300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the blame? My assessment

Well, after watching a documentary on how the National Hurricane Center reported this hurricane to the government officials I have made come conclusion about who is to blame for all that went on down in the Gulf Coast, and specifically New Orleans:

1st off, the NHC warned the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor that a Category 5 hurricane with wind gusts as high and 200MPH was going to make landfall in New Orleans. The Mayor ordered an evacuation, but did not do anything to ensure that the poor and the people with no transportation could get out. He left hundreds of busses sitting parked, and never reached out to any other municipalities for assistance with the evacuation. So as far as the people that guy stuck in the city, I lay the blame 90% on the Mayor and 10% of the Governor. 0% of the blame lies on the President.

As for the out of control crime. What did they think was going to happen when they stuffed a population with an extremely high crime rate into a small area with no food and no police? For the Superdome debacle, I lay 60% of the blame on the Mayor for not having any type of emergency plan, 30% on the Chief of Police for not having a plan in place to deal with the crime and 10% on the governor. Again 0% of that lands on the President.

As for the lawlessness on the streets of New Orleans, I am going to have to lay just about all of the blame on the Criminals on that one, however if you are going to lay blame on the government, I would say that a lot of it lays on the police and the courts for not locking these guys up long ago so they could not terrorize the streets, but we all know that for every criminal you put in jail, there are 10 to take his place, so it

Who's to blame, hmmm.... maybe the Dumb *** that decided to put a city on land that's below sea level!
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

[QUOTE=SW4747]...........
      1st off, the NHC warned the Mayor of New Orleans and the Governor that a Category 5 hurricane with wind gusts as high and 200MPH was going to make landfall in New Orleans. The Mayor ordered an evacuation, but did not do anything to ensure that the poor and the people with no transportation could get out. He left hundreds of busses sitting parked, and never reached out to any other municipalities for assistance with the evacuation. So as far as the people that guy stuck in the city, I lay the blame 90% on the Mayor and 10% of the Governor. 0% of the blame lies on the President.

As for the out of control crime. What did they think was going to happen when they stuffed a population with an extremely high crime rate into a small area with no food and no police? For the Superdome debacle, I lay 60% of the blame on the Mayor for not having any type of emergency plan, 30% on the Chief of Police for not having a plan in place to deal with the crime and 10% on the governor. Again 0% of that lands on the President.

As for the lawlessness on the streets of New Orleans, I am going to have to lay just about all of the blame on the Criminals on that one, however if you are going to lay blame on the government, I would say that a lot of it lays on the police and the courts for not locking these guys up long ago so they could not terrorize the streets, but we all know that for every criminal you put in jail, there are 10 to take his place, so it
      WolfBrother

Comment

Originally posted by WolfBrother
        Until the Governor of a State declares a Disaster and requests aid, the Fed can not intervene.
        Exactly. I just wish more people knew this knowledge. I blame the president and the feds 0%. Most if not all of the blame does lay with the mayor whether he likes it or not. They had the warning, I mean I haven't ever the weather centers use the language that they used with Katrina. The governor is to blame as well.

Overall the creator of this thread has it dead on.

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
          Who's to blame, hmmm.... maybe the Dumb *** that decided to put a city on land that's below sea level!
          those french terrorist!! they were planning all of this.

i agree with SW4747 here, the governor of LA is going to have to foot most of the blame on this one. i've heard through the grapevine that the governor at first even refused federal aid when it was "suggested" it be taken. no idea why... too stubborn i guess. its a shame that the governor's stubborness cost the suffering and lives of so many people.
          Veritas & Aequitas

Comment

The governor of Louisiana had asked for help well before the storm hit and the President had already declared a state of emergency. And as far as the people who made comments about the mayor not declaring an evacuation until before, it was all part of a plan to allow the areas lower than New Orleans and other areas to get out first.

Another thing about people who could but didn't evacuate. Our area has had several hurricanes in just the last few years that turned or weakened to tropical storms and everyone always rides them out. A lot of people just stayed with the same assumption that it would steer away from us again, but obviously that was not the case.

Here is an article before the storm about some of the response by some of the officials. I couldn't find the other info about Nagin and every other parish official in the city telling people on TV what a serious storm it was and to get out. I do think the city should have gotten our buses to get these poor people out, but they didn't.

The new plan calls for staggered evacuations, through which residents in low-lying areas leave first, followed by residents of New Orleans and the urban parts of Jefferson Parish. Under the old plan, thick bottlenecks developed in Hammond and Baton Rouge as many westbound drivers from the New Orleans area joined those from Florida, Alabama and Mississippi heading in the same direction. As a result, the 80-mile drive from New Orleans to Baton Rouge took as long as 12 hours for some drivers.

'The first true test'

Although traffic patterns weren't redirected until late afternoon, preparations began early Saturday at the state's Emergency Operations Center in Baton Rouge. Representatives of more than a dozen local, state and federal agencies, as well as nonprofit groups such as the American Red Cross, turned the emergency center into a beehive of activity as several large screens displayed tracking maps of the storm and other screens showed cars creeping slowly out of south Louisiana.

Blanco called Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour early Saturday to let him know she planned to institute the contraflow plan, McLeary said. State Police had planned to implement the new plan for Hurricane Dennis in July but called it off when that storm tracked east toward the Florida Panhandle.

