Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victim had a gun :)

Wounded teen suspected in ATM robbery still in critical condition

A 17-year-old who was shot in the head after he allegedly tried to rob a couple Saturday at a Northland ATM remains in critical but stable condition, Kansas City police said Monday.

The criminal case has not been presented to the Clay County prosecutor’s office but police said they expect criminal charges to be filed against the teenager later this week.

The incident was reported at 9 a.m. when a would-be robber was shot in the head by his intended victim outside a Bank of America at North Oak Trafficway and Barry Road.

The teen allegedly held up two people at gunpoint at the ATM, police said. As he was leaving, his victim got his gun from his car and ordered the robber to stop. The robbery victim fired when the robber pointed his gun, police said.

Police said the wounded teen also was the suspect in another robbery that occurred earlier Saturday at a convenience store near 42nd Street and North Oak.

Hopefully the suspect will die from his injuries and save the tax payers $60,000/yr to house/feed this sorry p.o.s.
    Strong Body, Sharp Mind And Good Tactics!

Comment

Good for the citizen!!
      Moooooooooooo, I'm a goat

Comment

Good job! Hopefully he'll learn his lesson.
        summer - winter - work

Comment

Hopefully he'll die. 150 years ago he would have been hung just for insulting the woman.
          Airborne Cops are closer to God.
          Arms and legs are just extensions of flight controls.

THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

Comment

I saw this on the local news today. Just proof that the concealed carry laws in Missouri were a good idea. Kansas City tried to fight them, but eventually caved under pressure.

Originally posted by Rush817 View Post
            Hopefully the suspect will die from his injuries and save the tax payers $60,000/yr to house/feed this sorry p.o.s.
            Originally posted by ChopperCopper View Post
            Hopefully he'll die. 150 years ago he would have been hung just for insulting the woman.
            I don't wish that anyone die, however if he is a quadriplegic after being shot, that doesn't bother me.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Another happy ending.

Comment

Too bad the skell's family is probably gonna sue after losing their precious little SKIT.

Comment

Oh my goodness!! Listen to this comment left by some moron on the KC Star website:

http://pod01.prospero.com/n/pfx/foru...webtag=kr-kctm
                  First and foremost, I think its important to remember that this was someones child. Who knows what in his childhood would have lead him to this point. Likely it was nothing of his own choosing. Perhaps he was molested, or abused. Perhaps his father never told him he was loved. Maybe he has ADHD or overweight, therefore taunted as a youngster. No matter the reason, it is certainly not this child's fault. The "victim" should have never drawn his weapon after the fact, and especially shot him in the head. At most, a shot to the rump would have given this poor child a wake up call that crime can be painful and not worth it. I hope that gentleman is ashamed for carrying on the abuse this poor child has obviously had to endure all his life. He should have just given him the money and moved on. I wouldn't be surprised if the "victim" wasn't actually a rich man from Johnson County coming home from an extended European vacation. Probably an evangelical Republican too. Its just so sad that he had to take out his racist hatred with a gun on a poor child with some sort of syndrome that was not his fault.
                  What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Here is another comment:

I wonder how many of you computer loudmouths have a brain. The boy needs punished but the punisment must fit the crime. The shooter was no longer in danger. His temper overloaded his good judgement. I hope the DA will at least look at the motive of the shooter at the time of the shooting as well as charging the robber, who deserves to be. Had it been a cop that shot him we would crucify that cop. There was no threat justifying deadly force is what we would all be writing.
                    So being robbed at gunpoint wasn't justification enough for the use of deadly force
                    Last edited by TheKansan; 08-04-2008, 11:08 PM.
                    What is Perseverance?

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                      Oh my goodness!! Listen to this comment left by some moron on the KC Star website:

Thats.... probbably sarcasm. I, hope thats sarcasm.
                      They will all look up to me and shout, "Save us!", and I will whisper back... "No."

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

Here is another comment:

So being robbed at gunpoint wasn't justification enough for the use of deadly force
                        The better justification is that the armed suspect turned toward the victim with gun in hand, so the victim was in immediate danger.

Had the robber been running away, shooting him still would have been justified, but less obviously so.
                        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

I saw this on the local news today. Just proof that the concealed carry laws in Missouri were a good idea. Kansas City tried to fight them, but eventually caved under pressure.

I don't wish that anyone die, however if he is a quadriplegic after being shot, that doesn't bother me.
                          He doesn't deserve for us to pay for him to be feed him through at tube. The chairs and equipment are expensive. The victim would have been out that money if the tables were turned. Newton's Law: For every action there is an equal opposite reaction. Good guy wins this one!

Comment

Probably some bleeding heart liberal or social worker or both, who wrote that. It's everybody elses fault. Life is about choices! Not everybody with a bad childhood grow up to rob people at gunpoint. He made a poor choice and received the consequences of his poor choosing!

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                              The better justification is that the armed suspect turned toward the victim with gun in hand, so the victim was in immediate danger.

Had the robber been running away, shooting him still would have been justified, but less obviously so.
                              The robbery victim fired when the robber pointed his gun, police said.
                              It doesn't get more justified than that!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5840 users online. 317 members and 5523 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X