300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy call 911 to get sandwich made correctly

This is why after 20 years most cops hate the public.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Jacksonville police say Reginald Peterson needs to learn that 911 is not the appropriate place to complain that Subway left the sauce off a spicy Italian sandwich.
    Police said the 42-year-old man dialed 911 twice last week so he could have his sub made correctly. The second call was to complain that officers weren't arriving fast enough.

Subway workers told police Peterson became belligerent and yelled when they were fixing his order. They locked him out of the store after he left to call police.

When officers arrived, they tried to calm Peterson and explain the proper use of 911. Those efforts failed, and he was arrested on a charge of making false 911 calls.

Peterson did not have a listed phone number

I can't say on here what I am truly thinking/ feeling. This guy deserves what he got.
    You have the right to remain silent, but apparently you lack the skill to exercise that right.

Comment

I work as a dispatcher for a Sheriff's office, and this in no way at all surprises me. After working there for over a year, I've had all kind of calls come through me, and while I've never had someone tell me they didn't have enough mayo on their sub, I've heard stuff about as dumb.

Basically, as a dispatcher, you decide that stupid should be painful, people REALLY need to know the difference between 411 and 911, and if you EVER give a cell phone, even one that is unserviced, to a kid to play with, for GODS sake TAKE OUT THE BATTERY!!!
      "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle

Comment

He should have gone to a small family-owned sandwich shop, they almost always have fresher better food than Subway

Comment

All I can say is OMG.
          Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
          Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
          A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

Ok, THAT's definitely a 311 referral.

Comment

As I see it, there is an individual with a mental condition that called the police.

Comment

Granted this guy sounds like an idiot, I believe we need to have a universal number for non-emergencies... A lot of cities / Counties have such a number like 711 - for things such as road hazards, barking dogs, and general police matters that are not considered an emergency but most areas still do not have such a number (you have to look it up in the phone book).

I think we should have a number similar to 911 that is universal throughout the united states (ie: "Dial 711 for non-emergency police matters")

Just my idea, as was Bud-Light Lime, so I'm looking for a little $$$ when it makes it big!
                ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

I think the worst part is that this made news.
                  When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
                    All I can say is OMG.
                    But it would have been okay if the guys at the sandwhich shop looked a little shady while they were preparing sandwiches, though .... right?
                    Space for rent .........

Comment

If ANYONE calls our 911 and asks for the police, we are sent ----- no questions asked. AND, there is no real charge that we can lay on them as long as they didn't lie about a crime when they called.
                      Space for rent .........

Comment

Of course not. That would be stupid.

Tell you what. You come and live in a gang infested neighborhood for 9 years.

Then you can be a smart-***.

Oh wait. Dumb folks have just as much freedom of speech as smart folks do. So you go right ahead and be a smart ***. It's your constitutional right.

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                        But it would have been okay if the guys at the sandwhich shop looked a little shady while they were preparing sandwiches, though .... right?
                        A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

We have 311.

But this wouldn't have even been a 311 worthy call. It's not a police matter, not even non-emergency police matter.

Complaints like this go to the company, no where else.

However, it WAS a 911 worthy call when the man became belligerent. At that point he became a threat to the Subway employees.

Originally posted by ManInTan View Post
                          Granted this guy sounds like an idiot, I believe we need to have a universal number for non-emergencies... A lot of cities / Counties have such a number like 711 - for things such as road hazards, barking dogs, and general police matters that are not considered an emergency but most areas still do not have such a number (you have to look it up in the phone book).

I think we should have a number similar to 911 that is universal throughout the united states (ie: "Dial 711 for non-emergency police matters")

Just my idea, as was Bud-Light Lime, so I'm looking for a little $$$ when it makes it big!

Comment

Originally posted by rubyrose View Post
                            Of course not. That would be stupid.

Tell you what. You come and live in a gang infested neighborhood for 9 years.

Then you can be a smart-***.

Oh wait. Dumb folks have just as much freedom of speech as smart folks do. So you go right ahead and be a smart ***. It's your constitutional right.
                            Who is the dumb one for living in a gang infested neighborhood for 9 years?????

And since they allow people in your community to make 911 calls for just about any stupid thing ----- and they entertain them according to you ------go ahead ...... I guess that it entertains them enough to show up and listen to the latest "emergency."
                            Space for rent .........

Comment

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
                              If ANYONE calls our 911 and asks for the police, we are sent ----- no questions asked. AND, there is no real charge that we can lay on them as long as they didn't lie about a crime when they called.
                              the problem here is that NO CRIME had even been committed. this guy was upset over not getting mayo on a sandwich. I'm betting with the fines he pays (or the time to sit them out) he could have bought GALLONS of mayo at Sams club.\

I do understand about sending cops when asked for/ makes sense. but for not getting the sandwiches the way he wanted them...
                              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                              Oscar Wilde

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6815 users online. 364 members and 6451 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X