300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officers Looting Store???

I just saw a video on MSNBC of what appeared to be two Louisiana Police Officers taking part in the looting of a store. The officers were pushing a shopping cart loaded with items thru the shoe section of a dept. store where looting was taking place. When the reporter questioned them about what they were doing they stated that they were attempting to stop the looting. But it sure as hell looked to me like they were helping themselves.
    Anyone else see this bit of video?
    Be sure you're right, then go ahead
    Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
    If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Looked like they were trying to protect those items by keeping it with them..........
    Not surprsied NO is/was one of the most corrupt departments nation wide.

TGY
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

New Orleans has always had issues. They don't get paid squat. With everything they have going on now, and probably wondering if they will even get paid, it wouldn't surprise me if they were looting.

But shoes????

Just from what I've seen on TV, I'm sure there's a feeling of absolute hopelessness and a WTF attitude. This whole thing would seem almost insurmountable to most of us if that was our city. I still don't condone thievery, especially from coppers, but then, my house isn't under 20 feet of water.
      Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

I saw that two guys telling people that they had to do what they had to do to survive. Then the broadcaster report (I didn't see it) that the police "looted" the of food, water, formula, and diapers to take to stranded people in another area of the city.

I may have seen another news clip and not the one you are talking about.

Comment

Even a cop joins in the looting
          Mike Perlstein and Brian Thevenot
          Staff writers

Law enforcement efforts to contain the emergency left by Katrina slipped into chaos in parts of New Orleans Tuesday with some police officers and firefighters joining looters in picking stores clean.

At the Wal-Mart on Tchoupitoulas Street, an initial effort to hand out provisions to stranded citizens quickly disintegrated into mass looting. Authorities at the scene said bedlam erupted after the giveaway was announced over the radio.

While many people carried out food and essential supplies, others cleared out jewelry racks and carted out computers, TVs and appliances on handtrucks.

Some officers joined in taking whatever they could, including one New Orleans cop who loaded a shopping cart with a compact computer and a 27-inch flat screen television.

Officers claimed there was nothing they could do to contain the anarchy, saying their radio communications have broken down and they had no direction from commanders.

Comment

Yeah, I saw the video. They did appear to be looting along with other 'citizens' in the store and the two fat asses didn't look like they were in distress to me. Whats worse is the phone interview on Fox with the LA Attorney General who sounded like he condoned the looting, saying that they probably were practicing self preservation, even though he was told that the looters were shown mostly taking non food/drink items, cause it looked like everything but the food had been taken. I was more interested in seeing the sporting goods section and I hope that the Walmart had enough sense to remove the firearms to a secure location prior to the evacuation, I doubt it though. It was also reported that a precinct came under fire by at least two thugs armed with semi-auto rifles and in another incident an officer was shot in the face by looters.
            The liberal politician has the only job where they go to the office to work for everyone but those who pay their salary.

Comment

Well, I hope that computer and TV were worth losing a career over.

What's next - car jacking?

No excuses for that; food, water, and baby supplies, are one thing. But TVs? Come on, no excuse.

Comment

Do they even have power to run those TV's?

Comment

Welcome to the wonderful world of lowered standards and continual excuse making.

This is frontline evidence that we should never lower standards to fill positions.

This goes beyond police work, it includes teachers, doctors, lawyers, politicians, any and all of the professions where character is crucial.

Comment

May God help them all for what they are going through....

But...saddly another example of the lack of self-responsibility and accountability.
                    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
                      I saw that two guys telling people that they had to do what they had to do to survive. Then the broadcaster report (I didn't see it) that the police "looted" the of food, water, formula, and diapers to take to stranded people in another area of the city.

I may have seen another news clip and not the one you are talking about.
                      What I saw was two female officers, and I didn't see any food, formula, water or diapers in the cart they were pushing.
                      Be sure you're right, then go ahead
                      Davy Crockett

Never pick a fight with an old man.
                      If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you

PM me if you wanna swap patches.

Comment

From what I have read on NOLA.com; All the guns at Wal Mart were stolen.They have gangs of armed, scared criminals roaming the flooded streets of New Orleans.The Shelter at the Superdome is filled with evacuated citizens; the majority of which are probably criminals......sorry to judge. This is New Orleans we are talking about. There is not A/C, no working toilet........its a mess. If this isnt a modern day horror tale; I dont know what is.

I saw some footage of looting taking place and people were pushing display racks and display coolers out in flooded water......the cops have not been instructed to do anything and are trying to stop them, but cant. People are taking what they need, but also taking make-up, jewelry......stuff they dont need but have an opportunity to get free. The cops who arent joining in are simply trying to stay alive and help the ones who want help.....Its crazy and it will only get worse.

My husband, who grew up on the North Shore described it in one word,
                        "Disgraceful"

Comment

Its anarchy and rampant looting/violence and now arson in some parts of New Orleans according to WNBC.

And im sure it will get worse ... I wouldent be suprised if we have full fledged rioting inside the Superdome stadium before this is over.

Comment

Originally posted by pawncop
                            Welcome to the wonderful world of lowered standards and continual excuse making...This is frontline evidence that we should never lower standards to fill positions.
                            Just wait 'til coverage of the NYC blackout of 06, showing a Jihad tatoo pushing around a shopping cart with a uniformed midget in the child seat...
                            No longer ignoring anybody here, since that psycho known as "Josey Wales" finally got the boot after being outed as a LE imposter by B&G978. Nice job.

Comment

ProWriter is right. Wait till the massive power blackouts from the remnants of the store, and the spike in gas prices hits 4-5 dollars a gallon.

I hope FEMA is listening, because they're the people supposed respond to a national emergency. And its coming.

I wonder how high Lake New Orleans will end up being. I've heard 80 percent of the sub-sea-level city is under water. EMS and Fire having to move dead bodies to get to living ones. Mass chaos.

And now looting.

Someone needs to deploy the national guard and lock that city down. Where is FEMA and the national guard?
                              N. A. Corbier
                              Moderator, SecurityInfoWatch Forums
                              Visiting Commando Leader

If you work in private security, feel free to register on Officer.com's sister site for security, forums.securityinfowatch.com

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3004 users online. 143 members and 2861 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X