300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scratched13 View Post
    All these "what ifs ......" Well, the article did not say that the ALLEGED robber had shot at anyone first. Therefore, we can only assume that he may never would have shot anyone as longg as they complied with his demands.
    Yeah, I TOTALLY agree!!!!

And I say if a dirtbag shoots at someone, but totally misses him... no harm no foul!! Where's the violence?!?! Shooting a firearm isn't violent! Nobody was hit! Come ON!!!!! Just another example of the MAAAAN.... tryin to keep a brotha down.

You ever heard the question, "You know what it means to Assume?"

Comment

Originally posted by Looker View Post
      Yeah, I TOTALLY agree!!!!

And I say if a dirtbag shoots at someone, but totally misses him... no harm no foul!! Where's the violence?!?! Shooting a firearm isn't violent! Nobody was hit! Come ON!!!!! Just another example of the MAAAAN.... tryin to keep a brotha down.

You ever heard the question, "You know what it means to Assume?"
      ***-U-Me
      The Red, Bold, Italic is my official sarcasm tag.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
      George Carlin

Comment

I agree with scratched on this one...

This poor boy was struck down in the prime of his life. Who knows what he might have gone on to achieve!!! Who knows, he may have pulled off a few more armed robberies that very night. He might have become a legend robbing people at gun point and moving onto bigger fish maybe taking a life or two along the way, but no...

Who knows how many lives he might have destroyed if this senesless violent act by some gun wielding crazy right winger who just couldn't let it go, had to pop a cap off to show his toughness... " you won't find a better run on sentence on the net "

This do-gooder had to take the law into his own hands and shoot this practically defenseless child in the noggin. What a shame! If this isn't a good reason to ban guns I am not sure one exists!

Comment

All these "what ifs ......" Well, the article did not say that the ALLEGED robber had shot at anyone first. Therefore, we can only assume that he may never would have shot anyone as longg as they complied with his demands.
          How many people have been wounded or killed after complying with a robber? Unfortunately, there's no scumbag code of conduct stating that they cannot or will not shoot a victim if they comply.

I have a concealed carry permit, if somebody pulls a gun on me and I have a chance to take action, I'm not waiting for him/her to shoot first.
          Why do I carry a gun? Because I can't throw rocks at 1300 FPS.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
            I agree with scratched on this one...

This poor boy was struck down in the prime of his life. Who knows what he might have gone on to achieve!!! Who knows, he may have pulled off a few more armed robberies that very night. He might have become a legend robbing people at gun point and moving onto bigger fish maybe taking a life or two along the way, but no...

Who knows how many lives he might have destroyed if this senesless violent act by some gun wielding crazy right winger who just couldn't let it go, had to pop a cap off to show his toughness... " you won't find a better run on sentence on the net "

This do-gooder had to take the law into his own hands and shoot this practically defenseless child in the noggin. What a shame! If this isn't a good reason to ban guns I am not sure one exists!

For a moment I was like, WHAT!? But excellent post. Those were the exact same things I was thinking.

What good is it to allow citizens to have guns if they will not be able to use them when it calls for it.

To say the citizen was in the wrong is coddling the "Poor 17 year old boy." If more of these happen, idiots will realize that they could be shot or killed and it may deter them away from robbing and committing crimes.

This thug, low-life carried a gun for several reasons, 1) to instill fear 2) to stop anyone in his way. For all we know this citizen may have prevented another name on the ODMP.

Comment

As I have said before, that "Poor 17 year old" got what he had coming to him. If this person would have missed, or not shot at him, someone else would have gotten the direct hit. I do not feel bad for this thug/idiot.

"I think many years ago an advanced civilization intervened with us genetically and gave us just enough intelligence to develop dangerous technology but not enough to use it wisely. Then they sat back to watch the fun. Kind of like a human zoo. And you know what? They're getting their money's worth"
              George Carlin

Comment

The crime (intitial crime) was not a violent crime .... it was a theft of money. Why should someone be shot over money?
                I think someone's posting under his name. This is going against any logic Scratched has ever subscribed to.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post
                  I think someone's posting under his name. This is going against any logic Scratched has ever subscribed to.
                  I thought that sounded un-Scratched like to me too.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanG View Post
                    Agreed. Would a mod please check the log on the IP addresses? Does anyone have an off-line means of contacting him?

Comment

If you look at his previous posts, they're usually around the 1500-1600 hours range, it is possible.

Comment

This is how Scratched replied to a thread where another victim shot the alleged perp AFTER chasing him down in a high speed pursuit.

I'm not comparing apples to oranges, but Scratched, why excuse one and not the other?

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

Comment

I call shannigans!!!!!

George Carlin

Comment

The crime (intitial crime) was not a violent crime .... it was a theft of money. Why should someone be shot over money?
                            You should ask the suspect. He's the one who put himself in a position to get shot during the commission of a felony.

The victim had a CONSTITUTIONAL right to grab his gun and attempt to detain the suspect once the first crime was committed. The guys a hero being brave enough to try and detain an armed robber in my opinion...and apparently a pretty good shot too.
                            Walking the line...all give some...some give all!

Comment

Well, I say this one is apples and cobwebs.

Totally different situation (and I think that I may be wrong on the other one).

Too much gun violence - either from the "law abiding citizen" OR the perp - is not a good thing. Again, we can assume that he may have eventually hurt someone .... but that is a what if.

HE did not shoot someone during the course of the actual "alleged" robbery, this was caused by the "law abiding citizen."
                              Space for rent .........

Comment

Well, I say this one is apples and cobwebs.

Totally different situation (and I think that I may be wrong on the other one).

Too much gun violence - either from the "law abiding citizen" OR the perp - is not a good thing. Again, we can assume that he may have eventually hurt someone .... but that is a what if.

HE did not shoot someone during the course of the actual "alleged" robbery, this was caused by the "law abiding citizen."

WTF??!!!!!!!!

I'm speechless......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4498 users online. 241 members and 4257 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X