300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of Officers Looting Walmart

"This is unbelievable video. Police Officers in uniform looting a WalMart SuperCenter in New Orleans. When they get busted by the reporter, they act like they're looking for looters and start wandering around among the other people in the store. Seriously. Unbelievable. Its no wonder there's a problem with lawlessness"

"This reporter caught Police officers looting a WalMart for "essential supplies"... like digital cameras and MP3 players."

http://www.frycookonvenus.com/videos/police_looting.wmv

*FIXED Police Looting Video

Is this right or wrong? Any opinions
    Last edited by Cadet626; 09-05-2005, 04:50 PM.

The police officers were wrong if they were stealing for profit or personal gain beyond survival. Based on what the video shows there are other plausible explanations. It does look suspicious however, I hesitate to say those officers were wrong. It was hard to make out what the officers had in their carts but it looked like shoes and clothes. Those types of articles could have been taken to be passed out among citizenry.

Comment

As much as I hate Wal-Mart, I'm going to say that it's the principle of it and say that yes, it is wrong. Food and water, and the very basic essentials fine, but a lot of this has crossed the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
        The police officers were wrong if they were stealing for profit or personal gain beyond survival. Based on what the video shows there are other plausible explanations. It does look suspicious however, I hesitate to say those officers were wrong. It was hard to make out what the officers had in their carts but it looked like shoes and clothes. Those types of articles could have been taken to be passed out among citizenry.
        I'm glad that video shows a little more about what appeared to have happened. The first thread that talked about this had a very short clip of the two officers and to be honest it wasn't sitting well with me.

I don't trust the media at all. And we'll never see all of the footage.

What bothered me the first time was the once officer saying that they were just doing their jobs. To me it looked like a shopping trip, shoes and clothes, etc. NO PLASMA TV's seen. What bothered me was that that the one officer seemed a bit dodgy. Later I thought, who knows, maybe they were just doing their jobs.

If I was in a similar situation like them and I came across a group of people that couldn't care for themselves and were in desperate need of foot wear and clothing, etc, I'd be "looting" for them. If someone stuck a camera in my face I would tell them exactly "what" and "why" I was doing what I was doing!

I wish I could get down there to help out.

Comment

Looks to me like they were up to no good. That lady that was talking seemed to be kinda sketchy, she sounded like she knew she was caught doing something wrong. People can come into walmart and get what they need, I highly doubt they were on a mission to get those things out to stranded people, if they were she would have said that. She started walking away from the shopping cart acting like she was just patrolling around, when it looked like she could care less about what was going on around her and was just busy "shopping" with her officer buddy.

That's how it looked to me... Who knows though...

Edit:
          I think I pretty much just repeated what the guy above me said. Oh well... hah
          Last edited by JustDontDie; 09-02-2005, 11:45 PM.

Comment

damn, i wish i can take her place. I sworn to be a police officer! =) Someone hire me!

Comment

Lay Off NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are not there don't comment.
              This is a disaster and people are trying to just live and it's wrong to criticize the actions of somebpdy that is just trying to live long enough to get out.

Should a cop loot ? No but should we on the outside think badly of a guy trying to get food and safe water of baby fomula or basic life needs for his family. NO all bets are off in those cases.

I get sick of non cops thinking they could be better at being cops in a disaster situation when they have never worn a badge or worked one shift.

So lay off . People are dying hourly and need compassion and support not outside criticism and a civilian especially a "kid" thinking they know it all.

Comment

Ok Bodie I'm no civilian (or a kid) so I'll comment....

The video speaks for itself those two lowlife "cops" are a disgrace and should be prosecuted when order has been restored and the evacuation has been completed. These vultures were casually strolling thorugh the aisles as if they were at a Flea Market looking for a good deal.

Commenting about their abhorrent conduct does not take away from the heroic sacrifice of the other police/fire and rescue personnel.
                Last edited by BrickCop; 09-03-2005, 05:09 PM.
                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                  Should a cop loot ? No but should we on the outside think badly of a guy trying to get food and safe water of baby fomula or basic life needs for his family. NO all bets are off in those cases..
                  That was NOT the case at all. What were they perusing, sneakers????

They look on their faces--just like the civilian looters who saw their faces were being filmed--told it all.

Food, water... yeah if it's an "eat or be eaten" world, you do what you have to do.

