300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Letter From A Sheriff's Deputy

I found this on another Website and is Posted for info and discussion.

As an outsider looking in, I find it hard to comprehend that this is happening in the country that is the richest and most powerful in the world, is a nuclear power and is sending people into space and was the first country to land a man on the moon!

Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 15:34:17 -0400

I am a Sheriff's Deputy who is part of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness in the New Orleans MSA.

Mayor Nagin has been speaking furiously about the lack of everything from the State and Federal Government.

Here is some info:

1. There are two States here. Louisiana and the City of New Orleans/Orleans Parish. Always has been and always will be. When a State Law passes, Law Makers ALWAYS write whether Orleans Parish will allow the Law or not.

2. When the MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area) meets for Disaster Planning and Equipment Purchases (6 times a year for the last 15 years), we all agree how we will spend the Federal Money as a team since we are in this together. Orleans DEMANDS they will choose how they will spend their portion.

3. During Communication Infrastructure Planning we ALL (N.O. MSA) purchased Satellite Phones. We all pay several hundred dollars a month as a "Just In Case Measure". Orleans said their Infrastructure was TOP NOTCH and the money would be better spent on Ford F-150 Pickup Trucks. I dunno what they bought, but it wasn't sat phones.

4. The looting, Rape (Newly Wedded European Woman who was raped and beaten as well as MANY others), etc. That is life in New Orleans. Why people find New Orleans a romantic, cherishable place is beyond 90% of all Louisianians. It is Hot, it Stinks, None of us even go into New Orleans without a sidearm and we prefer to leave our women at home. Rape's, thefts, and murder in New Orleans are as common as a High Speed pursuit in California.

5. When we enter New Orleans to issue an arrest warrant, the SCAT (Street Crime Arrest Team) is ALWAYS present. Me and/or other officers have been part of 18 arrests in New Orleans and been shot at 17 times. 11 of those were with AK-47's and 3 of those 11 had two 40-round clips taped together.

6. Even before Mayor Naggin took office the Fed's and State were never allowed to do anything to improve New Orleans. New Orleans ALWAYS wanted the cash to do their own improvements, their way.

7. There was no way in Hell the State was gonna make a move until New Orleans asked for help. There was No way in Hell the Fed's were gonna make a move until the Governor asked for help. That is Law.

8. The people looting and shooting have it better than ever. Those areas are known for people living in crappy homes without electricity. Now they have some flood water in their home. They stole guns, ammo and food. They have never had it so good and don't want to leave.

9. The people whining the loudest about racisim are the same people who always whined about racisim.

10. Jefferson Parish President Aaron Broussard declared martial law Monday Night. Mayor Ray Naggin didn't want to alienate any refugees and allowed all this to happen. We sent officers in to help. As a report of an officer being shot and supplies and boat stolen we BEGGED Mayor Naggin to pass Martial Law. NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!! After 2 days, Our department left New Orleans to die, then Mayor Naggin decided to declare Martial Law.

In our own Parish, we have arrest several refugees. We have recovered stolen Corvettes, Escalades, Mercedes Benz, BMW's, etc. A young black female ran over one of our officers.. She was driving a Nissan with a VIN from an Oldsmobile 88 and a Plate from Alabama registered to a Ford Van. An elderly white man died because our Hospital was unable to fill his Oxygen Bottle. Refugees have stolen an EMS Generator at the Mobile Command Center. Refugees have stolen an Entergy Truck trying to restore power. Most Parishes are out of gas at all stations and most of us cannot drive to work. All gas stations have a 15-20 minute wait for gas. Some stations are selling only 2 gallons per customer. One station raised prices to $5.64 a gallon. The owner refused to lower prices, we promptly hooked him in the cuffs and dumped him in jail. There is tons more.

Mayor Nagin had years and so did his predessessor's to prepare, but they refused and they refused everyone elses help. Now he is *****ing because no one is coming and everything is falling apart.

The media is asking why was the State and Fed's not prepared, New Orleans NEVER allowed us to hold drills. All other Parishes and Baton Rouge have drills just for this. The media is asking why no help is coming for the dead. Their Dead, we are only worried about the living. We are tying the dead to a tree or pushing them aside in an attempt to save the living.

I say, if you want out, we'll get you out. You wanna stay, then stay. I think we should let New Orleans die and REBUILD the National Infrastructure somewhere other than a damn Bowl.

Wow....different perspective huh?
    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

I agree with this
      Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Interesting I say...... Now to play devils advocate... There are 3 sides to every story... N.O.s, the feds and the truth
        THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Bringing It All Home To Dc And Cindy Sheehan's Involvement In The Answer Protest 9-24

I wish I had more time to read the thread. I dont. I have hundreds of pics to edit from my work yesterday starting with the White House honoring the Book Fair Award winners, then to the Book Fair at the National Mall, then to the Ellipse for the ANSWER MARCH, and then tossing in the towel early to unload my digital images and go photograph Bill Picketts all black cowboy rodeo.

