Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavish tastes of card-carrying lowlifes

Lavish tastes of card-carrying lowlifes

Profiteering ghouls have been using debit cards distributed in the wake of Hurricane Katrina - intended to buy essentials for evacuated families - in luxury-goods stores as far away as Atlanta.

"We've seen three of the cards," said a senior employee of the Louis Vuitton store at the Lenox Square Mall in affluent Buckhead, who asked not to be named. "Two I'm certain have purchased; one actually asked if she could use it in the store. This has been since Saturday."

The distinctive white cards were distributed by the Red Cross and the Federal Emergency Management Agency and carry a value of up to $2,000.

"It doesn't say anything on the card other than alcohol, tobacco and firearms cannot be purchased with it," the store employee told me. "There's nothing legally that prevents us from taking it, unfortunately. Other than morally, it's wrong."

The source told me that the two women who had made purchases with the card each bought a signature monogrammed Louis Vuitton handbag in the $800 range.

"They didn't look destitute by any stretch. You would never have said, 'They must be one of the evacuees.'
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

They need to find people like that and find some sort of fraud statute to cover that crap!
    God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Another teacher at this school is froN.O.,they found her mother and stepfather dead on Saturday.She's obviously devastated.I lost my parents 9 weeks apart and had no desire to get out of bed at the time,so I understand her grief.I hope some of you will join me in sending a good thought in her direction.

Comment

How are they keeping track of those cards....could you just stand in line and get one without any proof that you needed it?

My family is already getting their FEMA checks, but they know that once insurance comes through , they have to pay it back...its a loan of sorts. But there is record of them getting a check...any record of who gets a debit card?

Comment

yes, they are tracking the cards, but i heard yesterday that they are discontinuing the cards, and are going to direct deposits in the evacuees bank accounts.

Comment

another *** up by FEMA. those cards were a big mistake. GWB picked a prize winner in that brown guy. thank god brown quit the other day. maybe god does answer prayers. LOL.
            "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
            William Shatner

Comment

Great, so now the, relatively few, who would abuse them can buy alcohol and drugs. Great idea Fed, freaking brilliant You'd think they'd put them to work instead. Kind of like a modern day WPA where they could rebuild the city and earn the money.

Originally posted by gotthblues
              yes, they are tracking the cards, but i heard yesterday that they are discontinuing the cards, and are going to direct deposits in the evacuees bank accounts.
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Great! Now they can waste the money on useless junk and nobody will ever know... what a solution.
                God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

malt liquor sales are thru the roof !!!!!!!!.......

www.schackdaddy.com
                  " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                  " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by Bart
                    another *** up by FEMA. those cards were a big mistake. GWB picked a prize winner in that brown guy. thank god brown quit the other day. maybe god does answer prayers. LOL.
                    Hows my favorite heathen today??? Missed ya......(sorry if that insulted you....didnt mean to...just picking on ya)!

Those cards were a mistake..a desperate act!

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                      Great, so now the, relatively few, who would abuse them can buy alcohol and drugs. Great idea Fed, freaking brilliant You'd think they'd put them to work instead. Kind of like a modern day WPA where they could rebuild the city and earn the money.
                      pretty much the case,,
                      i saw on the news today where they had set up mobil emplyement offices,, great idea,,however, i also noticed that there was only a dozen or so people applying for jobs, and there was like 20 helpers just standing around, kudos to those looking for jobs, but where was the other 400k plus misplaced individuals???????

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
                        Hows my favorite heathen today??? Missed ya......(sorry if that insulted you....didnt mean to...just picking on ya)!
                        ive been alright. just a few hiccups the past couple of months but no big deal.

Those cards were a mistake..a desperate act!
                        hell ya they were. most of those refugees barely ever held 200 dollars at one time before, let alone 2000. they think they won the lottery with that damn card. of course theyre going to spend the money on foolish crap.
                        "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                        William Shatner

Comment

Hope the hiccups werent that bad....

2000 dollars is a lot of money to waste.....it will go fast. I feel sorry for all the poor babies who arent getting fed properly or getting clean clothes and diapers because of their parents foolishness. I know there are some people who are using it for some good, but not all.

Comment

This shows how big of a garbage these people are. They're bitchin and moaning about not getting help on time, and other nonsense, now you help them and feed them and they slapped you back in the face.

And yes, I feel for those in need, and I especially feel for the taxpayers(you and me) who's paying for their stupidity.
                            "Don't be an Idiot - Use your common sense!" - Freakapino

Comment

A coworker of mine came up with an excellent solution. Give them vouchers for Target and Wal-Mart. From there, they are limited to food, clothing, and other necessities.

Give them hotel vouchers for lodging.

There would still be abuse but not near as much.
                              Sign here. Press hard. You are making five copies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3881 users online. 256 members and 3625 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X