300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question

To report a drunk driver... 911 call or non-emergency line? Matter?

Also, is reporting them encouraged? I've never done it but I was really tempted tonight.

I would certainly encourage it. The best venue would be 911 although in my jurisdiction the regular number for the P.D. is as good or better.

Comment

9-1-1
      YES, call it in and get a plate and description of the driver.

I dont know why people are afraid of tying up a 9-1-1 line, I believe that would take a 9-11 type emergency to get a busy signal on a line, right?
      I got nothing for now

Comment

Ive always been encouraged to report it. Here either number works, they can transfer you in a flash. In some places, they may ring to the same phone, just with a different tone.
        "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
        Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
        Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

I encourage it if it is truely needed... (ie: someone cannot maintain a lane or is driving dangerously slow/fast.

I do hear stories where for example a girl calls the cops on another girl (who stole her man) when she leaves the party and has been drinking... Get over it!
          ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

Originally posted by ManInTan View Post
            I encourage it if it is truely needed... (ie: someone cannot maintain a lane or is driving dangerously slow/fast.

I do hear stories where for example a girl calls the cops on another girl (who stole her man) when she leaves the party and has been drinking... Get over it!

Well my story was simply that I turned on what is a relatively busy road behind this pickup truck. The guy couldn't stay straight, he kept weaving left and right and at least once went a foot off the right edge of the road as well as once crossing about a foot into the oncoming lane. He pulled into a gas station and I saw him get out shirtless and just lean on his car for a while... probably should've called it.

Comment

Call it in, but if you do atleast have SOME information to give...

I hate getting a call from a person trying to report a drunk or wreckless driver and they cant tell where they are, which way theyre going, what kind of vehicle it is or anything...

"I dont know what road it is, I was just trying to be helpfull"

"Well, you failed......"
              When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

If you are on a cell phone you need to be aware that your 911 call probably will not go to the PD of the jurisdiction you are in.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                  If you are on a cell phone you need to be aware that your 911 call probably will not go to the PD of the jurisdiction you are in.
                  Exactly. A couple weeks ago I tried calling one in, he was wandering freely across 3 lanes out of 4 on a busy metro interstate (270) and even though we were connected to the correct jurisdiction, within 2 or 3 minutes he was on to the next. We did what we could with a thorough description and plate number. Most everyone else was just trying to hold back and not pass the guy, even though he was (usually) doing well under the limit.

On a side note, for a couple of years now Missouri has mile marker signs every 2/10's of a mile on all interstate highways. It makes it pretty simple to peg your location within seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                    I understand that the international protocol for calling emergency services (911 for US, 000 for Australia, ??? for other countries) when using mobile telephones is to dial 112. 112 is supposed to default to a country's emergency services phone number.

Back to the original question, if you believe it the drunk driver deserves a 911/ 000 phone call, phone it in with registration number, type & model car, location of car and direction of travel, description of driver (if possible), manner in which driver is driving, and any other relevant info. Your call may save some person injury or death and others, unnecessary grief.
                    If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence of your attempt.

Comment

Yeah, call it in. But if you want *us* to look for the needle in the haystack in the busy streets of S. FL, you may have to follow him for a few miles. Otherwise, a simple BOLO is put out, (like many others) and ...............

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5171 users online. 294 members and 4877 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X