Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infragard: For infrastructure collaboration

Hello everyone..

Critical Infrastructure is an emerging part of security and becoming a big topic. This is an information sharing site and is affiliated with the FBI..

http://www.infragard.net/
    Last edited by Stpn2me; 03-29-2011, 07:53 AM. Reason: The URL was bad, Sorry :)

I started applying in Sept. 2009, and got approved in mid-April 2010. So far, I'm unimpressed.

The state chapter sent me one message in 09/09 saying they were processing my application. "We usually have your account active within 24 hours of receiving your application." More than a month later, I received an identical message. Since being approved for membership by the national organization, I've gotten nothing from the state level.
    The guy who told me about it said "it’s a quiet group, but might make for some good contacts if you ever need them." Okay; maybe if I can find them.

Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but all the emails and (Web) newsletters from the national level seem to be about various conferences, meetings, and seminars/Webinars and who attended same. (Meaning "had their expenses paid by their employer so they could attend.") I have yet to see any information that the average emergency management/infrastructure protection "foot soldier" could use.
    --
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

I was a member for about a year, you can subscribe to their newsletter. Once you do so, you will be bombarded with opensource news articles concerning the areas that you subscribe to. It was a few years ago, so I dont remember how to do it. It was a good cross talk tool, keeping you informed of "happenings" from across the US.

Comment

Sorry about your experience RR,

It was offered to the military community on one of my IT forums and I thought it would be good to offer here. If you need me to look into something for you, I will be glad too....

Comment

I appreciate that, but maybe if my state chapter has a site, I'll check there and see if there's any activity. I think I might have made an introductory post on a forum somewhere, too. Maybe everyone there is just staying low-profile.
          I've been busy with a lot of other stuff lately, anyway.
          --
          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

I was a member for a while. At first I was denied membership because I was considered "non-police" and had no right to information because I worked for the Fire Department. I had to contact the local FBI office and prove to them that I was a Fire Marshal with a police academy certificate and qualifications and then I was accepted.

After I gained access to the site, I was disappointed at the lack of information.

Comment

seems kinda big brother to me...

Comment

Mostly hooples!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4018 users online. 237 members and 3781 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X