Going back-to-school shopping through the busted out windows of Wal-Mart = not survival.
                  All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

all this crap is happening simply because the idiots down there didnt listen to the MANDATORY evacuations and didnt evacuate when they were supposed to evacuate!!!
                    is it sad? yes, is it pathetic? absolutely... but life could have been preserved had these people listened... i mean the hurricane was only the size of the entire gulf of mexico.
                    who's idea was it to inhabit a bayou and turn it into a flurishing city that was doomed from the day it was established??? the french!
                    and now these cops looting makes me just that much more sick of this situation...
                    i could rant for days about how ignorant these people are, and how sick there actions make me... when hurricane hugo hit us in south carolina as a cat 4 in 1989, people listended and got the hell out of my great ol' city of charleston... 82 people died and so much proporty damage was reported, but we didnt have all these ignorant fools acting like idiots raping girls, and killing one another...
                    these folks milked off the government all their lives, and now because they have, they have not a clue what to do but sit around and get ****ed because the government has not taken quick enough actions... then they act like fools because there isnt anyone to maintain order, and its all bush's fault right?? lol the people in that part of the country dont surprise me one bit with these actions.
                    sorry guys, but this stuff really ****es me off.
                    Last edited by VAsteve20; 09-03-2005, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Face it the city was built below sea level so who's bright idea was that.
                      It has forever been a disaster waiting to happen and it chose 2005 as the year.

Comment

I've been screaming the same thing. I can't understand why anyone would want to rebuild there, and wait until the next Katrina comes along so they could go thru this mess all over again. I say get everyone out, salvage what you can and build New (and improved) Orleans somewhere above sea level.

As for the officers "looting" the store. I started the first thread on this, I said it there and I'll say it here "They APPEARED to be looting" I wasn't there and only saw a small clip, and I'm willing to give the benefit of a doubt, but it sure as hell didn't look good.
                        Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                        Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                        If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

Originally posted by VAsteve20
                          all this crap is happening simply because the idiots down there didnt listen to the MANDATORY evacuations and didnt evacuate when they were supposed to evacuate!!!
                          I like your argument sir...but what about the poor people who don' t have cars?

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet626
                            I like your argument sir...but what about the poor people who don' t have cars?
                            why are they poor?? becuase they are bottle fed by the fed gov't...
                            look at your check and figure out how much of that money taken from you is now in that "poor" persons pocket, what the hell do they have to show for it?? i know how much of my check those worthless savages get... it doesnt bother me that some of them are no longer breathing.

do the poor people have legs? if they aint broke then start walkin...
                            i can cover 3 miles in 22 minutes jogging at a moderate pace... i can hold that pace for 10 miles. when did they get the mandetory evac??? it looked to be 2 days or so before the storm started to make landfall...
                            i can cover some serious distance in two days, enough to get me the hell out of a city below sea level, protected by levees that went neglected since the carter era, and surrounded by swamps and other random bayou fun... not to mention that huge warm body of water called the gulf of mexico that has the exact same effect on a low pressure storm system as steroids have on Jose Canseco.
                            thats my $.02

get the hell off your lazy *** and start treking. i go on treks for the fun of it... these people cant even do it to survive... america is better off without them. but i guess im a super jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by VAsteve20
                              is it sad? yes, is it pathetic? absolutely... but life could have been preserved had these people listened... i mean the hurricane was only the size of the entire gulf of mexico.
                              who's idea was it to inhabit a bayou and turn it into a flurishing city that was doomed from the day it was established??? the french!
                              and now these cops looting makes me just that much more sick of this situation...
                              i could rant for days about how ignorant these people are, and how sick there actions make me... when hurricane hugo hit us in south carolina as a cat 4 in 1989, people listended and got the hell out of my great ol' city of charleston... 82 people died and so much proporty damage was reported, but we didnt have all these ignorant fools acting like idiots raping girls, and killing one another...
                              these folks milked off the government all their lives, and now because they have, they have not a clue what to do but sit around and get ****ed because the government has not taken quick enough actions... then they act like fools because there isnt anyone to maintain order, and its all bush's fault right?? lol the people in that part of the country dont surprise me one bit with these actions.
                              sorry guys, but this stuff really ****es me off.

Dont think I could have said it better myself.
                              As for the officers looting, There are bad people in every profession and a lot of them in the media. Hell the officers could have brought the clothes and sneekers out to a bunch of kids. The media knows that it will be a much better story if they dont show that and just the officers taking stuff.

As for people without cars--- WALK thats what I would have been doing days before the storm hit. (think they had buses and taxi's free of charge too).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5497 users online. 307 members and 5190 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X