majority of the people lost everything. It gives you a whole new appreciation for the little things in life. Most of the fire & police personnel I met with lost everything they had. Reading about it doesn't do any justice, you have to be there & see it. There were sad stories after sad stories & I had to take long walks on my off day at the camp/staging area just to clear my mind of it all. There was a good side to it all though. I've never seen a greater unity of police, fire, & military personnel working together in harmony in my entire career. I worked alongside several New York firemen, some who lived the day of 9/11. Illinois sent several crews down. I met/worked with Police from Chicago, the Jersey area, FBI, and several US forestry police. I also credit the New Orleans Police & Firemen who continued to be there and do their jobs despite losing everything. They were a great bunch of people. I'm glad to be home again especially since I had to drink bad coffee the entire time I was there. Remember.....don't take anything for granted in life.
    That's right, bring me my royal coffee!

That was a wonderful thing that you did, Java. It's good to see you back safely.
    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Glad to see you back Java King...

Here is a can of Folgers for all your hard work

THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup
        That was a wonderful thing that you did, Java. It's good to see you back safely.
        Thanks Buttercup. I was only one of the many who helped out down there. Obviously there still is a lot of work yet to be done. It will take years to rebuild that city and the other areas affected by Katrina. I would suggest anyone here to give support to all our brothers & sisters in the NOPD & NOFD. There are alot of people who also need help but since most of us here are involved in emergency services, our fellow emergency workers affected by Katrina (and Rita) need support from us all.

Comment

Glad you are back, safe and sound. Thanks.

You dont like Chicory coffee? Thought you would...I guess none of the coffee shops were open.....bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
            You dont like Chicory coffee? Thought you would...I guess none of the coffee shops were open.....bummer.
            The only thing open was Hooters.
            At least the chicken wings were decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Java King
              Well, I just got back into town the other day after helping out in the city of New Orleans. I got sent down by my fire department to help the New Orleans fire department run calls & assist in different operations. I must say I have a whole new outlook on life. Anyone who's been following this knows that the majority of the people lost everything. It gives you a whole new appreciation for the little things in life. Most of the fire & police personnel I met with lost everything they had. Reading about it doesn't do any justice, you have to be there & see it. There were sad stories after sad stories & I had to take long walks on my off day at the camp/staging area just to clear my mind of it all. There was a good side to it all though. I've never seen a greater unity of police, fire, & military personnel working together in harmony in my entire career. I worked alongside several New York firemen, some who lived the day of 9/11. Illinois sent several crews down. I met/worked with Police from Chicago, the Jersey area, FBI, and several US forestry police. I also credit the New Orleans Police & Firemen who continued to be there and do their jobs despite losing everything. They were a great bunch of people. I'm glad to be home again especially since I had to drink bad coffee the entire time I was there. Remember.....don't take anything for granted in life.
              Thanks for sharing your story and for helping out in a Time of Great suffering.Iam not able to go in person such as you,but donated Money &Items everything helps and Welcome Home!

Comment

JavaKing..
                Great job.

i went down as part of the NYPD deployment. we spent 12 days in the areas of Harahan, Jefferson Parish, Westwego, St Bernards, and New Orleans, French Quarter/Treme area. everyone i met from Law Enforcemant community were aces! Military too. worked a few calls with the 82nd Airborne Division.

great experience, and great feeling to have been involved and helped.

rob
                ===============================
                Fire burns, and when it rains you get wet.
                Stuff happens.

Comment

My Sweet King!

Welcome Back! Missed you!

You have a heart a gold Java, and I feel lucky knowing you. Thank you for all that you did, for the people that can't do it alone.
                  When I'll be the girl that you love, you'll be the boy that I hate...

Comment

Java King. Thank you for your service. Good to see you back, most importantly safe.

You are right. You can read about it and hear about it but you won't know the depth of the pain until you see it or it happens to you.

My heart aches for the victims of Katrina but thankfully, people like you exist in this world who help out in time of need like this.

Bless your heart.

Comment

Thanks everyone!!
                      Trust me, I was just one of many people who went down to help. There were so many people from all over that I ran into & met that were just great people to work with.
                      An example of some of the nicest people in the U.S. that I personally met were from:
                      Chicago fire & Chicago Police (and all the Illinois people)
                      New York Fire and Police
                      New Jersey area Police (I don't remember exactly what part of Jersey)
                      U.S. Forestry Police
                      Wildland firefighting crews from various states out West
                      Ambulance workers from the New York area
                      Military personnel from California & a few other areas (God bless our armed forces!!)
                      And of course let's not forget the great men & women from New Orleans fire, police, & EMS!!!
                      Last edited by Java King; 10-08-2005, 11:13 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4445 users online. 239 members and 4206 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X