Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riialto (CA) Officer Shot

Rialto officer shot while removing gun from boy's waistband

The 17-year-old was handcuffed when the gun fell from his shorts and discharged, hitting the officer in the left leg.

By Molly Hennessy-Fiske, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
    August 5, 2008

A Rialto police officer was recovering this morning after he was shot in the leg by a gun that fell from the shorts of a 17-year-old boy he was searching, authorities said.

The officer had stopped the teen at 10:30 p.m. Sunday in a courtyard at the Renaissance Village apartments on North Glenwood Avenue, said Rialto Police Lt. Joe Cirilo.

Officers were patrolling the area in response to recent shootings, including a fatal gang-related shooting two weeks ago, Cirilo said.

While patting down the boy, the officer discovered a handgun in his waistband and handcuffed him, Cirilo said. When the officer tried to remove the handgun, it slipped through the teen's shorts and discharged, striking the officer.

[email protected] latimes.com
    http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,6366124.story
    Last edited by SgtCHP; 08-05-2008, 06:54 PM.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97192
    Not affiliated with my avatar. My opinions are all mine and do not represent anybody else. All names are fictional and coincidental if there is someone in the world with aforementioned name.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4675 users online. 255 members and 4420 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X