Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PB3021
    replied
    Then should we be posting soldiers along the boder to prevent an incursion? I'm sure that'd be a manpower nightmare...

Leave a comment:

• quannj
    replied
    Originally posted by L-1 View Post
    For your amusement, here are copies of some of the detailed, Homeland Security reports on those incursions. (Take your blood pressure meds before reading.)

http://www.judicialwatch.org/archive...sionReport.pdf

http://www.judicialwatch.org/files/2...onDocsFY05.pdf

i just finish reading them...cant believe our gov can be so naive..278 damn sightings, m-16's being pointed @ agents with easy to read US BORDER PATROL BADGES....

and thats just the events we know about, lord knows how many tons of narco these "people" have brought over....

i also find it interesting that u dont hear anything about the fence or the reform that was suspose to be taking place

Leave a comment:

• L-1
    replied
    Originally posted by velobard View Post
    That's been going on a LOT longer than 8 years!
    For your amusement, here are copies of some of the detailed, Homeland Security reports on those incursions. (Take your blood pressure meds before reading.)

http://www.judicialwatch.org/files/2...onDocsFY05.pdf

Leave a comment:

• PB3021
    replied
    Absolutely, we got attacked under Clinton also, so the bad guys don't care who vote for...

Leave a comment:

• velobard
    replied
    Sounds like a good quote. Ironically, after reading your post I was just thinking about the Iran hostage crisis. Carter was the polar opposite from Bush on foreign affairs, but he still managed to tick off a number of people and get us into a mess.

Bush hasn't made us many friends, but frankly I don't have too much respect some of those countries anyway, not to mention the U.N. People around the world will find something to despise about any president we could possibly have.

Leave a comment:

• PB3021
    replied
    True, but you know how some hope it's because of W. There's that dream some people still have, if we're just nice enough to everyone, they'll like us. Our true allies are still our allies. I think it was Stalin, maybe Lenin, but in the early days of the Soviet Union one of the leaders stated to the effect, There are those who wish for peace so badly, they will buy the rope from us which we will then use to hang them...I'll have to research that and get the right details.

Leave a comment:

• velobard
    replied
    Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
    And here's another thing; I've heard statements how we have not been popular with europe or the rest of the world for the past 8 yrs.
    That's been going on a LOT longer than 8 years!

Leave a comment:

• PB3021
    replied
    I realize the following question could be the start of a new thread or even a website, but;

Why is the U.S. everyone's punching bag? We seemingly support ever other nation out there. The U.N. exists because of our support, financially, militarily and diplomatically. France, only example I can think of right now does whatever they wish, whenever they wish, tells others to buzz off, yet reserves the right to criticize us when we don't seek their or the UN's approval. By the way, check out the members of the UN Security Council. At least 2 members are not friendly gov't's, to their own people. But I'm getting off track; This incursion is a perfect example. Mexican troops apparently wander in and out of the US, point weapons at a Federal Officer and go home, no big deal.

I really don't believe they were just "visiting". After reading the previous posts here, I had no idea this went on as often as it does, it would follow they were operating in an illegal manner. Protection for drug runners? illegal immigrants? Bootleg Corona? Who the hell knows, but what gets me is, it does'nt seem we care enough to find out. I'm growing weary of hearing how we're rascist or dscriminatory because we want to enact and/or enforce laws most other industrialized nations have, namely immigration laws.

We have been the world's cop for nearly a century, the world's building and loan and moral supportor for just as long. And here's another thing; I've heard statements how we have not been popular with europe or the rest of the world for the past 8 yrs. They've still take our money, still come to visit, still benefit from our actions, except maybe for France, Germany and Russia who were against going into Irag due to commercial links with Saddam. If the US was not or ceased to be the leader in most catagories, there would more violence and war than there is now. Many countries would not be the world fiscal and trade leaders they are now. They don't like Americans because we invaded a country run by a brutal dictator? What kind of countries do they like? I know, big rich ones that give money with no strings attached and make political decisions and select candidates based on what they, a foriegn nation, think.

Sorry if I've hijacked this thread. It was unintentional. Send me to Mexico, at least I can get back in from that border.

Leave a comment:

• velobard
    replied
    Originally posted by quannj View Post
    But I've Also Read About This Johnny Sutton (HE HAS TO BE IN SOMEONES POCKET)..sounds Like Bpa's Are Screwed @ Least Until Bush Gets The HELL Out Of OffICE
    Do you really think that either of the presidential candidates are going to crack down harder on this problem than Bush? That's one of my gripes about our choices this year.

