X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLETfun
    replied
    Originally posted by GWBJR
    There are junkies all over, including one who wants to be the first lady. And dont tell me there is a pregnancy also somewhere in the mix. It seems the roles have been reversed, conservative don't do drugs, and most certainly have a minor child pregnant without marraige. The new look of the GOP?

Seriously if the only thing they have on her is this I think they need to try again ,how many families do you think this HAS NOT happened to in America? I find it very laughable that people see it fine for 17 year olds to go into the military and get shot ,BUT if that 17 year old get's pregnant it is such a sin. Then they want to point fingers at the mother because the daughter is so shamefully pregnant ,BUT they fail to think if she is old and mature enough to serve this country why is'nt she old and mature enough to be a mom?

Besides ,take a poll and ask everyone age 30 up what age they were when they first had sex, then see how many of those led to a child. It's funny though ,a parent who has a 17 year old daughter that is pregnant and that parent is proud and supportive or someone who has a shady past and admitted cocaine usage?

Last edited by BLETfun; 09-03-2008, 03:18 AM. Reason: 1

Leave a comment:

• Ralph8119
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Irespire
    replied
    I'm not at all concerned whether Obama has used cocaine in the past. Shouldn't make a difference. That said, I don't care for him because he's essentially just another lame politician. But he should be a few grades up from Bush, to say the least.

Leave a comment:

• BLETfun
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralph8119 View Post
    Tell me what's you're source on you're Fox News accusation?
    I'm stuck here suffering having too watch CNN, no Fox news, please don't tell me about being one sided I see it every day on t.v.
    Oh come on Ralph ,you know it is only Fox News thats one sided. Get this though ,they are siding with McCain. Hmm seems the Fox News name drop was just an accident?

Leave a comment:

• Ralph8119
    replied
    Originally posted by Jayc6018 View Post
    I'm no Obama junkie and frankly the GOP and the Dems don't have anybody that is solid to lead this country.

But you have to admit the media is very reckless especially fox news. They just put false accusations out there with no credible sources what so ever.
    Tell me what's you're source on you're Fox News accusation?
    I'm stuck here suffering having too watch CNN, no Fox news, please don't tell me about being one sided I see it every day on t.v.

Leave a comment:

• BLETfun
    replied
    I'm no Obama junkie and frankly the GOP and the Dems don't have anybody that is solid to lead this country.

But you have to admit the media is very reckless especially fox news. They just put false accusations out there with no credible sources what so ever.
    Kind of like putting Goofy and Homer Simpson in a race for the Presidency IMHO.

That would be opinion and hearsay? Freedom of press ,gotta love it.

Leave a comment:

• Migraman
    replied
    Originally posted by VA Dutch View Post

Another part of the movie has the Russian & Cuban officers trying to find purchase records from the local gun shop -- so as to find registered firearms owners in the town. They want to be able to know "who has guns" - no surprise there!

I missed that line when I originally saw the movie in the theater, but caught it when I viewed it on DVD several months ago.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
    Not to mention that Patrick Swayze's father in the movie was executed for aiding partisans when there was an inconsistancy between his store records and actual inventory.

Leave a comment:

• Jayc6018
    replied
    Originally posted by BLETfun View Post
    You know Ralph no matter how solid your info youre always going to have the Obama junkies to contend with!

Leave a comment:

• Jayc6018
    replied
    No heck I was sitting here scratching my butt and made it up just now!
    Look It Up Troll!
    So now I'm a troll because I asked for a link? how immature of you. If you are going to provide info on a subject the least you can do is provide the link or some sort of reference to back up your point.

You have a good day.

Leave a comment:

• VA Dutch
    replied
    Originally posted by Migraman View Post

Just watched "Red Dawn" again a few weeks ago. Something I never noticed when I watched it as a kid, pay attention to the scene in the town where the Cuban colonel is talking to the Russian general. A Cuban soldier runs up to the Colonel and gives him a situation report on the status of the town. Note that the soldier giving the briefing is dressed as a day laborer who was presumably living in the town well in advance of the invasion.

