300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is.

Okay we just made a $50.00 donation to the American Red Cross in tribute to the New Orleans Police.
    It doesn't sound like much but if every member of this forum made even a $10.00 donation that's a ton of money.

You can do it on line at www.redcross.org

So lets put your money where your mouth is and make a effort to help.

Gift Information
    Amount: $20.00
    Donation Fund: Hurricane 2005 Relief
    Honor/Memorial Gift: Yes

I'm poor or i'd donate more lol (yes below poverty line )

Comment

My girlfriend and I both just got our annual bonus, thankfully just in time.
      Total: $250 to the red cross and offering my cabin in PA as a room for a family in need.

Comment

Made a $30.00 donation in honor of the New Orleans Police Dept

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104
          My girlfriend and I both just got our annual bonus, thankfully just in time.
          Total: $250 to the red cross and offering my cabin in PA as a room for a family in need.
          You da man!

Comment

We both received our bonus for attending college(yes, my employer pays tuition AND bonus) which was about 850 for each of us... I try to look at the big picture and the fact that someone needs it more than I do.

Comment

Made a $100 donation yesterday. JKralC104, what a great thing your doing by offering your place. Giving money is great but giving complete strangers a place to stay is simply awesome. I'll give you 1,347 karma points for that.
              It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
                I canceled my Labor Day beach trip and used that money to donate to the Red Cross. I am not putting the amount donated on here; don't want to show off.

It just didn't feel right to go to the beach and have fun drinking coolers and playing volleyball when there may be thousands dead and many more suffering a few states away from me.
                I know you don't want to brag, but that is just awesome.
                Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
                  I am not putting the amount donated on here; don't want to show off.
                  From working with non-profits, I know that when people see how much other individuals have donated it encourages them to give more. Not taking away credit from your not wanting to give the amount away - just saying it's a good way to show off.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

All of us who arent going away this weekend, can donate the couple hundred dollars we'd spend on gas, to a relief org

Comment

My Sergeant told us in roll call tonight that they may be looking for public safety families who have room to take in our fellow officers/firefighters/medics families so that at least they won't be burdened with worrying about the safety of their family. This is an excellent opportunity to pitch in if you cannot go directly to devastated areas.

More info as I get it....
                      Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

If ya just donated the gas money it took to get to the beach vacation & back it would be great

Comment

If anyone would like give a little something to help animal victims of the disaster, please go to:
                          https://secure2.convio.net/aspca/sit...isc72.app20bse
                          Maybe this seems like a low priority, but the Red Cross cannot take animals into its shelters, and the ASPCA is struggling to take in pets which would otherwise be abandoned.
                          Last edited by Entre Nous; 09-03-2005, 09:26 PM.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

Double your Red Cross Donation

Lowes Home Improvement is doing 1:1 matching of any donation up to 1 million dollars made at their stores, to the Red Cross for Hurricane Katrina relief. This is a good way to double what you give, as Lowes will give one dollar per dollar recieved.
                            N. A. Corbier
                            Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
                            Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

Donations That Will Go Directly To Leo's

I noticed the donation to the redcross. This may not be the time to remind people of the 911 debacle with the Red Cross. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vet all charities by going to www.guidestar.org. And ask how much money goes to administration and how much makes it into the hands of the needy. Another time and place, we can talk about the United Way headquarters with glassed windows overlooking the Potomac along with other charities with similar investments as nonprofits... while I personally like many of the people from these charities who are very highly paid executives, money for LEO's might best be directed directly to LEO's or match the red cross donation with a LEO donation, as a thought.

In the interim, here is a press release I facilitated NAPO and FOP with in the event people want to assist officers

New Orleans officers are working throughoutt the Hurricane and its
                              aftermath without knowing or learning the fate of their families. It is
                              confirmed officers are down. Sadly, there will be more names on the
                              National Law Enforcement Memorial wall come April when they will be etched
                              in 2006.

There are many charities out there collecting for the victims of Katrina.
                              Those wishing to donate directly to officers and their families may donate
                              directly to National Fraternal Order of Police and National Association of
                              Police Organizations.

Officers are down in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. Linda Sevilla, of
                              FOPLODGE1 here in DC, says donations to officers and their familes will be
                              directed by National FOP. Donations can be made online or by mailing
                              checks to NATIONAL FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE, 711 4th Street, NW,
                              Washington DC 20001. It is important to remember, says Carrie Devorah (a
                              CCIA), that when an officer is on the street helping us in catastrophic
                              situations, their families are home dealing with the catastrophe without
                              them.

NYC's Detective's Endowment Association executive, Sam Katz writes the
                              NAPO, National Association of Police Organization's
                              Relief Fund, is the most appropriate place to send donations for New
                              Orleans "beleagured police officers and their families." The NAPO, founded
                              in 1978, is a Washington DC based coalition of police unions and
                              associations from across the United States. Michael Palladino, President
                              of NYC's Detective Endowment Association and Vice President of the NAPO
                              says this fund was set up years ago to aid in such emergencies. Palladino
                              says "officers in New Orleans are carrying a double burden; the job of
                              trying to maintain law and order in a devastated major American city, all
                              the while trying to cope with their own pain and loss-of their homes,
                              families, friends and their town. This is the words imaginable scenario
                              police officers can face." Palladino urges individuals seeking to aid
                              officers, the NAPO is working directly with the Police Association of New
                              Orleans to ensure donations go directly to their members in need.
                              Donations can be made at www.napo.org or sent to NAPO Relief Fund, c/o
                              NAPO, 750 FIrst Street, Ne, Suite 920, Washington DC 20002-4241.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6398 users online. 345 members and 6053 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X