300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU and Fix It

Fact - Half of the Gulf Coast is trashed, people are in need of help.
    Fact - The government did not create the storm.
    Fact - There needs to be a better system in place to help coordinate responses to large scale disasters.
    Fact - Race has nothing to do with the disaster, **** poor planning and coordination does.

Now is the time for everyone to figure out a way to work together and help those who need and want help.

Now is not the time to waste energy blaming other people for what has happened.

Now is not the time to waste government resources forming commitees to investigate why things didn't happen the way we would have liked to see them happen.

Now is the time for Hillary Clinton and everyone else to STFU about whose fault everything is and work on a way to fix the problem and get help to those who need and want it.

My proposal and I'm just a dumb cop...

1) Establish a central base of operations and figure out who is in charge.
    2) Establish an ordered method of getting word to the people who are still in areas that need to be evacuated.
    3) Establish a method in which those who wish to be evacuated can make their locations known to rescuers.
    4) Establish a search grid for rescue operations.
    5) Send the rescuers into the field in an orderly manner with defined areas of responsibility.
    6) Shoot anyone who hinders rescue or repair work.
    7) Leave anyone who refuses to be evacuated stay, no sense in wasting time or resources with those who want to die.
    8) Once you have evacuated the living who wish to be saved go back and look for those who may still be alive but were injured or unable to signal their location.
    9) Once the searches are complete start cleaning up.

I don't know, it seems pretty simple to me. The problem right now is that everyone is so engrossed with shifting blame and trying to be in charge that nothing is operating in an orderly manner. After the people are safely evacuated and the clean up begins go back and look at why things went to hell and what we can do to make them work smoother in the future. Can you imagine how much better we could be if we used half of the energy that we waste in trying to figure out who to blame and put that energy and resources towards solutions and improvements.

Sorry if this makes sense I'm just sick of all the crap. Hell, my department had like 50 people volunteer to go and we haven't heard word one yet, but then again with the clusterfuc& of command and control down there I really don't know if I want to.
    "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Here is the problem with your proposal. It is full of Common Sense! You are talking about the Department of Homeland Security here, it is the largest bureaucratic red tape laden cluster F*** ever created. Well intentioned as it may have been, in reality it has completely hamstrung our ability to swiftly and effectively deal with anything. Have you been following the stories about other countries trying to help? There are fully loaded cargo planes sitting on runways all over the world
    In Valor there is Hope
    --Tactitus--

Comment

fix it

I read the article yesterday about the Texas SWAT guys who answered the call and loaded up a few vehicles with supplies for the N.O. cops. They were stopped in Baton Rouge and told to deliver all their supplies to a warehouse there and leave it for future distribution. They rightly said F.U. and continued on to N.O., where they suited up, locked and loaded and entered the hot zone. Now, those guys had the right idea and put the supplies where it was needed. Much easier if you cut through the red tape with an M-4.....
      Jerry
      "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Good for them!

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
        I read the article yesterday about the Texas SWAT guys who answered the call and loaded up a few vehicles with supplies for the N.O. cops. They were stopped in Baton Rouge and told to deliver all their supplies to a warehouse there and leave it for future distribution. They rightly said F.U. and continued on to N.O., where they suited up, locked and loaded and entered the hot zone. Now, those guys had the right idea and put the supplies where it was needed. Much easier if you cut through the red tape with an M-4.....
        I'm glad to hear that they pressed on. My agency donated a couple of dozen ballistic vests and some other "comfort" gear (wet weather gear, etc...), which went out yesterday. I certainly hope that equipment makes it to it's intended recipients.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Hopefully it does but the way LA has been handling things it will probably go in some wherehouse.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4745 users online. 277 members and 4468 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X