300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prohibition

It didn't work the first time it was instated, we all know that. Do you guys, as police officers think it could work today, with law enforcement as it is today?

reasons? Pictures are fun =D

my favorite defense for the possibility that it would work is

Police in the 1920's

Police in 2008

Alcohol is prohibited where I work. Seems to work just fine.

Actually, it worked just fine last time. People just changed their minds about it and changed it back to legal.

Comment

They had machine guns strapped on motorcycles back then, police in the 1920s rule. The 2008 picture you have is cool too except what are they doing, raiding a school?

Comment

Not a chance. Too many cops drink!!!
        "They keep creating new ways of celebrating mediocrity" - Mr. Incredible

The future is not some place we are going,
        it is one we are creating.
        The paths are not to be found,
        they are to be made.
        And the activity of making them
        changes both the creator,
        and the destination.

Comment

If people want it they will get it. 70 or 80 years of technology isn't going to change any of that. In general, the police can't stop anyone from doing anything and that includes consuming alcoholic beverages.

Comment

Why on Earth would anyone want to bring back prohibition regardless of how enforceable it is?
            Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Dithyrambe Sur La Fête Des Rois -- Denis Diderot (1713 - 1784)

Comment

Originally posted by Dolmen View Post
              Why on Earth would anyone want to bring back prohibition regardless of how enforceable it is?
              At least we would have a consistent policy regarding the legal status of addicting, intoxicating substances.

Comment

Originally posted by nogginbuster24 View Post
                They had machine guns strapped on motorcycles back then, police in the 1920s rule. The 2008 picture you have is cool too except what are they doing, raiding a school?
                They arent 'raiding' anything.....its a training exercise somewhere......

Unless they have a habit of doing their entries with unloaded weapons....take a closer look at the mag well of the M4.....
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I'm not saying I support prohibition, but of all the arrests I've ever made (except for warrants) I've only arrested 1 sober person.

Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by bigislander72 View Post
                    At least we would have a consistent policy regarding the legal status of addicting, intoxicating substances.
                    Ok, and this is important why?

As far as I'm aware, the only countries that outlaw alcohol do so out of a religious obligation and I really don't think that's a route this country wants to go down.
                    Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Comment

JNA, please tell us, what's your deal? Half the posts you made are about alcohol - facts & figures about not drinking, etc. You've deleted others about "assault weapons."

We can only tolerate so many trolls. Why should we consider keeping you around?

Please tell us where you stand, what you mean, what you want out of life....really....we'll all make better use of our time, here.
                      Last edited by Kieth M.; 07-30-2008, 04:11 PM.
                      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post
                        They arent 'raiding' anything.....its a training exercise somewhere......

Unless they have a habit of doing their entries with unloaded weapons....take a closer look at the mag well of the M4.....
                        And it looks like the guy next to the unloaded M-4 does not even have a gun. He gets to point his finger, like he's got one.

Budget cuts are a beeeeyotch!
                        "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Ok, and this is important why?

As far as I'm aware, the only countries that outlaw alcohol do so out of a religious obligation and I really don't think that's a route this country wants to go down.
                          What does religion have to do with it? Ask any cop out there the social problems caused by alcohol. It even dwarfs that of all the illegal drugs combined. I think the ease of availability has something to do with that. Therefore prohibition would probably reduce some of these problems.

Comment

I cannot believe that there is a person alive who honestly believes that Prohibition "worked."
                            All it did was make alcohol expensive and provide the mob with a product that made them millions of dollars.
                            sigpic
                            Don't make me gassy.
                            You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

What does religion have to do with it?
                              My point is that no other country has seen the need to ban alcohol because it causes problems, even the nanny state European countries haven't bothered trying that.
                              Ask any cop out there the social problems caused by alcohol. It even dwarfs that of all the illegal drugs combined. I think the ease of availability has something to do with that. Therefore prohibition would probably reduce some of these problems.
                              The very same argument is used by the anti gun lobby and it's ridiculous when they use it as well.

Alcohol is not the problem, stupidity is the problem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5877 users online. 319 members and 5558 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X