Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beheaded on a bus..............WTH

WoW

A man on a Greyhound bus travelling across the Canadian Prairies has killed and decapitated a fellow passenger.
    An eyewitness said the victim was stabbed 50 or 60 times by the man sitting next to him, who then severed his head with a large knife.
    The driver pulled over and passengers fled from the bus, bracing the door to keep the attacker inside.
    A 40-year-old man was arrested after a stand-off lasting several hours and remains in police custody.
    The bus, with 37 passengers and a driver aboard, was travelling from Edmonton, Alberta, to Winnipeg, Manitoba.
    "All of a sudden, we all heard this scream, this bloodcurdling scream," passenger Garnet Caton told CBC television.
    "The attacker was standing up right over the top of the guy with a large hunting knife - a survival, Rambo knife - holding the guy and continually stabbing him... in the chest area," Mr Caton added.
    'Like a robot'
    The attack continued as passengers fled the bus and waited for police on a desolate stretch of the TransCanada Highway near Portage la Prairie, Manitoba.
    Mr Caton, the bus driver and a trucker who had stopped at the scene boarded the vehicle to see if the victim was still alive.
    "When we came back on the bus... he was cutting the guy's head off and pretty much gutting him up," Mr Caton said.
    The attacker ran at them, Mr Caton said, and they ran out of the bus, holding the door shut to prevent him getting out.

"He calmly walks up to the front [of the bus] with the head in his hand and the knife and just calmly stares at us and drops the head right in front of us," Mr Caton said.
    "There was no rage in him ... It was just like he was a robot or something," he added.
    A 40-year-old man was arrested by police at around 0100 (0700 GMT) on Wednesday night, Royal Canadian Mounted Police Sgt Steve Colwell told reporters.
    He said that police apprehended the suspect after a confrontation lasting several hours when the man broke a bus window and tried to escape.
    The man has not yet been charged, Sgt Colwell said, adding that he could release no further information on the investigation.
    The RCMP have not identified the suspect or the victim.
    When the attacker tried to drive the bus away, the driver disabled the vehicle.
    "Some people were puking, some people were crying, other people were in shock ... everybody was running, screaming off the bus," Mr Caton said.
    Sgt Colwell said the "brave" behaviour of the passengers and driver probably prevented anyone else from being hurt.
    Other passengers said that the attacker and his victim were sitting at the back of the bus and the victim, described as around 20 years old, was listening to music through headphones.
    The attack appeared to be unprovoked and it is thought the killer did not know his victim. The passengers have been taken to a hotel in Brandon, Manitoba, and are being given crisis counselling.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Wow...

Keeps you on your toes don't it.

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

It's already being discussed...

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96881
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I think a video of that event would do nicely for the bliss ninnies that say "WHY do you think you would NEED a gun" ?

Bill
        Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

Man...that is certainly no way to get ahead in life.

He'll cetainly never be the head of a major corporation...

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop
            Too bad none of the passengers had a GUN....
            +1, my friend!!!! +1

What *I* want to know is WHERE IN THE HELL WERE THE OTHER PASSENGERS WHILE this guy was stabbed 60 TIMES?!?!?!?

Really says something about how we see our fellow human-beings these days. That fact alone makes me sicker than the act itself.
            1*

Comment

Originally posted by Chit2001 View Post
              +1, my friend!!!! +1

What *I* want to know is WHERE IN THE HELL WERE THE OTHER PASSENGERS WHILE this guy was stabbed 60 TIMES?!?!?!?

Really says something about how we see our fellow human-beings these days. That fact alone makes me sicker than the act itself.
              Yeh really... 30-some other passengers could've stopped the whole thing WITHOUT a gun...

Comment

Originally posted by Jellybean400 View Post
                Yeh really... 30-some other passengers could've stopped the whole thing WITHOUT a gun...
                A bus allows limited access to the perp. In the absence of a suitable weapon and a bus full of women, children and elderly, taking him down would have been very difficult indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeybomb View Post
                  ...remains in police custody...

Well, that's good.

Comment

Of course they could have. My point was ONE person could've stopped him with a gun..... OR the whole damn load of passengers could have dog-piled him before he could carry out this insane act. Either way.... SOMETHING could have been done..... and SHOULD have been done.
                    1*

Comment

Chit is correct, there are to many people in the world today that look at something bad happening to another person and say "Hey it's not my problem".

There are to few people who look at something bad happening to another person and all they can think about is how to help the person.

It was on a bus so there had to be bags', i.e. backpack's and other carry on items. I'm sure someone could of kept distance and smacked the suspect upside the head then had other passangers dive in to help.

But in this case playing Monday Morning QB is not going to help figure what could have happened.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

dogpiling a guy armed with a large fixed blade knife is a bad idea and, if the guy has any idea how to truly use it, would be ALOT less effective than some of you are suggesting.

i don't believe i'd have much trouble keeping unarmed people from disarming me, in an area as confined as a bus.

it's nice in theory, but would've very likely resulted in multiple victims.

Comment

Originally posted by injunwil View Post
                          dogpiling a guy armed with a large fixed blade knife is a bad idea and, if the guy has any idea how to truly use it, would be ALOT less effective than some of you are suggesting.

i don't believe i'd have much trouble keeping unarmed people from disarming me, in an area as confined as a bus.

it's nice in theory, but would've very likely resulted in multiple victims.
                          Anything is better than nothing.........some react, while others watch.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Are you freaking serious? You really think they should have just mobbed him, unarmed? Who cares if one or two more innocent people get stabbed in the process, right? As long as the guy is stopped, it's all about the greater good, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fëanor View Post
                              Are you freaking serious? You really think they should have just mobbed him, unarmed? Who cares if one or two more innocent people get stabbed in the process, right? As long as the guy is stopped, it's all about the greater good, right?
                              In some situations, dog-piling a violent suspect with a weapon can end up with less casualties than just sitting there, letting them carry out their plan. In this case, it mightve ended badly. As confined as a bus is, if the man knew how to handle a knife he could definitely take on a handful of people and do some serious damage. However, if he was standing over the poor kid, a good hit to the head with heavy objects wouldve been a good idea.

Either way, its too late now. Best wishes to the family and the witnesses.
                              "...and the taking of a life is murder. And the punishment for murder is.... well it varies from state to state and by race, but...." - Homer J Simpson.

Police: "Stop and we'll shoot!"
                              Dilbert: "Stop AND we'll shoot? If you're gonna shoot, why should we stop?"
                              Police: "Well, it would be alot easier for us. The targets at the shooting range don't run."

R.I.P. Momma Coleman. You may have left our world, but you have NOT left our hearts.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6822 users online. 361 members and 6461 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X