300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile GPS unit for the laptop question

A few months back there was a thread titled GPS. There was comparison between many. Someone suggested that the current best one was a program for a laptop which did not require any paid service contracts. The pros were a large computer screen and easier to handle/manage. I can not remember the name of the program but do remember that it cost between $100 and $200. If anyone can remember please let me know asap. I have tried to research it and even go back and look thru the threads. I could not find any of them. Thanks for your help!

Our GPS is built into the computer unit, which has everything inside.
    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

I think there is a google earth add on that will do something like that. It basically traces your signal back from there website to where you are connected. I could be wrong though and thinking of something diffrent. If you use firefox try looking for a attachment for firefox that is a gps type thing. You will be suprised what kinda widgets they have.
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

http://www.thegpsstore.com/DeLorme-E...ibmbGPIVTJGwQt

There are many programs that come with the USP GPS receiver. Off hand I know Staples has a program like this they sell in their store for under $150. I'm sure Best Buy would have a program like this.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

I run Microsoft Streets & Trips w/GPS and its pretty good and realitvely cheap (GPS and Software for about $70).

I don't like that it wont find street names if spelled incorrectly... and I suck at spelling some of these crazy names we have here!
            ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

I would recommend Delorme Street Atlas and any well rated USB GPS unit. It is really very simple and many programs out there offer turn by turn navigation. I have used both Microsoft Street and Trips, and Delorme. In my experience Delorme had more new streets which Microsoft Streets and Trips didn't see. Delorme was also easier to use and easier to actually use for turn-by-turn directions. As chisox3 said, www.thegpsstore.com is a great website for your GPS needs...

Comment

All of the info, both threads and pm's was very helpful. Thanks to all!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4928 users online. 249 members and 4679 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X