300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alcohol date rape drug? why

Im watching this thing on mtv about spring break and they brought up alcohol being a date rape drug.

Why is alcohol considered a date rape drug? Just because your intoxicated and agree to sex doesnt mean you have been raped the next day, even though you were willing the night before and have regrets the next day.

Grated i can understand if your passed out somewhere then someone does it without consent. But they way they make it sound that even if you are a little bit intoxicated that you are still considered a victim.

Am i wrong in how this works or what?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Now this is a 22 year old's point of view.
    My response is a little off topic, but i think it plays into what they are saying.

I went to Florida in June of this year AFTER spring break and it was WILD. This is coming from a 22 yr old college student.

The problem I noticed when I went down there was what I call the "Preacher's Daughter" effect. I don't know if it's the hotel I was staying at or what, but almost every girl I encountered was vacationing with out her parents or authority figures for the first time. Now I'm not saying that I didn't drink, because I did (My friends and I bought so much booze that the Quik E Mart guys didn't even charge us for the food we bought ) but for these girls, it was watching indians with firewater! It was like they never had alcohol before!

Comment

Because in many areas if BOTH parties are not capable of giving consent, then it MAY be considered rape at a later time......if you are intoxicated, you are not capable of giving consent......
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

If you are passed out drunk, you can't give consent either.
        Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Well, the thing is, if she didn't say "no" then she didn't say "yes" either, so best not do anything unless you get a clear answer for engagement. And since being overly intoxicated often leads to people passing out, then to do something while one is passed out, is rape...plane and simple.
          Your Gauging Intelligence From An Ignorant Scale

Comment

That's not what he's talking about. He's talking about someone who says "yes" but is intoxicated when they do it. Is this rape? My answer is probably not.

Because in many areas if BOTH parties are not capable of giving consent, then it MAY be considered rape at a later time......if you are intoxicated, you are not capable of giving consent......
            If both are intoxicated then who raped whom?
            Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by ExplorerE321 View Post

The problem I noticed when I went down there was what I call the "Preacher's Daughter" effect. I don't know if it's the hotel I was staying at or what, but almost every girl I encountered was vacationing with out her parents or authority figures for the first time. Now I'm not saying that I didn't drink, because I did (My friends and I bought so much booze that the Quik E Mart guys didn't even charge us for the food we bought ) but for these girls, it was watching indians with firewater! It was like they never had alcohol before!

That would get annoying. Especially since you know they are trying to act like they've done it all before.
              When talking to a fool, be sure he isn't doing the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
                That's not what he's talking about. He's talking about someone who says "yes" but is intoxicated when they do it. Is this rape? My answer is probably not.

If both are intoxicated then who raped whom?
                Thats not a good defense in court....I've seen people (males only) charged with rape in similar circs.....

Even if you prevail in court, you will be tens of thousands of dollars down in legal fees....
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

this is why alcohol should be illegal imo. my exgf used to get drunk and cheat on me all the time, worst part is she didn't even know she was doing it, next day she'd be like "oh what happened last night?" then 9 months later she found out what she was doing and so did i.

a drug that can completely take control of you like that ought to be illegal imo

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                    Thats not a good defense in court....I've seen people (males only) charged with rape in similar circs.....

Even if you prevail in court, you will be tens of thousands of dollars down in legal fees....
                    How the heck does it even make it to court? I could not in good consious charge this. People get drunk and have sex everyday. Because one of them regrets it the next day it's rape?

IF this is the case then I was raped by a few fat chicks back in college.

Is the bartender charged as an accessory? Because they damn sure know that SOMEBODY is going to get drunk and have sex with someone else (I was a bartender).
                    Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Wiggum View Post
                      How the heck does it even make it to court? I could not in good consious charge this. People get drunk and have sex everyday. Because one of them regrets it the next day it's rape?

IF this is the case then I was raped by a few fat chicks back in college.

Is the bartender charged as an accessory? Because they damn sure know that SOMEBODY is going to get drunk and have sex with someone else (I was a bartender).
                      Its not us that make the choice whether to charge or not...if the victim demands a criminal complaint, saying she never gave consent, then it gets written......up to the DA to file or not.....

also, it is written in the CA penal code that an intoxicated person CAN NOT give consent......not sure if CA is the only state with statute on the books or not......

Comment

Originally posted by gadphto89 View Post
                        this is why alcohol should be illegal imo. my exgf used to get drunk and cheat on me all the time, worst part is she didn't even know she was doing it, next day she'd be like "oh what happened last night?" then 9 months later she found out what she was doing and so did i.

a drug that can completely take control of you like that ought to be illegal imo
                        Sounds like your girlfriend was lying to you by using the old "I was to drunk to remeber story".

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Originally posted by gadphto89 View Post
                          worst part is she didn't even know she was doing it, next day she'd be like "oh what happened last night?"
                          Yeah I'm sure she "forgot". Please tell me you don't really believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac View Post
                            Yeah I'm sure she "forgot". Please tell me you don't really believe that.
                            I'm hoping thats sarcasm.

Its not us that make the choice whether to charge or not...if the victim demands a criminal complaint, saying she never gave consent, then it gets written......up to the DA to file or not.....

also, it is written in the CA penal code that an intoxicated person CAN NOT give consent......not sure if CA is the only state with statute on the books or not
                            !

OUTRAGE!!!

It is our job as citizens to get these rules off the books. California. What kind of b.s., unaccountability...
                            How about responsiblity for ones actions.
                            Its hypocrisy, if that law is real... then if a man gets drunk and sleeps with a sober girl he should bear no financial responsibilty for a child if born from that encounter.
                            Though we no better. Terrible law.
                            Last edited by midnight_v; 08-04-2008, 05:26 AM.
                            They will all look up to me and shout, "Save us!", and I will whisper back... "No."

LAW is not JUSTICE

Comment

Why should someone be punished for another persons problem (Not being able to hold their liquor)? Its not a controlled substance and I don't think it should be made illegal.
                              People just need to use good sense when drinking. I hate that "I got so drunk and don't remember anything." or "I cant believe I did that! Its so not me!" Well I call BS on those who say that!!!
                              He teaches my hands to make war,
                              so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze.
                              Psalms 18:34

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5509 users online. 309 members and 5200 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X