Later in the movie when Powers Booth is explaining to the kids how the war had kicked off he makes reference to infiltrators that crossed the border and sabotaged military bases.

Another part of the movie has the Russian & Cuban officers trying to find purchase records from the local gun shop -- so as to find registered firearms owners in the town. They want to be able to know "who has guns" - no surprise there!

I missed that line when I originally saw the movie in the theater, but caught it when I viewed it on DVD several months ago.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Leave a comment:

• BLETfun
    replied
    You know Ralph no matter how solid your info youre always going to have the Obama junkies to contend with!

Leave a comment:

• Ralph8119
    replied
    Sounds good but let me ask you what was your source? can you provide a link? copying and pasting and taking one's word for it doesn't work in this day and age.
    No heck I was sitting here scratching my butt and made it up just now!
    Look It Up Troll!

Leave a comment:

• Jayc6018
    replied
    Biden maybe, Obama, do some checking he's very friendly with William Ayers,
    Ayers, 63, spent 10 years as a fugitive in the 1970s when he was part of the "Weather Underground," an anti-Vietnam War group that protested U.S. policies by bombing the Pentagon, U.S. Capitol and a string of other government buildings. Nobody was hurt in the attacks by the defunct organization, which the FBI labeled a "domestic terrorist group."

Today, Ayers and his wife -- fellow former Weather Underground fugitive Bernardine Dohrn -- live in Hyde Park, where they moved after surrendering in 1980. Federal charges against the two were dropped because of improper surveillance, so they avoided prison.

Ayers and Dohrn have raised two sons of their own and adopted a third boy whose parents were Weather Underground members who went to prison. They've built stellar reputations as professors: Dohrn at Northwestern's law school, Ayers as an education professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Along the way, they met a rising political star named Barack Obama, who lived in their neighborhood.

The Ayers-Obama relationship became a hot topic in Wednesday's Democratic presidential debate. It is "an issue certainly Republicans will be raising" should Obama be the Democratic nominee for president, Obama rival Hillary Clinton said.

In the mid-1990s, Ayers and Dohrn hosted a meet-and-greet at their house to introduce Obama to their neighbors during his first run for the Illinois Senate. In 2001, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's campaign. Ayers also served alongside Obama between December 1999 and December 2002 on the board of the not-for-profit Woods Fund of Chicago. That board met four times a year, and members would see each other at occasional dinners the group hosted.

Reached by the Sun-Times on her cell phone, Dohrn declined to comment. Ayers, who was traveling, did not return messages.

But friends like Chicago political strategist Marilyn Katz said Ayers should not be a campaign issue.

Katz met Ayers when he was 17 and they were members of Students for a Democratic Society, a peaceful group from which the Weather Underground splintered. She noted Ayers' work with Mayor Daley to overhaul the Chicago Public Schools and likened him to Black Panther-turned-U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush.

"What Bill Ayers and Bobby Rush ... did 40 years ago has nothing to do with" the presidential campaign, Katz said. Ayers "has a national reputation. He lectures at Harvard and Vassar. He writes the textbooks that are the standard for innovative approaches to reaching inner-city youth."

Ayers, a Glen Ellyn native who became active in SDS while attending the University of Michigan, is the son of late Commonwealth Edison CEO Thomas G. Ayers. Ayers has praised his dad for standing by him while he was on the lam.

A book Ayers penned about those years, Fugitive Days, landed him in hot water on Sept. 11, 2001. That morning, the New York Times ran a story about the book in which Ayers said, "I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough." Ayers' statement was made before the World Trade Center attacks, but its timing led some to believe it was in response. "My book is in fact a condemnation of terrorism in all its forms -- individual, group and official," Ayers later said in a letter to the Chicago Tribune.