Leave a comment:

• quannj
    replied
    You Know I Read More And More About SCARY SH&T Like This,wtf I'm I Susposed To Do, All New Recuits Are Sent To The Southwest To Deal With Things Like That, But I've Also Read About This Johnny Sutton (HE HAS TO BE IN SOMEONES POCKET)..sounds Like Bpa's Are Screwed @ Least Until Bush Gets The HELL Out Of OffICE
    Last edited by quannj; 08-10-2008, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BEK320
    replied
    I feel for anyone who is in the an Agent on the border. I dont know how they keep getting recruits. Your government will rather cover the *** of another country than protect its own employees. A while back our gvt sends money to mexico to "stop drug smugglers" but it turns out that they money went to aid the drug smugglers, and then they decide to do it again this year. Then they charge and convict our agents for doing their job and let the smuggler continue smuggling BTW he was just charged and got 9 years for drug trafficking. Illegals are flooding into the US and the people in washington could care less. I think that Washington should move to a border town and they should be forced to live down there. Just google Laredo and see the amount of problems. I have read stories of Mexican Military Personal being seen 60-100 miles onto US soil. Mexican Military Helicopters landing on US soil, Mexican Military shooting at US agents and County Law Enforcement. Not to mention the kidnapings, Murders and other crimes that happen along our border. It is sad that our government would allow another country to invade and engage our Law Enforcement and Federal agents time and time again and they continue allow it. I bet if any of our Law Enforcement or Federal Agents engage them that there would be a full investigation and Mexico would demand and get the arrest and prosecution of anyone involved. Its all a set up for the NAFTA superhighway and the new currency the Pesollar, then we will all be living in Mexamericanada. I would like to say a big thanks to all the PC members of the US government and the tree hugging hippies that steamrolled our constitution and care more about the 3 spotted dessert something or other than the safety and security of this nation.

Leave a comment:

• jtaylor38
    replied
    I say lets post some M198's....and now M777's down there...have some FO's out there and just start practicing Fire Missions. Have it be pre-deployment training for FO's and Arty units. The FO's see people crossing and call in some fun fire missions on them. Either that or have a few of them leveled off for some good KillerJr missions.

Leave a comment:

• L-1
    replied
    Commentary Written By a Friend of Mine

http://borderreporter.com/?p=579

U.S. Suffers Second Biggest Defeat Since the Alamo

THE BORDER REPORT

Four conscripts of the Mexican Army got the drop on a U.S. Border Patrol agent out towards Lukeville early Sunday morning, holding him at gunpoint for four minutes. And as a reader of this Web site notes, what the hell was the agent thinking?

First, when they’re not on foot, the Mexican soldiers in that area are patrolling in Humvees and deuce and a halfs. Border Patrol agents are in Chevy Tahoes, retrofitted Hummers, and quad-runners. There is no logical reason the agent couldn’t move away from them fast enough, unless he was A) sleeping B) lost C) soft.

But apparently it wasn’t even that exciting. According to the Tucson Sector’s Border Patrol union, the soldiers were on foot when they snuck up on the agent. Again, this is Sonoyta we’re talking about here, as desolate a stretch of the Sonoran Desert as you’re ever going to find. He couldn’t hear them coming?

I asked retired Border Patrol agent Dave Stoddard about the incident and he says no.

“Keep in mind that these agents are looking on the ground for tracks. It takes concentration when you’re cutting sign, it’s easy to focus in on the ground and lose track of what’s happening around you,” he says.

“What irks me about it is that anytime Mexico gets an incursion, there’s a big investigation conducted by the Mexicans and the Mexican Congress starts firing off diplomatic letters of protest. But when the Mexicans do things like this, the United States steps back, winks its eye and just kind of says, ‘oh well, these things happen when the border’s not clearly marked.’”

Now, that’s also true. Can you imagine the reaction if U.S. agents crossed into Mexico?

It was about a year ago or so that the U.S. Army suffered its biggest defeat since the Alamo when a group of National Guardsmen ran away from a group of drug mules carrying rifles near Sasabe. The guardsmen were given medals for having the valor not to escalate the situation.

Using that logic, this agent should soon be expecting a first class flight out to Washington for his award.

– Michel Marizco

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Just read the thread entitled " Victim had a gun "

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL View Post
    I was being sarcastic. It was a takeoff on Scratched13's comments on the victim who shot the armed robber. Scratched felt that armed robbery is just a property crime unless the robbers shoots someone, and that the victim should not attempt to apprehend the suspect because someone might get hurt.

I suggest mining the Mexican border.
    ahhhhh.....ok, whew!.....thought you went over to the dark side or something on me.....

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4098 users online. 275 members and 3823 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X