300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado Damage Assistance

Would any of you first responders, particularly in the Alabama area, but in any of the states affected by these recent storms be able to recommend the most credible links or organizations for donations. It looks like Tuscalooska emergency organizations most devastated. Would like to be able to spread donor information.

Check in with your local Red Cross first. Often times they will be coordinating with the state emergency managemnt folks and will have first hand knowledge of what is needed and where. My husband works for our state EM and coordinates with all the folks who provide assistance. He will not take calls from the general public asking where they can help.

If you don't want to contact your local Red Cross check the websites of your local news channels, they usually have links set up for you to donate goods/time/money.

Comment

Originally posted by PaxSR9 View Post
      Check in with your local Red Cross first. Often times they will be coordinating with the state emergency managemnt folks and will have first hand knowledge of what is needed and where. My husband works for our state EM and coordinates with all the folks who provide assistance. He will not take calls from the general public asking where they can help.

If you don't want to contact your local Red Cross check the websites of your local news channels, they usually have links set up for you to donate goods/time/money.
      Roger, thanks Pax. Good info, especially given your husband's insight. I guess Red Cross continues to be the best point.

Comment

Emma, I know this guy personally, he will definitely get any and all resources to the right people.

I'm activated as one of the Chaplains with sbout 200 Soldiers here from all over the State. Their tasks are SEARCH & RESCUE, and to serve as MP's along side local Law Enforcement to stop looting and secure damaged areas. They're working 24/7 in 12-hour Shifts. We are in need of cases of bottled water, and snackfoods. If you would like to donate some of these items please respond on FB, or email me at [email protected] or call or text me at # (205)-393-7650 Thanks in advance, and God bless!
        It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
        Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by oneoldcop View Post
          Emma, I know this guy personally, he will definitely get any and all resources to the right people.

I'm activated as one of the Chaplains with sbout 200 Soldiers here from all over the State. Their tasks are SEARCH & RESCUE, and to serve as MP's along side local Law Enforcement to stop looting and secure damaged areas. They're working 24/7 in 12-hour Shifts. We are in need of cases of bottled water, and snackfoods. If you would like to donate some of these items please respond on FB, or email me at [email protected] or call or text me at # (205)-393-7650 Thanks in advance, and God bless!
          Oneoldcop, this is outstanding. Now, from a logistics standpoint, I live up in N. Va and I'm wondering if you're looking for the water and food directly, or can you take money? I know we had destruction here in Virginia, but I'd really like to target the Tuscaloosa area if possible.

Comment

David, I just sent you an email on your gmail account.

Comment

...it doesn't have to be Tuscalooska btw......

Comment

Sorry about the confusion, OOC....I was able to connect with the Chaplain. Thank ya, Sir.

Comment

From a logistical standpoint, always give money $$$$$$.
                  "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
                    From a logistical standpoint, always give money $$$$$$.
                    Thx, GIrishman, that's what the Chaplain and I are thinkin' at this point. I was just hoping to cut through the red tape and see how fast I could get it to the field. As good as Red Cross is, it's still a big bureaucracy and oneoldcop gave me the perfect lead.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6320 users online. 349 members and 5971 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X