300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border patrol agent held at gunpoint

If you read all three pages of the story they give a disgusting history of similar incidents in this area.
    Border patrol agent held at gunpoint
    Officers fear Mexican military encounters will turn violent
    Jerry Seper
    Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A U.S. Border Patrol agent was held at gunpoint Sunday night by members of the Mexican military who had crossed the border into Arizona, but the soldiers returned to Mexico without incident when backup agents responded to assist.

Agents assigned to the Border Patrol station at Ajo, Ariz., said the Mexican soldiers crossed the international border in an isolated area about 100 miles southwest of Tucson and pointed rifles at the agent, who was not identified.

It was unclear what the soldiers were doing in the United States, but U.S. law enforcement authorities have long said that current and former Mexican military personnel have been hired to protect drug and migrant smugglers.
    http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008...guns-to-agent/

And yet Johnny Sutton would have you believe that drug smugglers are usually not armed.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Hmmmmm.....sounds like the military should lay in wait around areas where this has occurred.....since incursion by a foreign military unit is an ACT OF WAR........and there are STILL people out there that think Mexico is somehow our ally......
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

Right on. Armed agents of the Mexican government, entering the US, taking armed aggression against Americans - it's a clearcut act of war, and demands immediate response with continuing followup until the Mexican president signs a surrender document and they obey the terms of surrender.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

US military ambushes should be set up for these types of acts. Our government has gone to sleep.
          Space for rent .........

Comment

This type of incident seems to be reoccurring. It's not going to be long before someone gets seriously hurt.
            Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
              This type of incident seems to be reoccurring. It's not going to be long before someone gets seriously hurt.
              I'd say that's pretty likely. I just hope it's not us who winds up hurting. Border defense is serious business.

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                US military ambushes should be set up for these types of acts. Our government has gone to sleep.
                If they did that, someone would get hurt. How could you justify ambushing poor, misguided Mexicans?

After all, the Mexicans could have just been there by mistake. And besides, they didn't shoot anyone, so why would you assume that they were dangerous and intended to hurt someone?
                Last edited by DAL; 08-07-2008, 12:03 AM.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

as stated, they could've been there by mistake. however, ANY armed incursion by a foreign military warrants an investigation/repsonse. this should NOT go over looked.

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
                    200 confirmed times since 1996. That's not counting all the ones they deny. You would think something would be done right?
                    "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Is'nt there a thread here about two CA cops in Mexican jail for carrying weapons into Mexico? Why don't we treat others the way we get treated?

Comment

Originally posted by PB3021 View Post
                        Is'nt there a thread here about two CA cops in Mexican jail for carrying weapons into Mexico? Why don't we treat others the way we get treated?
                        Yup, feel free to arrest and take into custody half a platoon of fully geared out soldiers next time you encounter them by yourself... all sarcasm aside, they have been taken into custody in the past when the tactical situation has allowed doing so. Mex Gov always claims they were lost and we get a confirmed stat that they cannot deny. As far as I know, at least from one incident where I had first hand account, all personnel and their weapons and equipment were promptly returned to Mexico. Otherwise, Mex Gov claims it was just some other people, not affiliated with the government, that just happened to have army uniforms, FALs, and were driving US donated Humvees.
                        Last edited by yellowreef; 08-07-2008, 10:15 AM.
                        "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Well I can believe they're lost, just wondering around looking for god knows what...I feel for those agents out there, I can't imagine a more frustrating situation than to be "detained" in your own country by foriegn "soldiers".

Comment

For anyone who didn't get around to reading the last page of the article:
                            the area has been the scene of similar incidents over several months, including a confrontation in January 2007, when heavily armed men in Mexican military uniforms fired on Texas officers with a .50-caliber machine gun mounted on a camouflaged Humvee.

The men were identified at the time by Hudspeth County Sheriff Arvin West as "soldiers."

In that incident, Hudspeth County deputies pursued three sport utility vehicles back to Mexico after spotting them driving north from the Rio Grande. The pursuit ended on the U.S. side of the border when the deputies encountered 10 heavily armed men in what they described as battle-dress uniforms.

At that time, deputies found 1,400 pounds of marijuana in one of the vehicles abandoned after it blew a tire early in the pursuit. Another made it into Mexico and a third got stuck in the Rio Grande and was burned by the "soldiers" after it was unloaded.

In November 2007, the Border Patrol chased a dump truck full of marijuana in the same area when it also got stuck in the river while trying to return to Mexico. While agents sought to unload 3 tons of marijuana, the driver - who had fled - returned with a heavily armed group of men wearing Mexican military uniforms and carrying military-style weapons.

The soldiers backed the agents away and bulldozed the truck back into Mexico.

"Nothing was ever done," Local 2544 said. "Nobody was ever held accountable. Particularly galling is the fact that the Mexican military often pulls these stunts in Humvees donated to them by the American taxpayers.
                            It sounds to me like it's time for the federal government to take this situation seriously enough to present a more solid defense.

Comment

Mexican military uniforms fired on Texas officers with a .50-caliber machine gun mounted on a camouflaged Humvee.
                              Man, it sound like a warzone out there! Thats just insane!
                              The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
                              George Carlin

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3539 users online. 213 members and 3326 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X