300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only in America....

Can you live in a hurricane prone state, get 2 days notice to get the hell out, then get mad at the world because you're stuck on a roof somewhere and you want out of there NOW!

On a less sarcastic note, God Bless everyone involved....and I do mean everyone...

Yeah, it's lame.

Like someone said "Times like this bring out the best and the worst in people."

Comment

Only in America

You're right. It's absolutely amazing how these "disadvantaged" people can get around when they want to. They've never been held accountable for their choices, and don't want to be now. Sure, there are many truly innocent people who just couldn't get out, and I feel for them. They've been victomized by the thugs and low lifes, and the spin doctors and bleeding hearts aren't going to give a damn about them. Shoot a few of these predators though, and you watch them scream and holler.

Comment

Well to play devil's advocate here:
        Many of thse folks had no means out. They didn't own cars and as far as I know there were no mass evacuation plans. Did the city provide transportion for the the poor and eldery? If so maybe these folks would have been gone.
        Not to mention that area gets hit ALL the time by hurricanes and other storms and they have NEVER been this bad (least in the last 29 years). Many did not expect it.
        Only in America do we throw billions to other nations but can't get the homeless off the streets, the crime rates down, and provide health care to the millions of those who don't have any.

TGY
        Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Everyone that pulls the race card out on this one is stupid. I had to turn the tv off last night after hearing Jesse Jackson and some other man hammer the nation as a whole about this "race issue." Saying that the media only refers to the black people down there as "refugees" is absurd. Everyone down there is referred to as that term. And then they proceed to sit there and tell everyone that "No person in America is sitting at home disagreeing with me." Well here I am, I'm one. Go cry to someone else because I honestly could care less what you have to say.

And the fact that more black people are stranded and dieing in New Orleans is the classic example of reporting and distorting the facts. Sure, there are more blacks dead than whites. Sure, there are more blacks suffering than whites. BUT LOOK AT THIS. I don't have exact numbers, but I would bet that 70%-80% of the people left in New Orleans during the storm were black. I'd also bet that the same %, maybe a little less, make up the poor population down there. THIS IS CALLED STATISTICS. THIS IS PROBABILITY. Call it whatever else you want, that's the truth.

I wish those people would pull their head out of their *** and actually HELP people instead of "preaching" to a camera.

Comment

"Well to play devil's advocate here:
            Many of thse folks had no means out. They didn't own cars and as far as I know there were no mass evacuation plans. Did the city provide transportion for the the poor and eldery? If so maybe these folks would have been gone."

I thought they had free buses and taxi's for anyone that needed one.
            Even if they did not, and I did not have a penny to my name, I would be walking my *** northbound to get out of there days before.

As for the racial thing, of course, anytime something does not go their way its "cuz im black". Sick of hearing it. How bout a "white history month", "White college fund", White entertainment television"? Try to start one of these and look at the cryin!

Comment

http://www.republicoft.com/index.php...oters-finders/

Comment

Only in America sometimes an argument gets made with such regularity that no matter how silly, it nonetheless requires an answer. Indeed the more often it gets made, the more often it calls for rebuttal, since its repetition indicates someone just isn
                MY INSTINCT IS TO WIN, DESTROY MY OPPONENT AND MOVE ON WITHOUT ANY HESITATION AT ALL

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
                  Well to play devil's advocate here:
                  Many of thse folks had no means out

#1. Ugggg....

Not to mention that area gets hit ALL the time by hurricanes and other storms and they have NEVER been this bad (least in the last 29 years). Many did not expect it..

#2. Know what a storm is? Know what a tropical storm is? Know what a catagory 1 is? Can you count to 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjagirl
                    #2. Know what a storm is? Know what a tropical storm is? Know what a catagory 1 is? Can you count to 5?

Yes I know what a storm is,I grew up in Houston and along the East Coast. Many people in FL stay behind ALL The time and make it out fine. Did you leave FL??? Keep your sarcasm to yourself.
                    We never left TX when huricanes came through and dealt with the flooding. Yes it was one of the strongest warnings given.
                    Lots of people did decide to stay and they regret it now.
                    It's easy to stay WTF?? now, but imagaine you have no where to go,no way to get there, and no money to spend.

TGY
                    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by YJ95
                      Everyone that pulls the race card out on this one is stupid. I had to turn the tv off last night after hearing Jesse Jackson and some other man hammer the nation as a whole about this "race issue." Saying that the media only refers to the black people down there as "refugees" is absurd. Everyone down there is referred to as that term.

There is money to be made in a cause. Especially a cause where you can intimidate, chastise, and outright blackmail your victims....to give you money so [edit: so you won't call them] a racist.

Oh wait....you weren't racist in the first place?

WOW....what does that make JJ then?
                      Last edited by zap; 09-05-2005, 10:58 AM.
                      An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
                        Yes I know what a storm is,I grew up in Houston and along the East Coast. Many people in FL stay behind ALL The time and make it out fine. Did you leave FL??? Keep your sarcasm to yourself.
                        We never left TX when huricanes came through and dealt with the flooding. Yes it was one of the strongest warnings given.
                        Lots of people did decide to stay and they regret it now.
                        It's easy to stay WTF?? now, but imagaine you have no where to go,no way to get there, and no money to spend.

TGY
                        A catagory one? No I probably wouldnt leave. Two? Maybe. Three and up? I'm finding a way to get the he!! out of the way. If you live in a prone area you know when its time run. As for the people that genuinly could not leave...like I said I would volunteer if they would stop shooting.

As far as sarcasm I believe that is protected under freedom of speech as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by YJ95
                          Everyone that pulls the race card out on this one is stupid. I had to turn the tv off last night after hearing Jesse Jackson and some other man hammer the nation as a whole about this "race issue." Saying that the media only refers to the black people down there as "refugees" is absurd. Everyone down there is referred to as that term. And then they proceed to sit there and tell everyone that "No person in America is sitting at home disagreeing with me." Well here I am, I'm one. Go cry to someone else because I honestly could care less what you have to say.

And the fact that more black people are stranded and dieing in New Orleans is the classic example of reporting and distorting the facts. Sure, there are more blacks dead than whites. Sure, there are more blacks suffering than whites. BUT LOOK AT THIS. I don't have exact numbers, but I would bet that 70%-80% of the people left in New Orleans during the storm were black. I'd also bet that the same %, maybe a little less, make up the poor population down there. THIS IS CALLED STATISTICS. THIS IS PROBABILITY. Call it whatever else you want, that's the truth.

I wish those people would pull their head out of their *** and actually HELP people instead of "preaching" to a camera.
                          ....70-80% of the population is black, so that is a good estimate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3376 users online. 159 members and 3217 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X