To see Cindy Sheehan raised to an iconic status by THOUSANDS of people of all ages, some just wanting to be part of a party or part of anything was hard. I wrote about the woman. I wrote that her husband asked her to leave their home two days before she showed up in Texas. And I have written about the group that supported her as their poster mother against the war- ISM, United for Peace and Justice, and ANSWER international. The streets were packed in a way we have never seen before in DC. Youth were kicking people in their way. Mothers with babies in strollers, I kid you not, were upset they could not breathe. The rally organizers blamed Amtrak suggesting a deliberate power outage in the NY- Boston corridor was the reason more attendees were not there.

WHo was present? This is what you should pay attention to. Aside from Cindy Sheehan, Jesse Jackson, George Galloway, and representatives of katrina- poster evacuees brought to DC for show as to how good the left is to the victims, rescuing them from an administration that failed them. Now, minor observation, those attendees at the rally were not rebuilding NOLA or rescuing people in other parts of America. They were their supporting men and a woman I have photographed in other parts of the world supporting Islams radical left. Yes, the minute I can post the photos to my website (in a few days) you will see George Galloway proudly wearing the Islamic scarf, you will see Jesse Jackson holding hands with his compatriots, and you will see, as she is now called "Mother Sheehan."

What you will hear reported back from march organizers is what I heard yesterday- how the cops prevented them from their March, how the cops failed to plan the March- you will not hear about how DC cops worked their tails off to make the city's worst ever organized march a success. And nor will you hear of the politics within the politics that make a Katrina the travesty it became as this officer says so well- personal agendas failed people- the battle for who wants to be class president as we exprienced in high school. And you will not hear about the solidification of Katrina's people into now a US culture of professional victims.... at the cost of officers lives. Each one that chose to stay behind, not only threatened their own life but the life of the officer who was there to try to save them.

Amazing isnt it......

Note: George Galloway is targeting FOPs nationally to join in with ANSWER, the ISM and USPJ. When you look at my photo, look beyond his rhetoric and ask yourself if this man represents who you are or who you care to socialize with.....

Comment

All gas stations have a 15-20 minute wait for gas. Some stations are selling only 2 gallons per customer. One station raised prices to $5.64 a gallon. The owner refused to lower prices, we promptly hooked him in the cuffs and dumped him in jail. There is tons more.

I have a real problem with this. If there was a gas shortage then the price for gas would rise in relation to the demand. (Supply and demand economics 101) The owner was arrested on what charge? In a situation such as was experienced in Katrina the emergency responders should have posted guards at the station and only allowed emergency vehicles to refuel. The owner should later be paid for the gas and/or other supplies that were used by the responders. It is reasons like this that Martial Law should have been declared. The only problem with declaring ML is that most of the public wouldn't know what it meant anyway. Thank God our public schools are teaching our kids to be sensitive to gays, muslims, and any other minority group instead of basic civics and government. I know some of you are going to read this and get crazy, but damn that is a scary thought of being arrested b/c the authorities didn't like your prices for your goods you are bringing to the market. aka communism

And yes posting guards at gas stations during shortages works. Only emergency vehicles were allowed to refuel once the fuel levels at our local stations reached a certain level.

Comment

[QUOTE=JohnKelly]I found this on another Website and is Posted for info and discussion.

As an outsider looking in, I find it hard to comprehend that this is happening in the country that is the richest and most powerful in the world, is a nuclear power and is sending people into space and was the first country to land a man on the moon!

I have heard this in the media about other countries being amazed at this issue. However, we are human and like all humans on this planet, we make mistakes and screw up. Part of the reason we tend to be a powerful country is that when we make mistakes, we often learn from them and make improvements. Sometimes we don't. There are good and bad people all over the world and when you cram them all into a tramatic situation some excel and others resort to animal behavior. Its nature.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mem]
                Originally posted by JohnKelly
                I found this on another Website and is Posted for info and discussion.

I have heard this in the media about other countries being amazed at this issue. However, we are human and like all humans on this planet, we make mistakes and screw up. Part of the reason we tend to be a powerful country is that when we make mistakes, we often learn from them and make improvements. Sometimes we don't. There are good and bad people all over the world and when you cram them all into a tramatic situation some excel and others resort to animal behavior. Its nature.
                Whats it like in Tornado Alley in your Area when F-4 and F-5 come to visit.How do the citizens react to all that destruction!

Comment

Amen, carriedevorah! Are you a reporter too, or just a photojournalist?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5899 users online. 317 members and 5582 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X