Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you LEOs and others watch America's Most Wanted?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you LEOs and others watch America's Most Wanted?

Do you LEOs ever watch it at the station? Are you allowed to watch TV at the station during a quiet time or down time?

It's been going strong for over 20 years now and it can be an interesting show because all the stories profiled are TRUE stories unlike the stupid fictional crime shows like CSI or whatever which I never liked. I prefer documentary type programming that recounts true stories.

It's still a good show but I think it's tailed off and not quite as good as it used to be. But it will probably be on TV forever or at least some form of it. John Walsh is still pretty good but he can't host it forever!

BTW, it's on tonight. Are the LEOs here going to tape or Tivo it if you'll be on the beat?
    Last edited by Robocop007; 08-02-2008, 03:24 PM.

I watch it once in a while. I don't record it.

Comment

I like the show alot, but it is not something that I watch or DVR religiously. It's one of those things where i almost forget that its still on the air, but if its on, I;ll be like "ooh!" and hunker down for the hour or so that it is on for.

Comment

Personally I can't stand that show, something about John Walsh gets to me...
        Dispatch, we have a 9-11, Armed Robbery in progress. Seay's Surplus Store, corner People's Drive and 124th Street.

Comment

No, it's always bored me senseless.

Comment

Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
            I stopped watching when his anti-gun rhetoric got on my nerves.
            sigpic
            Don't make me gassy.
            You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

John Walsh is one of the most interesting people of the last centruy. He's a HUGH LEO supporter and has single handedly led to the tracking and arrest of dozens of skumbags. While not a perfect individual, anyone who wants to critize him for pretty much anything should think a minute about how they would react to the brutal death of their little boy. What would you do?

Walsh took those emotions and channeled them into a national (if not international) institution. AMW is a reknowned program and I challenge anyone here to even come close to such an accomplishment. I've met the man and was nothing but impressed.

So there....
              Last edited by KapsFB; 08-02-2008, 08:09 PM.
              sigpic
              Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
              And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                John Walsh is one of the most interesting people of the last centruy. He's a HUGH LEO supporter and has single handedly led to the tracking and arrest of dozens of skumbags. While not a perfect individual, anyone who wants to critize him for pretty much anything should think a minute about how they would react to the brutal death of their little boy. What would you do?

Walsh took those emotions and channeled them into a national (if not international) institution. AMW is a reknowned program and I challenge anyone here to even come close to such an accomplishment. I've met the man and was nothing but impressed.

So there....
                Yeah KapsFB, I can't believe anyone in LE who would not like John Walsh. He has done SO much to help LE and get scumbags off the street. Unless you were one of the LEOs in southern Florida back in the 70s who argued with Walsh about how they searched for his son, Adam, but I really doubt anyone here is from there.

So, can any of you guys watch TV at the police station during a quiet time or something? I know firefighters can. Firefighters work 24 hour shifts they can set themselves up quite a pad in the firehouse for their long days. They are cooking, watching TV, playing videogames, etc. when they are NOT answering fire/emergency calls.

Comment

Originally posted by fedguy889 View Post
                  I respectfully have to disagree with you're post, John Walsh has dedicated his life in the captures of dirt bags for over 20 years ever since his son was found decapitated in south Florida, now for the question at hand, do I watch it, well if Hells Kitchen is on I'll watch that first!!
                  Take care and stay safe!
                  Ralph8119
                  A Little Something Else For Those 60's & 70's Music Lovers On Line!
                  sigpic
                  http://www.myfreenetradio.com/listen70s.asx

A Cool Website On History In Photos Of The New York City Police Department!
                  http://www.policeny.com/home.html

Policelink!
                  http://policelink.monster.com/member/Ralph8119

Inside The New York City Police Academy!
                  http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pr/videos.shtml

Comment

I almost forgot, some years back now Fox network canceled A.M.W. and within days the network rescinded the cancellation and they were back on due to overwellming calls from the public, way to go America!
                    Last edited by Ralph8119; 08-03-2008, 02:19 AM.
                    Take care and stay safe!
                    Ralph8119
                    A Little Something Else For Those 60's & 70's Music Lovers On Line!
                    sigpic
                    http://www.myfreenetradio.com/listen70s.asx

A Cool Website On History In Photos Of The New York City Police Department!
                    http://www.policeny.com/home.html

Policelink!
                    http://policelink.monster.com/member/Ralph8119

Inside The New York City Police Academy!
                    http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/pr/videos.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph8119 View Post
                      I almost forgot, some years back now Fox network canceled A.M.W. and within days the network rescinded the cancellation and they were back on due to overwellming calls from the public, way to go America!
                      Actually, FOX was flooded with letters and calls from several police departments and law enforcement agencies. So thanks to you LEOS AMW is still on the air!!

Comment

Originally posted by KapsFB View Post
                        So there....
                        Everything you said is true. Now, if he could just figure out that you can't de-chlorinate the swimming pool, he'd be damm near perfect.
                        sigpic
                        Don't make me gassy.
                        You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

Free plug for them.

www.amw.com

Comment

Not a big fan of America's Most wanted but I still like COPS, SPEEDERS and LAKE PATROL. I saw a new one this morning called 911... not bad either.
                            ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

Me and a few of the guys at the office used to laugh at John Walsh's calling out of criminals..ie "that lowdown scumsucking dirtbag" or "that no good rotten scumsucker" etc... We used to wonder what would happen if a crim sued for defamation...haha. Don't always watch the show but definitely give credit to John Walsh.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6211 users online. 312 members and 5899 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X