300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st encounter with refugee's

At a San Antonio Missions baseball game tonight I noticed there were more young black folks there than usual. The normal crowd is comprised of half Mexican and half white with a few black folks sprinkled here and there. I put 2 and 2 together when I noticed all of them had similar armbands on. They were people seeking refuge from N'Orleans in the abandoned Levi Strauss building close by. Apparently they had been given free admission to the game and food vouchers. I thought that was a wonderful gesture for our local BBall team to make. How were they thanked? I saw one young man empty his pockets of ticket stubs and used voucher receipts on the ground after leaving the stadium. I'm sure his actions don't represent all of those folks, but I thought it was pretty shi**y of the terd (pun intended) to do something like that.

rant over

Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

You can take the turd out of the project but you can't take the project outta the turd...

We should be enjoying the company of some of the Big Easy's finest citizens soon. Seems that they are going to deposit 600 of them into our already overcrowded government housing. Oh, I can't wait to see how many shootings we have when the turf wars begin. I'm all for helping the truely needy, but mixing out of town thugs with our own territorial thugs is gonna be a nightmare.

As far as the ballgame incident above, I'm sure that the guy figured some government employee would clean up behind him, if he gave it that much thought.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

We're working security at the Kelly USA evac camp. These people have been given free everything, and alot of them still want to bitch and complain about insignificant things. I just want to smack the **** out of some of these ungrateful pukes.

I guess it's all about tact and diplomacy.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Well you can't polish turds
        si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

if the refugee's wind up staying, expect dodge city shoot outs for the drug trade, get the squatters in there and their gold teefus, and gold jury...
          watch the body count go up after about a year.
          " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
          " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

What a shame......

Beano....hate to tell you this, but.....S.A.P.D. is going to be mighty busy with the new criminal element that has found shelter in your fine city. Are they prepared? I dont think Austin P.D. is.......

Comment

I don't think anyone was prepared for this. The projects are going to have to be demolished and rebuilt. Most of these people are here to stay.

Comment

Opposite behavior

My bride and I went to a local HS football game last night, and guess who was there. Yup, you guessed it, more refugees. Only a couple that I noticed and very well behaved from what I observed. Totally different end of the spectrum from Friday night.

Comment

Ok, I guess you want Wiggins and Carcop to give you that secret handshake.........................?
                  MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

Originally posted by AMG
                    Ok, I guess you want Wiggins and Carcop to give you that secret handshake.........................?
                    What the heck is that supposed to mean?!?
                    God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

All up in my Kool-Aid,,don't know the flavor

Originally posted by AMG
                      I'm not quite sure what you mean by this AMG....but for further reference, I'm still waiting for you to prove the situation in N'Orleans was made worse because of race.

Oh, and I'm also waiting for Kanye to return my email granting me permission to use the word Brother.,,,just in case you're wondering.

Last edited by beano00; 09-13-2005, 10:21 PM. Reason: Adding flavor to the Kool-Aid

Comment

Originally posted by AMG
                        First of all it's Wiggum not Wiggins. If your going to call me a racist at least get my name right.

I had my first encounter with a N.O. refugee. Up in the hood picking up a prostitute. Funny thing was after scaring off the crack whore I talked with him for a while and he actually seemed like an OK guy. He told us the real deal about the Astrodome. Shooting, rapes, robberies, etc....
                        Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
                          First of all it's Wiggum not Wiggins. If your going to call me a racist at least get my name right.

I had my first encounter with a N.O. refugee. Up in the hood picking up a prostitute. Funny thing was after scaring off the crack whore I talked with him for a while and he actually seemed like an OK guy. He told us the real deal about the Astrodome. Shooting, rapes, robberies, etc....
                          Superdome...not Astrodome.....big difference.

Comment

Beeno

Why didnt you go over and talk some sense into those guys. Hmmmmmmmm you can come in the forum and complain about them, but when you have an opportunity to try and talk some sense into some heads of maybe one or two people. Instead you just sat and look. But you are quick come on the forum and complain about them. Get some courage!

Race didnt play a factor in the rescue efforts........ignorance did!
                            MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

Originally posted by AMG
                              Beeno

Why didnt you go over and talk some sense into those guys. Hmmmmmmmm you can come in the forum and complain about them, but when you have an opportunity to try and talk some sense into some heads of maybe one or two people. Instead you just sat and look. But you are quick come on the forum and complain about them. Get some courage!

Race didnt play a factor in the rescue efforts........ignorance did!
                              I guess I'll be seeing AMG in Mississippi next week when I deploy there. He'll be the one dispensing his brand of "Warrior Wisdom" to the evacuees and I'm sure he'll be swinging a hammer to get the roofs back on.
                              Jerry
                              "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2750 users online. 135 members and 2615 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X