300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp Security Positions - Hurricane Katrina

Earlier today I received the below email offering temporary security positions in connection with Hurricane Katrina. I know absolutely nothing about the jobs or the company advertising them. Based on the poor grammar and spelling in the email I'm a little leery. In addition, the terms of employment have a big red flag - no workers compensation benefits, so proceed at your own risk.

L-1

Hurricane Katrina Security Assignments

Please pass this on to operators that may be interested in this
    Project.

PROJECT SPECIFICATION:
    1) Prior Law Enforcement Officer and/or Military experience. Special
    Forces/Ranger/SEAL/Force Recon or MP Prefer.
    2) Must Possess a valid CCW* NO EXCEPTIONS!
    3) Mission will last approximately (4) Weeks or more depending on
    the demand.
    4) Must advice on the closes location of Airport of your locality to
    arrange Airline Travel from your locality to Louisiana.
    5) Must specify the exact name as the one appearing on Drivers
    License*.
    6) Must include Social Security Number*.
    7) Must bring your own "Handgun" Weapon, Caliber 9MM, 44, 41, or 45.
    8) Must have a Weapon Lock-Box for Airport / Homeland Security
    Requirements
    9) Must bring your own Ammunition.
    10) May bring your own Backpack with accessories.
    11) Must obtain Duty Belt, Handcuffs, Flashlight, Hat, Goretex Boots
    & Socks.
    12) Must advise on your ETA availability/ 1st Team or 2nd Team
    Deployment
    13) May bring other personal items respective of Security and Law
    Enforcement
    14) May bring your Security, Investigator or Police Officer Badge
    for Identification.
    15) May bring Armor Vest.
    16) Must bring proper dress code such as Khaki Attire, Blue Jeans
    acceptable
    17) Pay Rate of $75.00 @hr.

AGREEMENT::
    The parties do mutually agree as follows: This is not a permanent
    placement position. No OT, Insurance, workers compensation or
    benefits are applicable. Working environment is uncomfortable, hot
    and humid due to the domestic crisis resulting from Hurricane
    Katrina. Must be adaptable to working in 'Volatile Conditions'. Risk
    Factor is Level 2 (Medium).

PROFILE:
    All Security Personnel will adhere to local and federal regulations
    and SOP-Standart Operating Procedures. This is an Emergency
    situation and no measurements of immunity. In the event of
    unfortunate circumstances (Injury of loss of life) the Client
    will 'NOT' assume Liability deriving from wrongful or accidental
    harm. Any register breach or violations by Security Operatives will
    be construed as immediate termination of assignment. As
    Professionals you must display responsibility, common sense and
    flexibility to follow the Command Post Orders and Duties.

GENERAL DUTIES:
    1) Ensure "Visible Security Enforcement". Must prevent Limited
    vulnerabilities from Theft and Vandalism.
    2) Protect, Detect and Notify of unauthorized intruders to Law
    Enforcement and or Military Personnel. Must effectively Patrol
    designated areas to suppress criminal activity in Facility.
    3) Rules of Engagement Limited to Self-defense only!
    4) Security Operatives Must be able to maintain poise and self-
    control under duress under the eyes of the Public sector.
    5) Thereof, the 'General Duties' are specifications to detect
    perpetrators and Avert LP shrinkage

For now, send emails and resumes to Alex Dunbar

[email protected]
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

I tried to find Alex Dunbar on the internet and came up with this website. Your above mentioned ad is third from the top.

http://psd-eod.typepad.com/

Don't know anything about these people/website.

Anyone know if these people are legit?

Comment

I sent an e-mail to them yesterday, I will see if they contact me.
      The world is yours, it just depends on how you take.

Comment

Well, I'm interested if it is legit. I'd like to hear more. I really don't know why a CCW would matter being that it more than likely wouldn't be good in LA and besides that, you'd be wearing a duty belt and be open carrying anyway. If it is legit then I look forward to working with some of you guys down there.

