• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They take speeding seriously in Arizona

Speeding suspect arrested as she steps off plane
    http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/122060
    Katie McDevitt, Tribune
    Police say a 21-year-old Mesa woman refused to turn herself in after Loop 101 enforcement cameras allegedly caught her driving more than 100 mph – so they nabbed her Wednesday at the airport as she returned from vacation.

Britnee Bristow told Arizona Department of Public Safety officers that she was “going to Australia and this was not going to ruin her dream,” police said in a statement.So when the young woman stepped off her plane about 10:30 a.m. at Terminal 3 at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport following the trip, she was promptly placed in handcuffs.

Police booked Bristow into Scottsdale City Jail on charges of criminal speed and reckless driving.Photo enforcement cameras allegedly caught Bristow driving her 2001 Lexus 103 miles per hour at 1:51 a.m. on May 28, police said.

Considering that it should be common knowledge that Phoenix has speed cameras on the metro area highways, it seems like the speed violation fines on these roads just serves as a tax on stupidity.

(But I am glad they didn't have them when I lived in AZ 20 years ago!)

Comment

easier to speed in the desert, i hear
      "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

It was her attitude that got her booked into jail more then anything else....they had given her several chances to do the right thing and she was uncooperative....I love the fact that the media was there to film her arrest

Comment

Originally posted by exdrip View Post
          easier to speed in the desert, i hear
          It is, but city highways are just like anything else. Once you get out of the city though, it becomes quite easy to speed.

Comment

I heard she agreed to turn herself in, but already had a pre-scheduled trip out of the country that was already paid for. I hear she gave DPS her flight itinerary and told them she would surrender when she returned. I guess they didn't want to give her the chance to drive to DPS HQ and do what she promised? I dunno

Comment

She was supposed to turn herself in the day she got back but told the Officers that she would have jet lag and it would have to wait several days....she could have taken care of this before she went on her trip also but again she was being uncooperative.

Comment

Just another prime example of the current "text message" and "Xbox generation" who dont have a clue about life...

Comment

What the hell does that have to do with this thread?

Comment

Glad she went to jail on THEIR terms. She deserves to mold in jail for a few weeks. Brat.
                    Space for rent .........

Comment

That's not a cite and release, she will be booked into jail, and be ROR in a few hours, and this is coming from someone who actually knows the guy cuffing her up in that picture.
                      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

103MPH. Holy shizzle.

She should have her license revoked until she can successfully complete Ninja Warrior.
                        -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

Originally posted by Stewie View Post
                          What the hell does that have to do with this thread?
                          It means that kids these days have zero respect for authority. She's probably a spoiled brat who got everything she ever wanted. Her wanting to take care of it on her terms shows exactly that. They grow up with a cell phone in their hands and cant drive a quarter mile without them glued to their ears. She committed a crime and wanted to wait until she was ready? What a load of crap. I'm glad she's locked up but I'm sure mommy and daddy will post her bond shortly.

Comment

I am sure it is the same mommy and daddy who gave her the car to begin with. Seriously how the heck does a 21 year old girl who is apparently NOT a meth dealer, crack ho' or some other kind of derelict come to own a 2001 Lexus IS300 ??? The blue book trade in on that is $9,500! I am pretty sure that most places on the 101 the speed is 70 MPH or less. At the very least she was doing more than 30 mph over the speed limit. I hope she gets nailed for felony speeding.
                            R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                            I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Originally posted by kman1981
                              haha "felony speeding" i like that
                              Pardon me, I misspoke. I looked at the Az Revised Statutes and what I meant to say was "criminal speeding" which can be cited when the speed is greater than 30 MPH over the posted speed limit.
                              R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                              I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6409 users online. 373 members and 6036 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X