300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many New Orleans Police Officers DEAD

A disturbing story on CNN.com reported on a New Orleans police officer who left the city out of desparation.

The New Orleans police sergeant compared the situation to Somalia and said officers were outnumbered and outgunned by gangs in trucks.

"It's a war zone, and they're not treating it like one," he said, referring to the federal government.

The officer hitched a ride to Baton Rouge Friday morning, after working 60 hours straight in the flooded city. He has not decided whether he will return.

He broke down in tears when he described the deaths of his fellow officers, saying many had drowned doing their jobs. Other officers have turned in their badges as the situation continues to deteriorate.
    In one incident, the sergeant said gunmen fired rifles and AK-47s at the helicopters flying overhead.

He said he saw bodies riddled with bullet holes, and the top of one man's head completely shot off.

Relief comes to New Orleans in full force
    Fox News and Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS
    Last edited by SW4747; 09-03-2005, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Holy crap, that's the most severe account i've heard thus far.

Hopefully all the officers come out of this safe. Unfortunately, from that article, it doesn't sound like that will happen.

F*ckin savages.
      Guns don't kill people. Chuck Norris kills People.

Comment

I think, unfortunately, the Law Enforcement dead toll from this will be worse than 9/11 and the civilian death toll will be over 10,000

Comment

This is the most unbelievably heart wrenching story I have ever heard and hope to ever hear.

There are so many of us ready to go down to N.O. or Biloxi and work but our Department will not allow us to go at this point...it's unknown exactly why but the speculation is liability issues if we do have to cap some turd.

I am beside myself with anger and grief over the N.O. Sergeant's story and that of the dead Sheriff's Deputies.

If any one has the means to pass on to our brothers and sisters fighting and dying in that hell hole that we are all behind them and praying for them, please do. If and when we are allowed, there will be many Richmond P.D. officers there with you. We are now in spirit.

Please hang in there, folks. You are the epitome of our profession.
          Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

On CNN one of the NOPD guys said that he heard that 1/3 of the department was gone. He said, that they had just left and had not returned.

CNN also showed what happened at night to the remaining officers. They had to go up to the roof and sit in the dark while shots were being fired at they from projects next door. They watched for muzzle flashes and would return fire.

What a mess

Comment

This is freaking nuts, I can not believe this is crap is going on in the USA.

I hope the death toll of the as$hole dirtbags far out numbers that of any of the officers that have lost their lives.

At the hands of the officers that is.

Comment

Man it is much worse than I thought down there. I wonder if Joseph (a member of this forum) is OK? I sure hope so, along with the rest of them down there.

What a mess.
                Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

NYPD sends 100 Officers to help

Finest and 100
                  buses to help out

By ALISON GENDAR
                  and ROBERT F. MOORE
                  DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

A convoy of 100 MTA buses and 150 city police officers will head to New Orleans this morning to help evacuate the desperate victims of Hurricane Katrina, officials said last night.
                  The buses and 17 NYPD vehicles will depart on their 1,300-mile trek from Police Headquarters in lower Manhattan.

"We are sending down a variety of personnel and equipment," said Deputy Police Commissioner Paul Browne. "Some of the police officers are also EMTs, so they can provide emergency medical treatment to people in need."

The NYPD officers will be federally deputized, giving them arrest powers in New Orleans. They could be called on to help restore order.

Police brass said the officers heading south responded to a call for volunteers put out yesterday to the roughly 36,000-member force.

"They need some help," said a 20-year NYPD veteran who signed up for what could be a two-week detail. "We're just going down to do our thing."

Plans call for the buses to take evacuees to Little Rock, Ark., or Dallas.

It wasn't clear last night how the absence of 100 buses would affect city service. Metropolitan Transportation Authority officials did not respond to repeated inquiries last night.

The police contingent joins a joint FDNY-NYPD search-and-rescue team already working outside storm-battered Biloxi, Miss. That 28-member crew has four dogs trained to find survivors and remains

Comment

nothing to see here
                    Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:18 PM.

Comment

We are reaping what we sow.. Getting what we deserve..