PK
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Does anyone know of any security agencys that do not require a CCW to go work out there? Valid Firearm permits and Guard cards perhaps? Perhaps would like to go out there, but haven't seen anything that i fall under as far as requirements?

Comment

Lets see...

They get your name, SSN, and DL numbers, phone and address. About the only thing missing is bank or credit card information.

Sounds like a big identity theft scam to me. Especially if they e-mail back requesting bank information so they can "pay" you.
            Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

I do not know how to add this link but I got an email from blackwater.
              they are offering something similar but probably more legitimate.

It sounds like a pretty sweet deal.

www.blackwaterusa.com
              katrina
              Last edited by ptcop531; 09-22-2005, 02:38 PM.
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
              United States Army
              5th Special Forces Group
              Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
              Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
              Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

Anyone know about ATS Tactical's credibility?

I submitted a resume and weirdly enough got offered either a New Orleans job or a Houston one.

Want to find a lil out about them first before I commit.
                sigpic

Comment

What is ATS's web site?
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

There website is ATS Tactical and within the site there is also this ATS Relief for things specific to Katrina... and well now I guess also Rita.

They seem quite legit... but always gotta look out since in this case they are dealing with the lil man and not a military service contract. lol
                    Last edited by ZGXtreme; 09-23-2005, 12:51 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

It looks interesting, Houston would be awsome for me as I could stay with my sister. Post whatever info you can get a hold of like their pay, ect.

Comment

I know of at least 5 outfits that are legit and recruiting for the disaster areas. The biggest difference is the rate of pay. Almost all of them require a 30 commitment, minimum. Some want 30 days on, 2 weeks off and return. Beware of the security companies that have sprung up since the hurricane. Many low bid on contracts, then recruit the bodies that they have already committed. Which means they will take anybody with a pulse. Also, many states CCW permits have reciprocity in La. Of course, cops can carry anywherre now, especially during a disaster. If you work with a local agency, they will deputize you, but other than that, you're on your own. No insurance, overtime or benefits. Many of the biggies are Blackwater, Steele Foundation, Vance All Saints Ltd. and others. Good that you guys are checking backgrounds before committing yourself. All have long track records that can be verified online. Pay has been listed as 250-450 per day, and up to $75.00 per hour.
                        Jerry
                        "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Katrina Security Posting

Hello,
                          The "Katrina Security Assignment" posted on this, Spec OPS Adavantage, Russ Shattles' The Red Zone, and wherever else, WAS NOT POSTED BY ME!
                          Somebody plagerized my name, and has posted this ludicrious offer. I was
                          in Slovakia, then Holland during the time of the hurricane, went to Colorado
                          and then to the Gulf Area, to do a Threat Assessment, and concluded that
                          health risks for the dogs was too great in a fourth world environment, and
                          cancelled any such project there. Since then, I have been bombarded with
                          phone calls (My Phone Number WAS Private!) and OPSEC violated. 99% of the
                          emails were probably dumped as spam as I have a high security firewall. I tried to reply to as many as I could, probably 150 or so. This is not the first time I have had someone try to get business from me without
                          my consent or authorization, and the people that I know of have been terminated from any such future operations with CQB K-9. I would never ask for SSN#, DL#, or to bring loaded ammunition on commercial aircraft! Especially on websites!!!!
                          This was a "headhunting" operation that someone used my name to hope get enough bodies there for their own gain, not mine.
                          I have no use for running a security guard company, people that do, do that well, I do what I do well, operate and train the best dogs in the world.
                          If there has been any harm done, I shall bear full responsibility for this matter.
                          as I am man enough to take it, The person(s) that posted these "Offers"
                          aren't.
                          Alex
                          CQB K-9

Comment

Blackwater is legit. I got a buddy who works for them. They mostly do overseas security contracts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5430 users online. 296 members and 5134 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X