Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of LEN assistance for Katrina?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of LEN assistance for Katrina?

Is there a national hotline to offer law enforcement help in Louisiana/Mississippi area? I am a sworn officer and have some vacation time to burn before my anniversary date and I end up losing it.
    Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Honestly, I'm surprised Homeland Security didn't set up something like that after 9/11. What a great idea. A central clearing house for officers to volunteer time and the airlines could give up their empty seats since we good tax paying Americans did bail them out.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

You should work for Homeland Security! Fantastic idea!
      Anyone who believes "the customer is always right" has never been a police officer.

Comment

Ahh, but they don't want good ideas, they are too busy busting guys bringing illegal birds into the country

http://www.internationalparrotletsoc...g/smuggle.html

Originally posted by Kevin_Callahan
        You should work for Homeland Security! Fantastic idea!
        "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Kevin.... re donating time

Kev, hi
          contact FOPDC. They are networking people going down and families of NO officers coming up or wherever.
          [email protected] or go to their website
          www.fop.org (I think)
          Ideas such as the airlines and other are awesome and should be passed along

Comment

From NLEOMF...

If you're a law enforcement officer and you want to help in the areas affected by Katrina, read this message of caution from the Department of Homeland Security:

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) strongly discourages "self-dispatching" of assets, as this practice endangers responders and threatens overall operational control.

In order to ensure a coordinated national response to Hurricane Katrina, DHS is asking that the nation's law enforcement, fire and emergency response communities help us by working through their State Emergency Management Director or state-designated contact for the Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC). If you wish to help and have not already made such contact, please register your response assets and resources with your state's official interstate mutual aid program.

Through EMAC, a disaster-impacted state can request and receive assistance from other member states quickly and efficiently, resolving issues of liability and reimbursement. This is paramount to ensure that our first responders are insulated from unforeseen accidents, injuries and legal actions.

For more information about EMAC: www.emcweb.org
            We do not all come to religion over the wandering years,
            but sooner or later we all get to meet God. -- Edward Conlon

Comment

This was on the FOP's website:

http://www.grandlodgefop.org/letters...fReKatrina.pdf

September 2, 2005
              To Whom It May Concern:
              My agency is presently dealing with what may be the greatest natural
              disaster ever to hit our country. I am writing this letter because I need help
              from the law enforcement community.
              Your mission, should you accept, will be to aid the St. Charles Parish
              Sheriff

Comment

I got an email last night from one of the Colorado Mounted Rangers about a temporary job with a private security company called CIS i believe out of clearwater florida. I don't have the email now as I am at work but they were looking for sworn officers to help protect utility workers so they could get power restored. the contract with the company was until 1 oct at $400.00 per day. The point of contact and contact number was in that email. I will post it when I get home tonight for those interested.

Comment

Heres the email I stated I would post...

[I]
                  NEEDED: Certified law Enforcement Officers for Contract Deployment to Louisiana

Critical Intervention Services, a Clearwater-based security and consulting firm, is actively recruiting certified law enforcement officers for a special deployment in Louisiana in support of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. Officers deployed on this assignment will be protecting staging areas for power restoration teams and utility trucks in the field.

Officers will be billeted in a controlled environment and provided with all operational necessities. Officers are expected to possess current LE certification, personal sidearm, and personal gear. Transportation to the operational area will be provided by CIS.

For information about Critical Intervention Services, please visit our web site: http://www.cisworldservices.org.

Start Date: 9/3/05 (ASAP)

Estimated Duration: Until October 1, 2005

Pay Rate: $400 per day (Day Rate)

Requirements: Current LE certification, personal gear, and personal side arm

Comment

[QUOTE=Mystikal]Heres the email I stated I would post...

[I]
                    NEEDED: Certified law Enforcement Officers for Contract Deployment to Louisiana

Critical Intervention Services, a Clearwater-based security and consulting firm, is actively recruiting certified law enforcement officers for a special deployment in Louisiana in support of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. Officers deployed on this assignment will be protecting staging areas for power restoration teams and utility trucks in the field.

Officers will be billeted in a controlled environment and provided with all operational necessities. Officers are expected to possess current LE certification, personal sidearm, and personal gear. Transportation to the operational area will be provided by CIS.

For information about Critical Intervention Services, please visit our web site: http://www.cisworldservices.org.

Start Date: 9/3/05 (ASAP)

Estimated Duration: Until October 1, 2005

Pay Rate: $400 per day (Day Rate)

Requirements: Current LE certification, personal gear, and personal side arm

Comment

dr. fisher and hurricane katrina

Originally posted by Chaplain Keppy
                      If you're a law enforcement officer and you want to help in the areas affected by Katrina, read this message of caution from the Department of Homeland Security:

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) strongly discourages "self-dispatching" of assets, as this practice endangers responders and threatens overall operational control.

In order to ensure a coordinated national response to Hurricane Katrina, DHS is asking that the nation's law enforcement, fire and emergency response communities help us by working through their State Emergency Management Director or state-designated contact for the Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC). If you wish to help and have not already made such contact, please register your response assets and resources with your state's official interstate mutual aid program.

Through EMAC, a disaster-impacted state can request and receive assistance from other member states quickly and efficiently, resolving issues of liability and reimbursement. This is paramount to ensure that our first responders are insulated from unforeseen accidents, injuries and legal actions.

For more information about EMAC: www.emcweb.org
                      Last september, I attended yet another of Dr. Fisher's workshops for professionals in the field. He's a psychiatrist from Boston and the National Empowerment Center at www.power2u.org.

At that time he was helping to spearhead support for the grieving flooded-out citizens of the gulf coast areas. I'm not sure what his 'acronym' was, but I'm sure that contact with the above listed website would provide info in regards to any further needs that may still be in the areas of emotional/spiritual/psychological wellness of the victims...gopher

Comment

1-504-821-2222
                        Chief's Office, Warren Riley. Joseph.

Got this from previous threads, though people may need it.

Comment

Contact Robert Latham Emergency Management Director for Mississippi. http://www.msema.org

Comment

Originally posted by pkagel
                            Ahh, but they don't want good ideas, they are too busy busting guys bringing illegal birds into the country

http://www.internationalparrotletsoc...g/smuggle.html

You missed the most important part - the date.

NEWS RELEASE
                            U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
                            May 29, 1998

Comment

So Kevin - did you ever go?

Since your original post was from Sept, when was your use or lose date?
                              Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4653 users online. 255 members and 4398 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X