X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mexican Aid

nice little tidbit about our neighbors

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/arti...00010000000001
    stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

OK I just couldn't resist:

on the humorous side: I heard Mexico was sending people to help but they would need to be picked up along the southern border.

On the serious side:
    It really is good to see other countries actually coming to help us for a change. Some are giving what they can and others just are making nice. But, no matter, the folks that need the help will take anyhting and it's good to see the help.

Comment

Any word if they'll be returning all of our hub caps....?
      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
        Any word if they'll be returning all of our hub caps....?
        Wow...thats pretty bad, Brick.
        Sorry...I am just so tired from lack of sleep, being hostess to 3 extra adults and 5 extra children in my house.
        Come to think of it; your joke was actually kind of funny, but it does not feel good to laugh.

Comment

If you thought that was bad I was gonna make a crack on how they were going to bottle the NO water to ship it back to Mexico.
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

A convoy? They usually only need two pickups to transport that many people.
            The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Does anybody really take this token stuff seriously. I guess these countries think that these gestures will somehow be seen as payback for all that they have and currently take from us. How about sending some barrels of oil as payment for all the American hospitals that it's citizens have shut down. Not just picking on Mexico, Europe and Japans response has been pathetic, after all that has been done for those people.
              The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Tony,
                I think we both know that this will be used as a bargaining chip in the future. I appreciate the help, don't get me wrong, but in the same breathe, I'm a bit apprehensive. Just wish it didn't have strings.

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o
                  Does anybody really take this token stuff seriously. I guess these countries think that these gestures will somehow be seen as payback for all that they have and currently take from us. How about sending some barrels of oil as payment for all the American hospitals that it's citizens have shut down. Not just picking on Mexico, Europe and Japans response has been pathetic, after all that has been done for those people.
                  But there are other countries that are doing nothing at all. Personally, I say be gracious and be thankful for what we get.

USA Today had a table of the contributions from various nations. The United Arab Emirates and Qatar each gave $100 million in cash. Either one of those donations is more than what the other countries contributed combined. I visted the UAE a few months back. They are very American-friendly. They also appear to have more money than anyone I can think of.
                  Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by BrickCop
                    If you thought that was bad I was gonna make a crack on how they were going to bottle the NO water to ship it back to Mexico.
                    Actually, thats pretty funny....

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o

Actually, Kuwait is sending $500 million in oil products, so that might be nice.
                      Jerry
                      "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by CarCop
                        Tony,
                        I think we both know that this will be used as a bargaining chip in the future. I appreciate the help, don't get me wrong, but in the same breathe, I'm a bit apprehensive. Just wish it didn't have strings.
                        don't get too high on the horse, american governments have sat down at that table many many times.
                        stay safe and always remember to look up!!

"You've been talking to yourself in the mirror again haven't you ?

chat room

Comment

Some people are unbelieveable. If every nation contributed absolutely nothing they would cry about it. If every nation contributes something they still cry about it. Every country including America will act in it's best interest. Hence there will always be some sort of string attached.

Comment

aid

Don't think for a minute that we don't attach conditions when we give aid and support. We just hardly ever collect on it.
                            Jerry
                            "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                              Don't think for a minute that we don't attach conditions when we give aid and support. We just hardly ever collect on it.
                              Agreed.

But this is one of those times to collect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3819 users online. 243 members and 3576 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X