X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninjagirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Da Po-po
    Actually, I think it's all a bunch of hoo-ee, so take off your shoes and go for a swim!

The refineries and plants are also leaking contaminants into the water. I heard on cnn that a COP waded through and got 3rd degree burns from the toxic chemical water....I told my FLEO...no gear, no wading!

Leave a comment:

• Ninjagirl
    replied
    Originally posted by CarCop
    After watching the footage of that water going in the lake I was wondering the same thing. Is there some way to cut that lake off from the ocean? Or does it just flow freely into the delta? Man what a mess! Everything in that lake is sure to die. I for one will refrain from swimming in the gulf region for a long while.

Local Floridians never swam in the gulf anyway, it is known to be a sesspool lol

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by Praetorian
    It doesn't matter really. Lake Ponchatrain has been polluted for years from having crap pumped into it. Then they spend millions of dollars to clean it up, just to pump more crap into it next hurricane. What can I say....we have a stupid administration.
    is that wear the sewer waste goes, or just stuff from flooding due to weather.

Leave a comment:

• Praetorian
    replied
    It doesn't matter really. Lake Ponchatrain has been polluted for years from having crap pumped into it. Then they spend millions of dollars to clean it up, just to pump more crap into it next hurricane. What can I say....we have a stupid administration.

Leave a comment:

• Creeker
    replied
    They had a woman from the CDC on the news this morning. She said the contaminants from the streets would be diluted sufficiently to not be a disease threat when put into larger bodies of water.

There is all types of bacteria on your skin right now, either just not concentrated enough to do any damage or unable to gain entry. The again, there are plenty of good bacteria around, too. That's why they say you should not use too much anti-bacterial soap.

As for mother nature, she cleans herself up pretty well. I understand that the damage that was done at the Valdez oil spill was done more from the steam cleaning of the beaches and rocks than by the oil, as is supposed to be evidenced by areas which were not steam cleaned.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by BrickCop
    Oh no, some man eating alligators may get sick?! Perish the thought!
    but no only will they be purple and pink, but they'll be like 50 ft long mutants that eat cars and stuff. plus whats gonna happen to the cajuns that eat them,
    but seriously, think about all the wildlife down there in the glades,,man, there will be some funky looking critters out of all this.

Leave a comment:

• BrickCop
    replied
    Originally posted by gotthblues
    no kidding, we're gonna have three eyed pink and purple alligators.

Oh no, some man eating alligators may get sick?! Perish the thought!

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Really? I want one, me first, me first!!!
    okay, you can,,he'd fit right in out there in california,,,

Leave a comment:

• CarCop
    replied
    Originally posted by gotthblues

Really? I want one, me first, me first!!!

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by Da Po-po
    Actually, I think it's all a bunch of hoo-ee, so take off your shoes and go for a swim!
    you first bubba, i'll stand by with the bleach and wait for ya.

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    After watching the footage of that water going in the lake I was wondering the same thing. Is there some way to cut that lake off from the ocean? Or does it just flow freely into the delta? Man what a mess! Everything in that lake is sure to die. I for one will refrain from swimming in the gulf region for a long while.

Leave a comment:

• Da Po-po
    replied
    Last I heard, the water is to be pumped into Lake Pontchartrain. My understanding is the Corps of Engineers basically said either dirty water goes into the lake or it stays in the city, pick one. The lake wasn't exactly a pristine body of water to start with, so I think the environmental impact will be less than if the water went into a more typical watershed. I also speculate the EPA will also try to keep the pollution contained and clean it up at some point as well. The biggest problem is from organic pollution & bacteria. That should take care of itself over time even if we didn't try to do anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• CarCop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gotthblues
    replied
    Originally posted by SW4747
    Put it in a glass and give it to Kayne West to drink.
    , good one,,what about jesse, shouldnt he get a glass?
    i like the way you think though.

Leave a comment:

• SW4747
    replied
    Put it in a glass and give it to Kayne West to drink.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4458 users online. 290 members and 4168 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X