Ayers has a Web site, billayers.org, in which he blogs about politics and other subjects. He lets friends and foes post comments.

In response to an Ayers posting, "End the War," a reader wrote, "You are an anti-American communist and a terrorist. I hope you get what you deserve over and over and over."
    They say you sleep with dogs, you wake up with flees!
    Sounds good but let me ask you what was your source? can you provide a link? copying and pasting and taking one's word for it doesn't work in this day and age.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph8119
    replied
    Thats funny last I checked Obama and Biden are very LE friendly.
    Biden maybe, Obama, do some checking he's very friendly with William Ayers,
    Ayers, 63, spent 10 years as a fugitive in the 1970s when he was part of the "Weather Underground," an anti-Vietnam War group that protested U.S. policies by bombing the Pentagon, U.S. Capitol and a string of other government buildings. Nobody was hurt in the attacks by the defunct organization, which the FBI labeled a "domestic terrorist group."

Today, Ayers and his wife -- fellow former Weather Underground fugitive Bernardine Dohrn -- live in Hyde Park, where they moved after surrendering in 1980. Federal charges against the two were dropped because of improper surveillance, so they avoided prison.

Ayers and Dohrn have raised two sons of their own and adopted a third boy whose parents were Weather Underground members who went to prison. They've built stellar reputations as professors: Dohrn at Northwestern's law school, Ayers as an education professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Along the way, they met a rising political star named Barack Obama, who lived in their neighborhood.

The Ayers-Obama relationship became a hot topic in Wednesday's Democratic presidential debate. It is "an issue certainly Republicans will be raising" should Obama be the Democratic nominee for president, Obama rival Hillary Clinton said.

In the mid-1990s, Ayers and Dohrn hosted a meet-and-greet at their house to introduce Obama to their neighbors during his first run for the Illinois Senate. In 2001, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's campaign. Ayers also served alongside Obama between December 1999 and December 2002 on the board of the not-for-profit Woods Fund of Chicago. That board met four times a year, and members would see each other at occasional dinners the group hosted.

Reached by the Sun-Times on her cell phone, Dohrn declined to comment. Ayers, who was traveling, did not return messages.

But friends like Chicago political strategist Marilyn Katz said Ayers should not be a campaign issue.

Katz met Ayers when he was 17 and they were members of Students for a Democratic Society, a peaceful group from which the Weather Underground splintered. She noted Ayers' work with Mayor Daley to overhaul the Chicago Public Schools and likened him to Black Panther-turned-U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush.

"What Bill Ayers and Bobby Rush ... did 40 years ago has nothing to do with" the presidential campaign, Katz said. Ayers "has a national reputation. He lectures at Harvard and Vassar. He writes the textbooks that are the standard for innovative approaches to reaching inner-city youth."

Ayers, a Glen Ellyn native who became active in SDS while attending the University of Michigan, is the son of late Commonwealth Edison CEO Thomas G. Ayers. Ayers has praised his dad for standing by him while he was on the lam.

A book Ayers penned about those years, Fugitive Days, landed him in hot water on Sept. 11, 2001. That morning, the New York Times ran a story about the book in which Ayers said, "I don't regret setting bombs. I feel we didn't do enough." Ayers' statement was made before the World Trade Center attacks, but its timing led some to believe it was in response. "My book is in fact a condemnation of terrorism in all its forms -- individual, group and official," Ayers later said in a letter to the Chicago Tribune.

Ayers has a Web site, billayers.org, in which he blogs about politics and other subjects. He lets friends and foes post comments.

In response to an Ayers posting, "End the War," a reader wrote, "You are an anti-American communist and a terrorist. I hope you get what you deserve over and over and over."
    They say you sleep with dogs, you wake up with flees!

Leave a comment:

• Jayc6018
    replied
    Thats funny last I checked Obama and Biden are very LE friendly.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4575 users online. 281 members and 4294 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X