300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Declare Martial Law - Shoot looters

Well, thanks to the uncivilized portion of the population that lives in New Orleans, the city has descended into a 3rd world county an is in a state of total anarchy. People murdering, raping and robbing in the Superdome. Looting all over the city. Shots fired at hospitals and military transports.

It's time to declare a state of martial law. Set a curfew. All looters (except people taking medical supplies or food) should be shot on sight. All people out past the curfew should be shot on sight. 1 night of that and order will be restored. The people there want to act like animals, then they forfeit their rights as American citizens as far as I am concerned.

I am with you on that. Anyone out after curfew should be considered an enemy of the state. I thought I heard somewhere ( news ) that there was an old louisiana law that forbid martial law in that state, not sure how true it is
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Comment

What I don't understand is how the government is not feeding the now homeless. Send a billion trillion dollars for the tsunami relief, but nothing fot New Orleans? My info may be incorrect, but the effort seems to be lacking.
      "Support Our Troops"

Comment

Speaking out of my own inexpierence...

What about the people with absolutely nowhere to go? They can't very well get out of dodge (or off the streets, for that matter) with all means of exit blocked.

Now if they're causing a problem...Click Bang.
        A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.

-GK Chesterton

Comment

I say people carrying jewels, TVs, computers and other expesive property that isn't stuff that is used only to keep you alive should be shot. Personally I think they should be tortured and then shot. But yeah...

Comment

I imagine it's hard to feed people who are shooting at you. You can't air drop it, because they're shooting at the choppers and you would cause unbelielvable problems when the people on the ground start to fight over whats dropped.

Unfortunately, the animals who were perpatrating all the robbing, killing, and drug dealing before the flooding are now left to run the show, and the elderly, the sick, and the children are the ones who are paying the price.

Put the military in there, impose a curfew, and start blasting these a-holes so we can help the ones who need it. The time to be politically correct was gone when the levees broke.
            Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Rpd1794........

You Couldnt Have Hit The Nail On The Head Any Harder, Right On
              Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Comment

Will you idiots talking about shooting folks shut the hell up. I can just imagine giving an order like that and having folks being shot for stealing food. The desperation level in those areas severely affected is rising exponentially every hour so you're going to see people stealing food items as well as some a-holes stealing non-essential goods. 1 or 2 morons shoot at the helos and they fly away and that means no food for tons of people. Same morons shoot at the hospital they can't evacuate their dying for 2 goddamn hours. This is ridiculous.

The law should not be subverted because you think it unconscionable that people are stealing during this tradgedy. That means "judge, jury and execution" on the streets for petty theft.
                -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by TheMP5guy
                  What I don't understand is how the government is not feeding the now homeless. Send a billion trillion dollars for the tsunami relief, but nothing fot New Orleans? My info may be incorrect, but the effort seems to be lacking.

We only sent about a hundred million to the tsunami. Perhaps we should bring our troops home along with the "billion trillion" being spent on Iraq. There are always better uses with money.........

On the subject on shooting looters, does that mean we will shoot those cops who were looting too? Not to mention all that crap they take will be useless since they have no power. When they leave the area they will not be able to take it with him.

TGY
                  Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

DJack16, normally I refrain from getting into ****ing contests, but let me straighten this out.

1)No one is advocating shooting people who are taking food...the ones I want shot are the ones who took GUNS and are running around like they own the city now and are impeding the rescue efforts.

2)I'm not an idiot, and after dealing with similar types of people since you were in diapers, I think I have a more informed perspective than you on how to deal with these "people", as do many others who post here. You need to wake up and realize that you aren't playing games here, this is deadly serious business, and the longer the thugs are able to subvert the rescue operations the more truely innocent people will die.
                    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

1. Shooting violent gun thieves? Power to them on that one.
                      2. Fine. I was out of line calling some folks idiots. Who the hell said anything about games though? This type of condescension is right along that of playing the age-card. I don't really have a problem taking care of the thugs you are talking about. I recently saw two inaccurate news reports identifying several people as looters when they were retrieving food so it got me heated. This situation has VERY high tensions right now.

If the a-holes you referred to are the violent thugs you were talking about then I am in agreement. Shooting looters taking a bag of stuff from 7/11 is not gonna fly though.
                      -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

I don't think any right thinking individual in here would support shooting starving people.

As far as the age reference, it is valid. You will see as you get older that you will become less and less tolerant of those who leech off the taxpayers, commit crimes, and generally live like animals.

If you enter into this profession, that will likely just speed up that realization.

This incident has aroused alot of emotion in everyone, as it should. Most of the anger in this thread is a product of people who are committed to making things right, but are powerless to do anything about what we are hearing and seeing on TV. It is frustrating beyond words.

But in the end, this is all about friendly debate.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

This is a big issue on another board I belong too. As far as I found out the term "Martial Law" doesn't exist in LA. However the governer has declared a state of emergency in the area of New Orleans and so forth which does give her the right by law to suspend civil rights.

Here is a link explaing that:

http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchas...litary-law.php

Now I am all for cleaning up the city and what not, Shoot looters, shoot people comitting violent crimes and such ok. But unfortunately the military cannot get involved except to provide relief efforts and such. Without "MARTIAL LAW" imposed by the President the US military cannot intervene and provide LE assistance, for it violates the POsse Committatus Act. Now since that does not exist in LA vocabulary then the military cannot assist LEO's in restoring order. I would also like to point out that almost the same thing happened in Los Angeles twice and order was restored without excessive shootings and the like. Now granted there wasn't all the crime skyrocketing then but still, order was restored without looters being shot. Now to use deadly force to stop a murder, rape, or in self defense okay I can see that but shooting to stop looting of material possesions, is a bit extreme. If the National Guard, LAPD, and LASD can restore order in LA without shooting looters so can LEO's and National Guard in NO.
                          Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

I am reminded of Somalia in the similarities watching this unfold on tv.

Doesn't "Martial Law" mean in effect the suspension of "Civil Rights" for the most part? Who can decide that martial law goes into effect, and what does the effect of Martial Law have on untieing the hands of LEO's?

Having been thru HUGO, I am ashamed to say I don't think that issue came up, since we weren't hit nearly as badly and our Ghetto minded population didn't shame us nearly as badly.

Lets not forget that when they export some of these "'Bangers", they may end up anywhere, exporting their brand & style of "'Banging" into areas in which it was previously unknown.

Any thoughts on the amount of population and industries that move out of NO as a result of the long term reconstruction projections? I don't think an industry that could reasonably re-build a similar factory in an undamaged area of the country quicker would have many qualms about moving from an area in which it may take 2 or 3 years to be able to get in line to clean up and rebuild.
                            Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                            --------------------------------------------------
                            Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                            Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

DOOH! Someone was reading my mind!!
                              Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                              Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                              Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6734 users online. 346 members and 6388 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X