300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did it tick off anyone else when....

Alright gang...I didn't notice where anyone else mentioned this...but doesn't it really **** you off when you have some woman bitching and complaining that she went days without food or water...and when they give her a MRE...she takes one bite and then throws it away saying she doens't eat stuff like that. Or another where the woman who was complaining about not having anything to eat switched and started bitching about not having something HOT to eat....give me a stinking break!! *fuming*

</rant>
    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

It's good you vent here.
    That's the nature of the human race.

Comment

Let 'em starve if they dont want the freebies. If they're good enuff for our troops (I ate plenty in Iraq) they should be good enough for people who haven't eaten for a couple days.

And in case ya'll didn't know,,the MRE's have a self contained heater. Just add about a 1/4 cup of water and WAHLAA,,warm meal.
      Last edited by beano00; 09-05-2005, 09:48 PM.
      Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Comment

All i hear are ungrateful SOBs on TV. I'm sending some $ through the FOP and that's it.
        Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
          All i hear are ungrateful SOBs on TV. I'm sending some $ through the FOP and that's it.

ditto...done did...me and all my friends...any LEOs and FLEOs that need 'equipment' to 'obtain and maintain' control....

Comment

Last year, when my wife and I worked the hurricanes, there was several people that were ungrateful for what they got.

But that one little old lady that showed up at my truck made it all worth while. She was about 80 to 90 years old, could barley walk, and was crying her eyes out.

She left her husband at the house because he was unable to walk.

While every one else was on their second or third trip to grab all the free stuff they could, she just wanted one meal and water each for her and her husband. She said that would hold them over until things got back to normal.

Needless to say, her car got packed. I don't know how she got it all out when she got home, but that lady was not going hungry as far as we were concerned
            Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum
              I'm sending some $ through the FOP
              Me too, AND giving something to the ASPCA and Humane Society. The animal victims will take what they can get, and they never had a choice about whether to evacuate.

http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer
              http://www.hsus.org/
              Last edited by Entre Nous; 10-02-2005, 12:07 AM.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up
                Last year, when my wife and I worked the hurricanes, there was several people that were ungrateful for what they got.

But that one little old lady that showed up at my truck made it all worth while. She was about 80 to 90 years old, could barley walk, and was crying her eyes out.

She left her husband at the house because he was unable to walk.

While every one else was on their second or third trip to grab all the free stuff they could, she just wanted one meal and water each for her and her husband. She said that would hold them over until things got back to normal.

Needless to say, her car got packed. I don't know how she got it all out when she got home, but that lady was not going hungry as far as we were concerned

When I was younger and active in the boy scouts I did some volunteer work that was primarly with seniors. I could not beleve how much they will change your outlook on life.
                "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
                -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Comment

These were the same idiots that would have rather waited for the government to come pick them up in 4 or 5 days than wade through crappy water for a few hours.

Some people just "live" to be a victim.
                  You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

The elderly people, and the animals, break my heart.

I will donate where hopefully it will go help those.

Comment

Originally posted by zap
                      Alright gang...I didn't notice where anyone else mentioned this...but doesn't it really **** you off when you have some woman bitching and complaining that she went days without food or water...and when they give her a MRE...she takes one bite and then throws it away saying she doens't eat stuff like that. Or another where the woman who was complaining about not having anything to eat switched and started bitching about not having something HOT to eat....give me a stinking break!! *fuming*

</rant>
                      After watching hours and hours of CNN (Sorry no fox news up here) the conclusion I've too is that a good many of those people need to go way more than 4-5 days to be starving.

It always surpises me how marginalized can be so obese.

My heart breaks for the children and the elderly, but the throwing away unspoiled food of any kind is ridiculous.

Comment

Re

Their are people in the world who die everday of hunger even in America. So when you crying that you don't have food and get handed a perfectly good MRE and ou dont want it because its not Kentucky Fried Chicken, then you deserve to starve.

Comment

Originally posted by zap
                          ...Or another where the woman who was complaining about not having anything to eat switched and started bitching about not having something HOT to eat....give me a stinking break!! *fuming*

</rant>

I don't know if it was the same woman or not, but on my way to work the other morning, they were interviewing someone on the radio. She gave her account of being inside a hotel that partially collapsed. Then she stated she didn't have "life's basic essentials". The only one she mention was hot food.

Maybe she's lucky though- because she certainly wasn't crying about losing any family or friends or a house, etc. Just the hot food!

Comment

Like I just mentioned on another post in this particular forum; a lot of these people are missing the main point in their dilemma- they should be thankful that they are still ALIVE!!! Just like hogs; there is always at least one who has to have both feet in the trough.

I always hold a quotation by Mark Twain, which IMHO, sums most of it up concerning people: "If you pick up a starving dog and you feed him, he will not bite you. This is the difference between a dog and a man."

Probably in the top 10 of people I absolutely can not stand are those who are ungrateful.
                            Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400
                              The elderly people, and the animals, break my heart.

I will donate where hopefully it will go help those.
                              just in case you weren't already aware of this group...

http://www.noahswish.com/

great foundation!

eta: separate katrina page... http://www.noahswish.com/Hurricane%20Katrina.htm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5541 users online. 300 members and 5241 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X