X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texaschickeee
    replied
    thanks..
    your right, if you can't afford it, and horses cost ALOT of cash, and need to be exercised. so its not just a money thing...its a time thing too.

Leave a comment:

• FowlFriend
    replied
    Here is the story from the Chicago Tribune. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4103567.story

A former bodyguard for Chicago Mayor Harold Washington faces felony animal abuse charges after police found his horses malnourished and shuttered up in filthy stalls at his stable in unincorporated Bloom Township, authorities said.

Two of the four horses owned by Frank Lee, 67, of the 3500 block of West Adams Street in Chicago were so poorly kept that they were later euthanized by authorities, the Cook County sheriff's office said.

Lee, a retired Chicago police officer, was charged Monday with four counts of felony aggravated animal abuse, as was the stable's manager, Donnie Edwards, 62, of the 1600 block of East 87th Place.

Lee once worked as the personal security guard for Washington, sources familiar with the case said.

Abused horses seized from stable Video On July 28, members of the sheriff's special operations unit raided the Bar L Equitation, 1965 Glenwood-Lansing Rd., near Lansing, where they found the horses standing in stalls filled with more than 2 feet of manure, authorities said.

The horses were underweight, and their hooves were overgrown and bleeding, authorities said.

One of the animals euthanized had hooves so long that they curled upward, authorities said, and video of the raid showed the animal could barely walk.

Eleven other horses boarded by their owners at the stables were in good condition, authorities said.
    It sounds terrible but I've seen much worse horse abuse cases. If you can't properly care for the animal then don't have one. Horses are not cheap.

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    replied
    the link..its a video

Leave a comment:

• texaschickeee
    started a topic retired cop accused of animal abuse

retired cop accused of animal abuse

News | WGNTV.com | WGN TV | Chicago's CWFormer Chicago cop charged with animal abuse after horse stable raided. More WGN News Stories. O'Hare expansion ruling · O'Hare expansion ruling ...
    wgntv.trb.com/news/

I saw this last night, its out of Chicago. It was a really sad story, the hose were in stales behind about 3 feet of crap.
    The shoes either curled up or looked like slippers, they were so scared over just walking out....

one already had to be put down due to injury including scraps from a nail.

I hope He really didnt have anyting to do with it. Its a black eye if he did.

(and to anyone that know computer help. my computer is acting up, wont load right and says I have no virtail memeory??? )
    Last edited by texaschickeee; 08-07-2008, 09:19 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2780 users online. 150 members and 2630 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X