Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rita

she is a 5 now but doubt she will be at landfall--- more like a 3

I talked to my lil' sis this morning in Houston and she said she wasn't evacuating and then got a call from Tender Lumpling at 3pm saying she was comming up to Dallas to stay with us. It should be a pretty hard hit but I'd imagine TX has a better handle on it than LA did.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

actually they are reporting that it will make land at a catg. 4, plus its supposed to hammer central tx and okla with massive rains and lots of twisters.

Comment

let's see if the feds and local goverment officials
        can get this situation going with good press instead
        of a cluster...
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
          of a cluster...
          doubt it, i just saw an interview with the mayor of galveston,,and just like the gov. of louis. she acted like she didnt need the feds, we are taking care of our own....good lord. ???????????????

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop
            of a cluster...
            Press....and more Press

Been here at Homestead AFB for three days. nothing but press.

They sent a convoy of National Guard and relief trucks to the Keys today. Lined them all up in a row so they could parade for the press as they left

When they got to the NAS down in Key West..... lined them all up again for more perfect pictures. Then sent them back to Homestead without even opening the first trailer

If you knew how much money was being spent on pretty pictures for the press, you would puke

I came down here to help with hurricane relief. Not play picture perfect with tax dollars

Done with rant
            Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DUI_eliminator
              I can see it now, Texas getting a faster response with help and folks saying its because its GW Bush's home state.
              You bet. Whatever crap people can come up they'll use it, no doubt.
              It does seem they have a pretty good evacuation plan underway though.

Comment

I can see it now, Texas getting a faster response with help and folks saying its because its GW Bush's home state.
                I thought the same exact thing today.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
                and I'm not sure about the former.
                -Albert Einstein

sigpic

Comment

If may be his home state but that dont meent $hit, he has his head so far up his @$$ its not even funny., I am in the metroplex and they are saying up to 25 in of rain, and I dont know about yall, but withthat much rain so quickly, i think my house will float away, and its not no mobile home either, good luck for all yall, i know I aill be busy for a couple of weeks
                  Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

Oh brother, and will it ever! I can't wait to see what these morons have to say. I need a good laugh

Comment

I am just getting ready for more company.......Lord help me.....

Comment

I may get blasted for making this comment,Iam hoping Rita makes a turn straight north,away from Texas and take out NO even if it means viloent winds in my area,which could happen,We all will get nailed at the gas pumps if this storm stays on course for Texas,The weather service is predicting this storm too stall out over central Ark and bring 2 feet of rain, which the area is in a severe drought.I don't want to pay$5 for a gallon of gas,Styx,TxLady,Tk0727 stay safe and any other o.com member in TX & LA our prayers are with you!

Comment

This just really blows. My moving company is dropping off the truck on saturday, my wife is going to kill me having to unload that thing in the storm!!
                          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I work at the FRB Mpls. Busy week. Getting info that FRB Dallas is taking calls for FRB Houston. Guess they are evacuating now.

Life begins at 40...

Comment

My aunt and uncle left town at 5 a.m. from North Houston. They are just now crawling into the neighboring town which is about 15 minutes or so away. They may have been safer boarding up the windows with lots of food and water...I would hate to be in my car when a hurricane hits. Damn.

My brother and several of my cousins are doing the manly thing and "taking care of their houses." I am pretty upset about that. I have an aunt and uncle who swear they are safer in their home instead of on the road. at this point they have a point....but still.

**** **** **** ****...I cant stand this anymore.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6183 users online. 355 members and 5828 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X