Blanco and her husband, Raymond, spent about two and a half hours at the emergency center early Saturday evening, much of it spent on a conference call with state legislators from Southeast Louisiana. The reports she received from lawmakers convinced her that many people in New Orleans are not taking the storm threat seriously enough. For example, Blanco said, Rep. Cedric Richmond, D-New Orleans, told her that at 7 p.m. he saw about 700 people attending a Little League baseball game -- and that few of the people in attendance appeared to know or care that a storm was approaching.

Blanco said she spoke with Max Mayfield, director of the National Hurricane Center in Miami, who told her a storm surge as high as 20 feet would lead to a significant loss of life if Katrina were to hit New Orleans dead-on. She said President Bush's decision to declare a state of emergency before the storm has made landfall is an indication of the seriousness of the threat.

. . . . . . .

Comment

take your pick

the secretary of state ended her vacation today after watchin a broadway play

Bush continued going around making first grade speeches after this happened

Bush is active president who slashed flood control funding
              Bush is active president who's CIA director he gave a medal to and who now is a known mess up for 9-11 -Iraq war? lies? golden cake? forged documents with wrong names? Guantanamo?

now add FEMA fiasco of lies
              Mike Brown is on record lying about feeding 20-30,000 people at the Convention Center and claims to not know they existed until 4 days after the hurricane hit.I would say its his fault, but an oil corp exec would differ with 700% oil price increases.

Did I mention enron? his energy corp energy dept? his energy corp EPA science report audits? his chief of staff exposing CIA covert agents? No bid contracts for the VP's former employer? Anti-Monopoly law busting? Expanding the deficit? Losing more than $90 billion dollars? trying to apply his genius to social security?

How much you want to bet his administration breaks all previous federal indictment records set by previous administrations?

Repealling the ban on CIA assassinations? patriot act?
              mars?
              MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

mmm hmmm

I agree that the feds are NOT to blame. It is not the Federal gov't who should know that the majority of the residents in the gulf coastal area had no means of egress from that location. It's up to the local and state gov'ts to know that, and, with the info they had about the approaching storm, they should have mobilized their Nat'l Guard, and had school buses or whatever else sent down to get those people outta there. The mayor of N.O. made a total *** of himself by swearing up a storm about the federal gov't. He should have known better than that.

Comment

And One More Thing....

TO AMG...I've read a few of your comments on various topics. If you're so unhappy with how things are run here, why don't you move to France, or better yet, Iraq. Maybe you can help them create a government that would work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor24
                    I agree that the feds are NOT to blame. It is not the Federal gov't who should know that the majority of the residents in the gulf coastal area had no means of egress from that location. It's up to the local and state gov'ts to know that, and, with the info they had about the approaching storm, they should have mobilized their Nat'l Guard, and had school buses or whatever else sent down to get those people outta there. The mayor of N.O. made a total *** of himself by swearing up a storm about the federal gov't. He should have known better than that.
                    i agree 10000000000000%, he gave a warning 3 days in advance, then hauled ***, leaving his people behind, no buses, nothing, just a get out and you're on your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor24
                      TO AMG...I've read a few of your comments on various topics. If you're so unhappy with how things are run here, why don't you move to France, or better yet, Iraq. Maybe you can help them create a government that would work for you.
                      Don't blame him. He's from "THE GREAT STATE" of propaganda and Michael Moore seems to be doing his thinking for him.
                      Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                      --------------------------------------------------
                      Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

what's so great bout it?

Comment

Originally posted by SW4747
                          30% on the Chief of Police for not having a plan in place to deal with the crime
                          I don't see how you can place any blame whatsoever on the Chief of Police. No matter how well he planned for possible criminal activity in the aftermath of the storm, it couldn't possibly work when hundreds of his officers either quit, were killed, or simply never showed and their fate unkown.

Comment

Originally posted by NavyCop
                            I don't see how you can place any blame whatsoever on the Chief of Police. No matter how well he planned for possible criminal activity in the aftermath of the storm, it couldn't possibly work when hundreds of his officers either quit, were killed, or simply never showed and their fate unkown.
                            plus, unless they have boats and anti poop suits, who are they supposed to patrol and function in a toilet bowl???? you cant get around to all the places even in a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by AMG
                              take your pick

the secretary of state ended her vacation today after watchin a broadway play

Bush continued going around making first grade speeches after this happened

Bush is active president who slashed flood control funding
                              Bush is active president who's CIA director he gave a medal to and who now is a known mess up for 9-11 -Iraq war? lies? golden cake? forged documents with wrong names? Guantanamo?

now add FEMA fiasco of lies
                              Mike Brown is on record lying about feeding 20-30,000 people at the Convention Center and claims to not know they existed until 4 days after the hurricane hit.I would say its his fault, but an oil corp exec would differ with 700% oil price increases.

Did I mention enron? his energy corp energy dept? his energy corp EPA science report audits? his chief of staff exposing CIA covert agents? No bid contracts for the VP's former employer? Anti-Monopoly law busting? Expanding the deficit? Losing more than $90 billion dollars? trying to apply his genius to social security?

How much you want to bet his administration breaks all previous federal indictment records set by previous administrations?

Repealling the ban on CIA assassinations? patriot act?
                              mars?
                              You, in the most simple terms, need psychiatric help.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3976 users online. 186 members and 3790 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X