300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• law for harrassing phone calls

Here's the thing. I'm sure some of yall have gotten them as well. But I get harrasssing phone calls from a company telling me about my car warrenty being expired blah blah blah. These people are con artists. There based in hollywood cali. I live in florida what legal action can I take against them and what laws are they breaking. And under who's jurisdiction do they fall under fl or cali?

The number is 323 581 3046.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

https://www.donotcall.gov/
    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

The best thing to do is change your number, then register on the above link. If you want to go after them, record (you telling them never to call again) and document the calls and see if the courthouse will issue a warrant. Police do not investigate these matter's. It is a misdemeanor, and if you call the police, you will most likely be referred to state attorneys office or phone company.
      Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

I had them calling here for a good while, but I decided to "play with them" where when I finally got to a human voice I'd ask them "what vehicle are you showing, I have 4" then they hang up. I haven't heard from them in a good while now.
        I am a Native American of non-Indian decent.

Cleaning the pool, one gene at a time.

I'm on a 30 day diet. So far I've lost 15 days!

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
          Useless against the scammers.

Comment

Apparently you are not alone.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-323-581-3046

http://whocalled.us/lookup/3235813046

http://www.callercomplaints.com/Sear...e=323-581-3046
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Caller I.D. is the best!! If there's a number I don't recognize or an "unknown number" "unknown name", "private name", "private number" I let the answering machine get it. If it's important they'll leave a message.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunkle View Post
                I had them calling here for a good while, but I decided to "play with them" where when I finally got to a human voice I'd ask them "what vehicle are you showing, I have 4" then they hang up. I haven't heard from them in a good while now.
                I like to screw with them too. I will ask them thier name and then repeatedly ask them to spell it. If that does not work, I start trying to sell THEM stuff!
                It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

Ot

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
                  Apparently you are not alone.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-323-581-3046
                  the exchange on this one is hilarious!
                  Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.

Comment

Originally posted by ten-ninetyseven View Post
                    Caller I.D. is the best!! If there's a number I don't recognize or an "unknown number" "unknown name", "private name", "private number" I let the answering machine get it. If it's important they'll leave a message.

Except when you call the police and only want a "landline contact" to report your lawnmower stolen. You don't give dispatch your adress, and when I try to call you from my personal cell phone (don't have time to go back to the station for each of these calls), you don't answer because my line is blocked. Then you call my department in 2 days and complain because "no one helped you..."

I'm not unblocking or giving out my number to anyone. A friend did once and became someone's "personal cop" for 3 months....
                    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
                    --Winston Churchill--

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSheriff View Post
                      Except when you call the police and only want a "landline contact" to report your lawnmower stolen. You don't give dispatch your adress, and when I try to call you from my personal cell phone (don't have time to go back to the station for each of these calls), you don't answer because my line is blocked. Then you call my department in 2 days and complain because "no one helped you..."

I'm not unblocking or giving out my number to anyone. A friend did once and became someone's "personal cop" for 3 months....
                      Our sergeants get that periodically. If it is not urgent, they have dispatch call the R/P back and tell them the sergeant can't get through because they have call blocking and will try to get back to them when they can. If it is really urgent, the sergeant will telephone dispatch from his cell. Its a minor PITA, but dispatch is equipped to transfer the sergeant to another number and then drop off, or stay on and record the call. That way the R/P only gets dispatch's public number as the caller ID.
                      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

One thing I make sure I do when useing my personal cell phone for work is block my number. A few times I slip and forgot. Two of the times I had the 'complainants' calling my cell phone for months about issues they were having. Not cool when you accidently answer it while your enjoying your day off and in the middle of something with friends or family.

Comment

Kind of ironic that the first one has extended warranty sponsors on it.
                          Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by DeputySC View Post
                            One thing I make sure I do when useing my personal cell phone for work is block my number. A few times I slip and forgot. Two of the times I had the 'complainants' calling my cell phone for months about issues they were having. Not cool when you accidently answer it while your enjoying your day off and in the middle of something with friends or family.
                            I don't want to publish the details on how to set Subscriber Name Information and suppress or change the number, but you can get permission to do it for LE purposes. That way your cell phone can send "Police" or "City of ...", with the department's number or some other number or no number, on the Caller ID.

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/callerid.html

Regards,

Monty

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5900 users online. 323 members and 5577 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X