300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PATHETIC: Dem Sen. Landrieu on ABC

Just needed to vent after seeing this pathetic interview on ABC with Stephenapolis. The Senator was horrible. She could only blame Pres. Bush. and at one time crying as she complained that there was only one "tractor" on the levee. Pathetic. If a anyone else saw this please comment. I sent her a happy gram.

Re: Hurricane interview on ABC

It was just absolutley horrible how you use this crisis as some political cheap shots. YOU are the Senator of that state. YOU bare just as much responsibility for the failings in that state. Rather than realize that, you jump on the political wagon and look for a reason to blame the President. Have you no sense of honesty. YOU know or should know that the project scheduled for restoration of the levee system in N.O. was scheduled to END in 2015. That, and the fact that it was only rated for a class #3 hurricane. Top all that with: the fact that thousands of people were not WILLING to leave, a mayor who had no command and control of his city or officials, a mayor that failed to realize the dangers, failed to enforce a MANDATORY evacuation two days BEFORE the hurricane, evryones complacency in the city because it took a day for the levee to break, and the lack of law enforcement bacause of no real plan. But no, in your simple little mind it's just the presidents fault. The same president that released funds as he announced N.O. a disaster area PRIOR to the storm. YOUR state government and more so your city government FAILED the people of that city. The same people that started to shoot at rescuers as they were trying to save lives.

Just so you know I am not a blind follower of the president, but right is right and you most definately are wrong. By the way I really enjoy the way you kept refering to your beach front home as your "camp" and not your home. A little bit symantic don't you think. Don't worry senator your beach front home will be rebuilt at taxpayer expense.

Please feel free to write me back personally, don't have someone else do your work here.

Landreau on ABC

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

Comment

Missed that one, but I will take your spin on it. Nicely said.

Let us know if you get any response!

Comment

Carcop, it is sad the only thing you got out of that was the one tractor in the levee. You must filter out all the important parts of the interview. I am pretty sure this will make you feel good cause in the eyes of many you wrote a well developed email.
        MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

Originally posted by AMG
          Carcop, it is sad the only thing you got out of that was the one tractor in the levee. You must filter out all the important parts of the interview. I am pretty sure this will make you feel good cause in the eyes of many you wrote a well developed email.
          Please enlighten us then.
          Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

AMG
            Please feel free to elaborate on your post. I listened very closely to the "good" Senator, and it all came back to finger pointing ,...... oh yeah except the part where she dared anyone to make a comment about the Sheriff and she would punch them, even if it were the president. HMMMM that seemed intelligent, seeing NOONE commented on the sheriff's performance (police Chief maybe). She is a shining example of the type of leadership that New Orleans has/ had.

But hey, it's not their fault, I think the president actually set up the whole hurricane thing, blame him.

Comment

I just read a summary of her interview with ABC. She's in the best defense is a good offense mode. Of course the locals dropped the ball, many have. Her one little crane remark was interesting to. She is politically motivated and out of control. Do you think some backlash may come her way for this? Oh no, tell me it's not so.

Still waiting for you to enlighten us AMG.

Comment

The good senator's statements and balling might have been viewed with less skepticism had there not been a camera right in her face....
                Officer, I borrowed these pants!

Comment

DUI this may be over your head but try to understand

Perhaps the first maven of literacy--who has apparently forgotten the maxim that "charity begins at home"--should worry less about Iraq and a bit more about an PRESIDENT that puts a HORSE JUDGE in charge of disaster mitigation, preparedness, Response and recovery and when the test came, he failed it. Fear isn't something created by the media, so much as by the political leaders they cover. In short, fear and insecurity increases the power of the state, encouraging us to trust so-called experts, who we're told have the specialized knowledge to protect us from the myriad dangers out there.

What she is saying is he lied ...........The President of the United States
                  MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

Loiusiana and New Orleans have been controled by the liberal democrates for decades and in all those decades, and especially recently, not one of them have proposed to congress fixing the levies.

The mayor and the gov. refused to declare a federal emergency even when begged to by the feds until it was too late. So much for "everyone" knowing about how bad the storm would be. The mayor refused to implement the cities own preset evacuation plan till after the storm and the gov refused to release the national guard.

During 911 the mayor of NY was on the streets getting things done, the NO mayor tries to cover his *** on TV.

FEMA: one f**ked up agency. It was the democrates who insisted that FEMA have it's power stripped and placed under the department of Homeland Buracracy.

Comment

Okay.. First off Mr. AMG, FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) is NOT a First Responder. They are tasked with responding to, planning for, recovering from and mitigating against disasters. Not keeping law and order or steping in where LOCAL goverment should have acted.

The President declared N.O. a disaster zone before the hurricane even struck and the Mayor dropped the ball by not doing his job and getting everyone out of the city before the storm, and did not utilize ANY of the public transportation system avaliable to get the other poor folks out that couldn't get out on their own. They were advised that the levy was crap, and they ignored it for YEARS.

This failure was at a local level, and local only.

The Mayor, Governor and Senator did a poor job and expected to have other people step in to do thier work. Playing the blame game works great in preschool, not so well in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash
                        Okay.. First off Mr. AMG, FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) is NOT a First Responder. They are tasked with responding to, planning for, recovering from and mitigating against disasters. Not keeping law and order or steping in where LOCAL goverment should have acted.
                        As any right wing paranoid could tell you; up untill FEMA was reduced from a cabinet level agency to one placed under Homeland Buracracy, FEMA had the right to suspend constitutional rights and declare martial law.

In this case FEMA had no legit plan before, during, or immediately after the storm. The director admitted on TV that he didn't know things were happening until he saw the news coverage of it. Absolutely and totally unfriggin accpetable
                        Last edited by JRT6; 09-08-2005, 10:44 AM.

Comment

More ranting

Just to clear all this up, the President never wanted the Homeland Security to include FEMA. That was a compromise that kept the Dems happy. And really, when was the Governor ever going to let the President tell her how to run her state? She's still not sure whether or not to force evacuations. Not until more tests are done on the cesspool that is covering the city. A slow response was still better than the NO response from local and state government there.
                          Jerry
                          "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by AMG
                            AMG:
                            Perhaps you've filtered out all of the facts in this situation and followed the rhetoric spewed by Jesse, Al, and Kanye a bit too closely. All the ranting and raving that the Mayor of N'Orleans is doing, in my humble opinion, is a ploy to distract folks from assigning blame where it belongs. The FIRST finger needs to be pointed directly at the Mayor. He failed his constituants. Period!

It aint a BLACK thing, it aint a WHITE thing. It's a death thing, and the local govt. of N'Orleans is largely to blame.

I'm still waiting (as many of us are) for someone to provide proof about relief efforts coming slower due to the color of the people involved. God bless the NOPD! They are performing the unsavory task of saving lives of people like you.

Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Comment

i think everybody here who has responded in kind to carcop is just as pathetic as landrieu. anybody who has the nerve to politicize this tragedy whether it be a politician or a layperson is pathetic.

it doesnt matter if the idiot who runs FEMA is a republican or democrat. that fact is the guy fuked up. i dont see anybody up in arms over the fact that bill frist admits mistakes were made and is currently calling for an investigation. maybe because he's a republican? thats the only reason for the lack of outrage that i can think of.

get your heads out of your ***es people. republicans arent immune from having morons in its ranks. its plainly obvious by some of the responses in this thread.
                              "The American public will find it refreshing to see a Republican candidate, who's not a moralistic, sexually repressed, crusading hypocrite, who cruises airport men's rooms late at night."
                              William Shatner

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4794 users online. 295 members and 4499 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X