300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Prisoners Donate to Hurricane Relief

Ok I thought this was pretty cool....So I thought it should be posted.....Wonder if the inmates use this as an excuse to get CCS....lmmo

www.wdtn.com
    Updated 9/7/2005 at 21:25:39
    An unusual fund drive is going on right now in the Clark County jail. Two deputies and inmates devised a plan for men in jail to send money to people who lost everything in hurricane Katrina.

Deputies John Loney and Bradley Barnhart came up with the plan to let inmates donate from their commissary funds. It's the money they can use to buy personal hygiene items and snacks.

And the inmates are embracing it. As of Thursday afternoon the inmates had raised $358 dollars.

At the end of the week the deputies and sheriff's office staff are pledging to match or double the inmate's contribution.
    THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

That's a nice idea.

Really contrasts with the interview I watched on Fox where a "displaced" (P.C. for "refugee") told the interviewer "Just gives us what the F _ _ _ we deserve." There was a second or two where nobody said a word.

Comment

That's because we live in a county where people think the are owed or deserve things for just living here, dispute the fact that they never contributed a thing to the country.

Comment

Great I guess the tax payers will break even...........

TGY
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5168 users online. 317 members and 4851 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X