300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone Scam

Instead of replying in Ask-a-Cop and running the risk of being banned, I figured I comment here.

I just recieved a call from a company claiming that because I have a mastercard, that I have been pre-selected to recieve a 1000 dollar shopping spree and a discounted magazine subscription. I responded with a bunch of "okay's" but I never said yes to the deal. Can this company charge my credit card? (which I never gave out, but according to other sites, they may already know) What are my legal options if they send me the magazines?
    I too received this phone call (513 area code). The "associates" name was Mike I believe. After "okaying" him to death, he put me on the line with a supervisor to validate my ORDER. I told her that I didn't realize there was a purchase required and that I would like to cancel. She canceled it for me and advised me that no such magazines will be sent to me or charged to my account. I will see on my statement if anything was charged soon enough.

If someone approaches you and says they have money for you it's a scam. People don't give money away for free.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6149 users online. 329 members and 5820 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X