• Show
Clear All

• Guns drawn in brawl between police chief and ex-chief

Someone's setting a great example.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/new...8?OpenDocument

Guns drawn in brawl between Wellston chief, ex-chief
    FROM STAFF REPORTS
    08/01/2008

Wellston -- A brawl this afternoon between the newly appointed police chief and his ousted predecessor resulted in guns being drawn and the mayor requiring medical attention for trying to intercede, authorities said.

The new police chief was appointed four days ago, said Pine Lawn Police Chief Rickey Collins, whose department is investigating at the request of the St. Louis County prosecuting attorney's request.

The two men began pushing and shoving each other about 3 p.m at Wellston's city hall. Collins said he did not know what they argued about. Former Police Chief Robert Cossia had been demoted to assistant chief.

Guns were pulled during the brawl, but no shots were fired, Collins said. He said police were investigating who pulled the guns.

The mayor, Frank McNeil, tried to break up the fight but became overexerted due to a heart condition, Collins said. An ambulance arrived and treated him at the scene.

No arrests were made, Collins said, and police continued to try to sort out what happened.

WTF LAMO that is way to funny animosity between a chief anf a assistant/former chief and they might both end up with charges against them
    Lawdog TCSO
    In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
    well daisy if you do

Comment

I didn't think Brass without a backbone could throw down, but I guess I am wrong in this case.

Comment

One detail about this that I didn't notice the first time around. The department investigating the issue is a small neighboring department, not the county or state authorities. Perhaps I don't know much about how this sort of thing usually works, but that seems a little strange to me.

Comment

Wow.... sounds like a GREAT town to live in...
          "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
          Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
          Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

WOW, if the ex-chief was now the assistant chief (still a supervisor w/the Dept), that would be a really confusing situation for the Officers :-)

good thing nobody ended up with an extra hole because it sounds like it was heading south quick :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp View Post
              Wow.... sounds like a GREAT town to live in...
              Are the hooisers in Indiana any better?? You know everywhere else in the country hooiser is akin to redneck so it's not a compliment except in Indiana.

Where the incident occured is just not the best part of town but certain parts of St.Louis County are among the tops in the nation to live in.

These cops should've settled this the old fashioned way. Pistols at 10 paces! They could've posted the video! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post
                These cops should've settled this the old fashioned way. Pistols at 10 paces! They could've posted the video! LOL!
                LOL! If they would have done pay-per-view they probably could have doubled the city's budget!

One nugget in the update tonight struck me as slightly odd.
                Guns were pulled during the scuffle, but no shots were fired, Collins said. He said police were investigating who pulled the guns. Wellston police would not identify the new police chief, and Collins did not know his name. The other officer is not being identified because he hasn't been charged.

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                  LOL! If they would have done pay-per-view they probably could have doubled the city's budget!

One nugget in the update tonight struck me as slightly odd.
                  I could've sworn they showed the new police chief there briefly on the news.

Comment

A real display of true professionalism! NOT!
                    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by Robocop007 View Post
                      Are the hooisers in Indiana any better?? You know everywhere else in the country hooiser is akin to redneck so it's not a compliment except in Indiana.

Where the incident occured is just not the best part of town but certain parts of St.Louis County are among the tops in the nation to live in.

Do you really want to turn this into a p**sing match between Indiana and MO about being redneck?

So Hoosier means you are related to rednecks? PLEASE show me the Webster's on this, because after 22 years in Indiana, no one can explain to me what a Hoosier is.

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
                        One detail about this that I didn't notice the first time around. The department investigating the issue is a small neighboring department, not the county or state authorities. Perhaps I don't know much about how this sort of thing usually works, but that seems a little strange to me.
                        There’s nothing inappropriate about a smaller agency conducting the investigation. The important facet is that an unprejudiced agency handle it. It doesn’t have to be a bigger department or a state agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier_Boy View Post
                          Do you really want to turn this into a p**sing match between Indiana and MO about being redneck?

So Hoosier means you are related to rednecks? PLEASE show me the Webster's on this, because after 22 years in Indiana, no one can explain to me what a Hoosier is.
                          Yeah, what he said!

Comment

Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
                            There’s nothing inappropriate about a smaller agency conducting the investigation. The important facet is that an unprejudiced agency handle it. It doesn’t have to be a bigger department or a state agency.
                            Very well, as I said I don't claim familiarity with the process. It wasn't the size of the agency, it just caught my attention that the investigation isn't being performed by an agency that has general oversight for the area where the dispute occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier_Boy View Post
                              PLEASE show me the Webster's on this, because after 22 years in Indiana, no one can explain to me what a Hoosier is.
                              Hoosier daddy?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                              “We don't disagree, you are wrong. Until you have a clue what you are talking about we can't disagree.” - cgh6366

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2968 users online. 157 members and 2811 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X