300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runaway cops?

I heard that the 200 something police officers that were said to have abandoned their jobs actually didn't. Didn't exist, I mean. I believe Tony Snow (radio show host) reported that the 200 officers that went AWOL were "phantom" officers that were on the payroll so the NOPD could have a little extra dough. That would explain why the Chief resigned so quickly.

Was that on todays show? Wow, that would be a pretty big mess if it proves to be true. I would still have to believe that many officers didn't show as they were trying to get their families out, maybe not as many as previously stated, but some.

Wow. I'm stumped. I was really wondering why the "top cop" in NO fled the scene..... I mean retired so quickly. HMMMMMM I guess we'll just have to see.

Comment

How is that spelled in your neck o' the woods?

In mine it is F-R-A-U-D, along with M-A-L-F-E-A-S-A-N-C-E... if true.
      Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
      --------------------------------------------------
      Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
      Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

this would be very good reason for his sudden departure but I don't know it has an air of unbelievability to it. guess we'll have to wait and see

Comment

Originally posted by Creeker
          How is that spelled in your neck o' the woods?

In mine it is F-R-A-U-D, along with M-A-L-F-E-A-S-A-N-C-E... if true.
          I think down there it's business as usual, if most of the corruption reports over the years are true.
          "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement. The news also reported mass murders and rapes at the super dome and we've now come to learn they were just rumors. We'll just have to wait and see.

Comment

What would you guys do if you had no communications infrastructure, no organization and very little in the way of supplies?

Comment

Originally posted by ctt
                What would you guys do if you had no communications infrastructure, no organization and very little in the way of supplies?
                The answer to that wouldn't be to falsify employee rosters.

Think about it. Your a Cop in a town that is under the impression it has 200 more Cops on the street than it really does. Ultimately that interprets into your expected backup may have to come from the "Phantom Division", since either City Council was fooled into believing they were safer than they truly were or just the civilian population was. Its hard to form a Riot Squad with people who aren't really people, just numbers on a Roster.

If this really happened, and their crime stats are accurate, I don't really wonder at the reason for their Homicide rate being so high.
                Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?

Comment

Think about it. Your a Cop in a town that is under the impression it has 200 more Cops on the street than it really does. Ultimately that interprets into your expected backup may have to come from the "Phantom Division", since either City Council was fooled into believing they were safer than they truly were or just the civilian population was. Its hard to form a Riot Squad with people who aren't really people, just numbers on a Roster.

If this really happened, and their crime stats are accurate, I don't really wonder at the reason for their Homicide rate being so high.

But we do not know that they falsified records, at this time it is really an assumption.

Comment

What part of "if true" or "if this really happened", makes you think that I am accepting this as fact? I am commenting on the post, since I have not heard or seen this anywhere else.

I have too much time on the job to accept news reports as anything near fact... additionally I am in the middle of reading Bernard Goldberg's book "Bias", which I highly recommend to everyone. The subject matter is how biased the popular news media is against balanced reporting in general and anti-Conservative in specific, written by a former CBS news correspondent who realized it and was fired for writing an editorial column on it.

Comment

I'm not suggesting that falsifying records is an appropriate method to deal with a situation like this. My comments were in response to people saying that x number of officers walked. I know I saw at least three officers on television in the days subsequent to the hurricane that walked off the job because they had no support, no supplies and could not communicate with other officers. If you were a law enforcement officer in a town that has no communications infrastructure, meaning you cannot contact anyone for backup, you would have to assume that backup would not come.

Comment

Family.......Job......hmmmmm the answer is.....

I don't know about you folks but if my family was in peril the job is LAST on my list. My flesh and blood and immediate family are first.
                        My department, ANY department gets me when the air is cleared and I have them safe. Period.
                        If the officers who "abandoned" their posts were the phantom officers ok. Those who took care of their families are still heroes....to their spouses and kids.

That's all that matters to me.

Dad, Husband,MPO, FTO, POLICE OFFICER,
                        We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
                        George Orwell (1903 - 1950)
                        ~Esse Quam Vidiri~

Comment

the chief has 2 book deal he is working on and already has agreed to take part in a movie about the NO ordeal... sooo yah

Comment

Yep, they've been padding the rolls for a long time. Just go get the year 2000 NOPD annual - count up the number of officers, see how many are still on the job, and add in all that they've hired since then and subtract the number that have left. I guarentee that they've got no more than 1300 officers at best, and I bet you they count the desk clerks in that count as well.

Comment

So, is the Chief going to get a book deal or jail time??????

Originally posted by formerNOPD
                              Yep, they've been padding the rolls for a long time. Just go get the year 2000 NOPD annual - count up the number of officers, see how many are still on the job, and add in all that they've hired since then and subtract the number that have left. I guarentee that they've got no more than 1300 officers at best, and I bet you they count the desk clerks in that count as well.
                              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4917 users online. 299 members and 4618 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X