300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bout' dang time *abc news*

ABC news is bustin the heck out of govner and NO mayor. they got hold of the N.O. emergency plans,, * will EVACUTAE people that cannot evacuate themselves, and so on. however, the mayor ONLY told them to go the superdome or conveintion center, but nothing about evacuating the poor like the plan says HE WILL. ,, without food or security there waiting for them * he's bout to have a bad day *

and the govnr. only asked for food, nothiing else,

well, looks like crap is about to start rolling the right way.

Sounds interesting. How'd ABC get a hold of such items?

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
      dont know, but they had the papers plastered across the screen

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
        ABC news is bustin the heck out of govner and NO mayor. they got hold of the N.O. emergency plans,, * will EVACUTAE people that cannot evacuate themselves, and so on. however, the mayor ONLY told them to go the superdome or conveintion center, but nothing about evacuating the poor like the plan says HE WILL. ,, without food or security there waiting for them * he's bout to have a bad day *

and the govnr. only asked for food, nothiing else,

well, looks like crap is about to start rolling the right way.
        there's enough blame to go around. my friend works for the electric company down here. he told me that when they found out a storm was getting ready to hit the gulf, his company sent a fleet of trucks to a staging area in the panhandle so that when the storm passed, they would be in the area in no time flat.

the question is why couldnt FEMA organize in the same fashion? why is it that news trucks can stage themselves outside the area and move in quickly yet FEMA couldnt get relief trucks to the area even faster? sounds like alot of people dropped the ball in this situation.
        "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
        William Shatner

Comment

Originally posted by Bart
          there's enough blame to go around. my friend works for the electric company down here. he told me that when they found out a storm was getting ready to hit the gulf, his company sent a fleet of trucks to a staging area in the panhandle so that when the storm passed, they would be in the area in no time flat.

the question is why couldnt FEMA organize in the same fashion? why is it that news trucks can stage themselves outside the area and move in quickly yet FEMA couldnt get relief trucks to the area even faster? sounds like alot of people dropped the ball in this situation.
          true,, very true,,, same here, oge went to west texas to wait for the storm to pass.
          there is a lot of blame to go around, plenty, but i think that putting all of it on the pres. is wrong. there are things i didnt know bout till now. i didnt know that the gov of a state has to ask the feds for help first, but i do agree with someone here on another thread, the director of fema looked like he was in shell shock. as for the news, dont know, but i do know that if you are going to mobilize and help, you have to get organized first *as far as the military goes*,,

Comment

but this is all mainly for the mayor of new orleans, dont get me wrong he has every right to be flabber gasted, but he was so quick to yell and cuss and show his *** on the radio, yet, he soley is responsible for the citizens in new orleans and he has yet to see that, the emergency plan for the city states " the city WILL make araingments for the poor and sick to GET OUT of the city, yet, he gave no help what so ever, his response to this question was *which i saw on tv* was, "well we got 70% out, i told them on the tv to leave, " well, good for you, you jerk off, what about the other 30% that you left behind that are now dying, HE didnt follow the guidelines set up by his city, no mass transit for the poor and sick to get out, he only told them to go to the super dome, and there was no food, medicine, or security there, HE DROPPED THE BIGGEST BALL. but he wants to blame others.

Comment

Thats because since 9/11 the federal government shifted FEMA's focus from natural disaters response to terrorist attack response. There is a report dated in July that expressed concern that since FEMA was rolled up into the Homeland Security Department, they are no longer equipped to respond to large scale national disasters.

The Department of Homeland Security has been nothing but a big mess since its inception.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyCop
                Thats because since 9/11 the federal government shifted FEMA's focus from natural disaters response to terrorist attack response. There is a report dated in July that expressed concern that since FEMA was rolled up into the Homeland Security Department, they are no longer equipped to respond to large scale national disasters.

The Department of Homeland Security has been nothing but a big mess since its inception.
                i heard that too.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyCop

but, i bet if a terrorist bombed the NO levys, FEMA would still be caught sitting on its hands - or at least with its hands tied behind its back, however you want to look at it. lets face it, FEMA isn't prepared to face ANY kind of large scale disaster.
                  Veritas & Aequitas

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                    there is a lot of blame to go around, plenty, but i think that putting all of it on the pres. is wrong.
                    the only place where i see bush doing wrong is putting that idiot in charge of FEMA. he has no experience in handling large scale disasters. from what i read, his previous job was director of a horse breeding association.

there are things i didnt know bout till now. i didnt know that the gov of a state has to ask the feds for help first, but i do agree with someone here on another thread, the director of fema looked like he was in shell shock. as for the news, dont know, but i do know that if you are going to mobilize and help, you have to get organized first *as far as the military goes*,,
                    even if its up to the governor request assistance first, FEMA shouldve known that call was coming. just like how the fire department knows that when a building is on fire, that 911 call is damn sure going to be made.
                    "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                    William Shatner

Comment

Hey all, here's some FEMA stuff I found in atricles:

On the guy who Bush booted from the job (old article):
                      http://www.state.ny.us/ governor/ press/ year02/ aug1_02.htm
                      "James Lee Witt has more than 25 years of experience in disaster and crisis management. He served as Director of FEMA from 1993-2001 and was the first FEMA Director to be elevated to the President
                      Last edited by ParadiseBlues; 09-07-2005, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee

It's called Freedom of Information Act
                        Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

the only place where i see bush doing wrong is putting that idiot in charge of FEMA. he has no experience in handling large scale disasters. from what i read, his previous job was director of a horse breeding association.

even if its up to the governor request assistance first, FEMA shouldve known that call was coming. just like how the fire department knows that when a building is on fire, that 911 call is damn sure going to be made.
                          i didnt hear bout that horse thing till it was posted here, but like i said somewhere else on here, i will agree bout the guy incharge of fema,,, he looked shell shocked on tv.
                          as for the call, i agree, but if you have protocal,, then you have to follow it, not saying its right, but thats damn sure the way it is in police work,, i have taken initiative to get things done, and got my *** chewed, even though i was in the right, i didnt follow protocal, but, from what ive heard, *keep in mind its from reporters* but that fema and whatnot contacted the louis. gov. before the cane hit, and she declined their help,, just asked for food and water. sooooo,, but if bozo had spent the money and man power to mobilize earlier and it wasnt needed, his *** would have been in the ringer then too. so what to do??????? *not saying that he isnt a horses *** ( ) *

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3869 users online. 250 members and 3619 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X