300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Tired

What do you all do about people who drive tired?

This thought came to me last night (this morning?) as I took over driving home when Hubby was too tired to drive and I was barely holding it between the lines. We got home around 1:30am, carried the children up to bed, ignored the goats, crawled into bed, and crashed.

Driving tired is dangerous. I am in no way saying it is not, but what happens when someone is pulled over and come to find out they are not intoxicated, but just plain tired and there is no safe place to pull over to sleep for half an hour or so?

Are they taken into custody for dangerous driving? Are they led to a place where they can safely get a bit of sleep? Are they given a ticket and sent on their way?
    http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

My brother got stopped once when he nodding off behind the wheel. Guess who got the extreme pleasure of getting a phone call at 0300 from Az DPS asking if she could come get her brothers dumb butt? The officer sat there with him until I got there (don't know if that's procedure or if it was just a slow night) then gave him a warning, told me to get him home and then had the car towed. THAT was a fun night...
    R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
    I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

I am guessing that is not the norm.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

We tell them to get a cup of coffee or a room if possible......

It is not illegal to drive tired, so we are prohibited from taking much further action.....
        The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

On the one hand I am pleased that it is not illegal to drive tired because then it becomes very subjective. On the other hand, I find it annoying that more can't be done to help or stop it. I don't know what, but I know it is dangerous.

My SIL's son was killed 7 years ago. He ran head-long into a semi. He was on his way back to base and fell asleep at the wheel.

Comment

It's not illegal but you could get cited for careless driving. It is careless if you can't control your car.

I have fallen asleep at the wheel once and it scared the crap out of me. I turn the radio on, turn the a/c on or roll down the windows if it's winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
              On the one hand I am pleased that it is not illegal to drive tired because then it becomes very subjective. On the other hand, I find it annoying that more can't be done to help or stop it. I don't know what, but I know it is dangerous.

My SIL's son was killed 7 years ago. He ran head-long into a semi. He was on his way back to base and fell asleep at the wheel.
              The only way for LE to 'stop' it would be to make it illegal.....

At least here in LA, after we determine that no law is being broken we are FORBIDDEN from detaining that person any longer.....some agencies even have a policy against following that person any further.....

There was a thread several months ago about this topic.....different agencies would try to force the issue.....at least here in CA, that is a excellent way to get sued, and/or investigated......
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6411 users online. 369 members and 6042 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X