You want to blame the criminals down there?? Blah!! Perhaps you could make a valid arguement out of it but this could have all been prevented.

The cops should have started shooting the looters the minute they saw them.
                      Nope.. We are supposed to have compassion..

Had the police started shooting the looters the minute they found them, this crap would not have happened. Now we have good people who are dead because of "compassion"..

Keep your compassion to yourself.. I'd rather shoot em dead.. Anyone who is walking down the street with a brand new flat screen tv is a piece of society fecal matter and should be disposed of accordingly.

But no... Instead of shooting the looters, the cops let them go and start looting themselves. Those cops I saw on TV at the WallMart are a disgrace to all of us and I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. What kind of piece of crap garbage does this?

If you shoot dead the guy carrying the flat screen, the person behind him who is thinking about it will think again..

This ****es me off to no end... And dont you dare talk to me about an "innocent person trying to save their own TV".. That's a load of crap.

Comment

The city that loves sin is paying for it.
                        Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Originally posted by 6233108
                          The city that loves sin is paying for it.
                          Yeah and a lot of them are showing us that even when they get a nice spanking on the *** they'll still tear $hit up.

Comment

I doubt that shooting looters on sight would have been the answer, just would have made things worst by escalating things exponentially, remember these officers have very very limited rounds in the first place.

In my opinion, any criminal who ever dreamed of causing harm to a LE Officer and never followed up on their desire (be it because of the laws in place, fear of being caught, killed and or other forms of repercussions) now knows that they can most likely get away with their crimes without ever being detected and knows that for the most part LE officers may now be outnumbered and have little communications with reinforcements (remember of the few bodies, assuming that of civilians, have been found riddled with bullets? People are exacting revenge on their enemies, my .2 cents)

Originally posted by RobSlig
                            We are reaping what we sow.. Getting what we deserve..

You want to blame the criminals down there?? Blah!! Perhaps you could make a valid arguement out of it but this could have all been prevented.

The cops should have started shooting the looters the minute they saw them.
                            Nope.. We are supposed to have compassion..

Had the police started shooting the looters the minute they found them, this crap would not have happened. Now we have good people who are dead because of "compassion"..

Keep your compassion to yourself.. I'd rather shoot em dead.. Anyone who is walking down the street with a brand new flat screen tv is a piece of society fecal matter and should be disposed of accordingly.

But no... Instead of shooting the looters, the cops let them go and start looting themselves. Those cops I saw on TV at the WallMart are a disgrace to all of us and I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. What kind of piece of crap garbage does this?

If you shoot dead the guy carrying the flat screen, the person behind him who is thinking about it will think again..

This ****es me off to no end... And dont you dare talk to me about an "innocent person trying to save their own TV".. That's a load of crap.
                            Last edited by Troophopeful; 09-03-2005, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Troophopeful
                              I doubt that shooting looters on sight would have been the answer, just would have made things worst by escalating things exponentially, remember these officers have very very limited rounds in the first place.

In my opinion, any criminal who ever dreamed of causing harm to a LE Officer and never followed up on their desire (be it because of the laws in place, fear of being caught, killed and or other forms of repercussions) now knows that they can most likely get away with their crimes without ever being detected and knows that for the most part LE officers may now be outnumbered and have little communications with reinforcements (remember of the few bodies, assuming that of civilians, have been found riddled with bullets? People are exacting revenge on their enemies, my .2 cents)
                              I disagree..

The cops had access to that same Wall-Mart that left the guns and ammo behind.

All they needed to do is take out a few of the looters and that would have sent a strong message.. There would have been other people there that would have helped them.. Instead of turning into law and order, they let it grow into disorder.

If a fire starts and you start throwing water on it, other people will jump in to help you.. But if a fire starts and you start throwing gasoline onto it, other people will jump in to help you..
                              The cops down there started throwing gasoline onto it.. we saw it on TV..

Most criminals are cowards.. When challenged, they usually back down when they know there will be personal consequences.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6260 users online. 367 members and 5893 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X